Windows 10

Soldato
How do you turn off windows 10 asking for your Microsoft password whenever you boot into windows?

I’ve gone into settings and turned off the setting to require sign in but it still persists.

Soldato
I have had Kb5004393 come down the release preview channel. Cannot find any notes online but it does appear as a Windows Feature Experience pack rather than a Cumulative Update Preview.

Man of Honour
What is LTSC release ?

It is designed really for systems that do a specific purpose, a horrid attempt by MS to address the fact that in reality there are people who need systems doing long term reliable uptime! (and that isn't just businesses). Sadly it isn't really an optimal service channel if you do stuff like gaming as it can fall behind for feature/driver support not to mention not readily available to non-business users.

Soldato
It is designed really for systems that do a specific purpose, a horrid attempt by MS to address the fact that in reality there are people who need systems doing long term reliable uptime! (and that isn't just businesses). Sadly it isn't really an optimal service channel if you do stuff like gaming as it can fall behind for feature/driver support not to mention not readily available to non-business users.

Stripped down windows 10 without the crap installed.

That's two very different responses, although meaning the same. Thanks both of you ! :D

Soldato
Hah - I usually try to be a diplomatic person but when it comes to Windows 10 I refuse to sugar coat it - MS needs to pull their heads out their behind.
Ohh I couldn't agree more with you there ! Always reading here or elsewhere how another update broke something that was working just fine and then takes 3 more updates before it is fixed but in return breaking something else yet again and so on. :p

Man of Honour
Microsoft need to stop this, they screwing things up for people big time. They need to split security and features and let people CHOOSE if they install them. Windows is becoming bloat once again.

I really don't get it - sure there are times they'll need to update OS components that necessitate a reboot, etc. but there is no reason really why critical security updates can't be as simple and seamless as Windows Defender updates and then give people full control over feature updates. It isn't like MS is a dozen guys doing it out their garage on the side... though a dozen people doing it on the side would probably do a better job.

They've become like Intel, shambling forward without any real self-awareness, completely out of touch with the people actually using their products, and when some issue causes enough friction it can't be ignored throw out a few buzz words and a nice PR piece about how it is going to be fixed/lessons learnt/done better but keep shambling onwards.

Man of Honour
A reboot on a home PC is not a big deal, you running a Pr0n Farm and cannot afford the downtime? :p

I don't just have a home PC I use for a bit of light web-browsing maybe a bit of music or editing the odd document/email.

I have multiple systems setup for a huge range of stuff from various hobbies involving electronic prototyping and data logging from an oscilloscope, etc. a streaming setup with audio and visual capture/mixing, various programming, 3D design and game modding projects, private City of Heroes server, various stuff running in virtual machines the list goes on.

Back
Top Bottom