Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
It'll probably all be gone by tomorrow anyhow :s
I doubt it given the temperature is not going above 0c

7 inches :p

38075628625_1038374679_c.jpg

Man of Honour
True - if you are vaguely in the Birmingham area looks like you've got another day of snow and temperatures sliding a bit more before a big spike Wednesday.

Soldato
Wintry weather is the main news story on BBC.

Is snow in December really news ?
Considering snow has settled right down to the sea on the North Wales coast, I'd say yes. That's pretty unusual.

XeZynLq.jpg

Just started snowing again here and its forecast to carry on until 8pm with freezing temperatures overnight. Should be good fun in the morning considering my street hasn't cleared yet and doesn't get treated :eek:

Soldato
Been out in the car and given winter tyres their first outing in snow for 4 years - Thank you weather men you can turn tap off and give us some rain again - I am fed up of it already.

I suppose the shops will be full of teacher who get days off for a bit of snow -- or moan the repair man didn't arrive till afternoon and stopped them going out.

Soldato
Crikey did it rain last night! Gales too! I knew there was a weather warning out for it but didn't expect a tree to come down and have to retrieve the wheelie bin from the other side of garden. Spent the entire afternoon clearing up leaves by god it was cold! Wind chill made if feel colder than yesterday.

Soldato
Met Office "yellow warning" of ice in Southampton tomorrow morning.

Just been wet and very windy for a while here today, with a very light mushy sleet shower while I was doing some cycling hill reps on winter tyres earlier. Bitter out there and the ground is very damp, I reckon we could have plenty of sheet ice fun in the morning.:cool:

Man of Honour
All of the residents have spread the grit salt in the yellow bin over the road, so it’s perfectly clear now :)

2009 my then boss took the sacks of grit we got sent to work for the yellow bin (owned by us not council) home to do his drive/path as it was a bit icy with the comment "it never snows here" - not many days later this happened:

CA5C2gI.jpg

Couldn't get vehicles in or out of the loading bays... unfortunately no one higher knew who'd done it so he never got a disciplinary for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom