Windows 10

Associate
Notice the little weather app on the taskbar bar is clearer, this weeks update foo bared my USB devices such as StreamDeck and Denon PMA-50 for sound, neither work, they were fine last night prior to the patch. FFS. Going to do a clean reinstall, but still, Windows is a pain in the ****.

Soldato
Notice the little weather app on the taskbar bar is clearer, this weeks update foo bared my USB devices such as StreamDeck and Denon PMA-50 for sound, neither work, they were fine last night prior to the patch. FFS. Going to do a clean reinstall, but still, Windows is a pain in the ****.

I've had a similar issue with my Modi 2 Uber. Have to unplug/plug to get it recognised every other day.

Associate
Ugh, why does Windows 10 periodically present a screen at bootup asking me to continue setting up my PC? It's been setup for years! I needed to quickly access my PC for a document earlier and it got stuck on "just a moment" for 10 minutes.

Don
Ugh, why does Windows 10 periodically present a screen at bootup asking me to continue setting up my PC? It's been setup for years! I needed to quickly access my PC for a document earlier and it got stuck on "just a moment" for 10 minutes.

Standard every time a feature update installs - as essentially its the same as installing Windows from scratch

Associate
Standard every time a feature update installs - as essentially its the same as installing Windows from scratch

I've had that before after a new version number, but I don't think I've had any large update recently. According to my update history an update hasn't been installed since last Weds. Oh well, Windows.

Man of Honour
And a bunch more security issues which shouldn't have been there in the first place including HiveNightmare...

And people insist people should be updating to 10 over 7 for security reasons :|

Soldato
And a bunch more security issues which shouldn't have been there in the first place including HiveNightmare...

And people insist people should be updating to 10 over 7 for security reasons :|
I'm not sure I agree, as I feel that Windows 10 stemmed from Windows 7 - so perhaps the security issue exists in Windows 7 also?

Soldato
Anyone having issues with the snap feature? Normally if I snap two windows (normally two browser windows), if I resize one window, the other will also resize with the remaining space available. Now I can snap them side by side but if I resize a window, it only seems to resize that window and isn't actually snapped together.

Everything is turned on in settings.

Soldato
I'm not sure I agree, as I feel that Windows 10 stemmed from Windows 7 - so perhaps the security issue exists in Windows 7 also?

I dont agreed with him. Windows 10 was build on top of Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000 and NT 4.0 codebase. Look at PrintNightmare security issue affected all Windows version since print spooler was first introduced in NT 3.1. Vice Society ransomware is out in the wild exploited PrintNightware security hole, Windows 7 is a security risk.

https://www.neowin.net/news/cisco-p...ploited-by-vice-society-to-inject-ransomware/

Last edited:
Soldato
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58099778

I can well believe it if it was anything to do with Windows 10 development :s

No it nothing to do with Windows 10 development.

Bill Gate catchphrase was probably from 1975, 1980s or very early 1990s when he was CEO at the time.

I googled found the earliest mentioned of Bill Gate catchphrase was The New Yorker article about email from Bill Gate dated 26 December 1993

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/1994/01/10/e-mail-from-bill

I dont know what Bill Gates was swear about at the time. Could be about MS-DOS, Windows 1, Windows 2, Windows 3, Windows NT or maybe cancelled project Cairo development?

Back
Top Bottom