WINTER 2018/2019 - Chat thread!

Caporegime
Feels like this week is first week of autumn.
Last week we were on holiday in Cornwall in a caravan and it wasnt cold at all. Was in sea bodyboarding for 4 hours. Not cold. This week I wouldn't want to be!

I like a dry winter. These days are ideal.
Cold, still, sunny. Still means I can go. Kayaking etc.
Cold and snow.. Also great. Can't beat a snow day. What I hate is typical November weather. Wet, windy and cold. This will be catered to with my 3d printing project.

Caporegime
Apparently James Madden says it going to be the coldest for 10 years with 4 months of snow from November......:p

I love these long range headline grabbers.
Making them now means if they are wrong they have already been forgotten. If right it can be pulled out by author in an 'I told you so, therefore I am the oracle' statement

Soldato
i suspect after the summer we've had we're in for plenty of cold and snow, after all nature can't let us off that easy.

fortunately i'm not in a bmw this year, so bring it mother nature

Soldato
Blow that I want to know when autumn is going to start. It felt like it at the weekend when it actually rained (gasp!) and felt bloody chilly even had to put the heating on in the evenings!

Today though its back to normal and got caught out when I put trousers on instead of shorts, too bloody warm here. Can't complain really though absolutely gorgeous day not a cloud in the sky wall to wall blue skies. Lovely.

Man of Honour
Seems like a bit of a wildcard this winter. Solar activity seems to be really dropping down with projections slightly below 2008/09 levels which often seems to help with cold UK winters but other factors are real wildcards - the effects of the double-tap SSW event earlier in the year could still have an influence and an unpredictable one equally capable of driving a number of less usual outcomes.

Blow that I want to know when autumn is going to start. It felt like it at the weekend when it actually rained (gasp!) and felt bloody chilly even had to put the heating on in the evenings!

Some are claiming it will be a late and very quick autumn before a sudden change to winter.

Soldato
I would be very happy with a cold dry winter like last year. We've had a lot of wet mild winters in the last few years and 2017/18 was a pleasant change. I find the wet weather is worse than the cold and snow is normally quite unusual and short lived. Last year was really an outlier in this regard.

Soldato
Not that cold here yet, but having moved a bit more rural this was the tundra I woke up to a few times last year. A novelty at first, but a pain in the backside after the 4/5th time :p

wGhzdVMl.jpg

Associate
I was out at 5am this morning walking my dogs. Freezing cold but at least I don't have to de ice my car... yet!
I am hoping for a dry winter because as a dog walker, it's not fun to get continuously soaked all day long! Plus I am off hiking in Wales in November and would like it dry but not icey. Maybe I'm asking too much?

Soldato
I'd happily have a long deep cold winter. I'll take snow, ice, and long periods of freezing temps over mild damp dreary and dull all day long.
The recent cooler temps and brief adverse conditions have been having recently are truly heart warming after a long summer, that start to the summer for me was unbearable. I have longed for the days where I can start putting on my big coat, thick trousers and boots. and dont get me started on the nights drawing in, love this time of year but I love winter even better, bring on the change of the clocks!!!

Please let this winter be a one to remember!

Back
Top Bottom