Windows 10

Man of Honour
OP
Got to say I'm happy with what I've seen, more customisation for those that want it.
Like the look if the new task view rather than a small black bar showing apps.

Seems all the windows family will be much more together.

Soldato
Got to say I'm happy with what I've seen, more customisation for those that want it.
Like the look if the new task view rather than a small black bar showing apps.

Seems all the windows family will be much more together.

I think that was their plan with Win8 to bring it all together,obviously with Win10,11 etc they can improve on that aspect.

Man of Honour
OP
And that's it. They now get to play, and we'll get to play tomorrow.
I hope their won't be any driver issues with laptop. Wonder what time it'll be available,

Man of Honour
OP
I think that was their plan with Win8 to bring it all together,obviously with Win10,11 etc they can improve on that aspect.

It was there plan all along. I'm just a bit surprised by the level of integration they stated. Will have to wait for actual details, as they were still talking about sharing cores, rather than one actual product.

Man of Honour
OP
I was expecting a bit more really.

I feel a little bit let down about the future with tablets/laptops at the moment, hopefully there's some actually substance released. :(

Well people were expecting end of year-April release, so were expecting more. Now we know that isn't even close to actual launch date it's no surprise. Have to wait for build for more of the juicy info.

They've done this as they want a large insider project to help steer development.

Caporegime
Well people were expecting end of year-April release, so were expecting more. Now we know that isn't even close to actual launch date it's no surprise. Have to wait for build for more of the juicy info.

They've done this as they want a large insider project to help steer development.

I was expecting Q4 2015 for launch :p

Caporegime
With Surface 2 RT coming up a year old, and at a lowered price. Windows 9 not due for ages. New devices coming out from competitors, Surface 2 Pro hard to find. It's obviously not a good sign there's no new Surface.

Man of Honour
OP
With Surface 2 RT coming up a year old, and at a lowered price. Windows 9 not due for ages. New devices coming out from competitors, Surface 2 Pro hard to find. It's obviously not a good sign there's no new Surface.

be interesting how cherry trail competes with s805. Isn't it meant to be out about now.
They still need a cheap decent tablet, which rt does very well. With atoms tablets being under specked and over priced.
Be interesting what they do as it's now all an odd time line for releases. Pro 3 was June, surface 2 was almost a year ago. Surely they can't not release new devices till win10, but at the same time, the release dates are now all screwed, even for the pro Broadwell will have been out almost a year by the time we see win10.

Soldato
MS- now what can we have\do for windows 10?
dev -I know let people have more desktops!
MS- Linux has had that for years.
dev -can't we just say we did it like we always do?

Another fail on it's way.

Man of Honour
OP
Just noticed there's 10 devices on the poster thing, wonder if that will be the marketing for the 10 name. Developer board through phones, tablets, laptops, desktops, huge TVs.

Hitman
Soldato
I like the look of this so far - in particular, the multi-desktops will be incredibly useful so I can easily split up my software development, web development and casual stuff - it's quite a mess with everything open right now. The better/improved snapping should be just as useful too.

Not bothered about the start menu at all - haven't missed it since I originally upgraded.

Soldato
They have said this is a very early tech preview missing a lot of the changes and not covering tablet or consumer features yet. Dammed if they don't show or discuss anything until the last minute and dammed if they show something almost a year out and feature incomplete...

For what it's worth I think a return to being open and involving customers is a conversation about how the OS shapes up is a good step away from the Apple school of "tada here is is!".

Just waiting to see all the complaints about it crashing or not working properly as people ignore all the warnings and try to use it as their full time production OS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom