WINTER 2018/2019 - Chat thread!

Soldato
I am disappoint.

Nowhere near enough fell, roads are fine :(

Yep, poor showing this morning. We had the snow for a long enough period of time, just a real shame it took till 10pmish for the heavier bigger flakes to drop. By that time only snowed for about an hour more.

We had maybe 6 times as much last year when the Met office didn't really predict it for Southampton at all until after the event.

There's more snow on the back of bank cards than there is on the roads here this morning. Probs no more than 2 or 3 pathetic centimetres in my garden.

Last edited:
Soldato
Saw Sky had their roving reporter out and about, updating the news team on the "Snow." Snow! LOL, it's what my gran would have called a skittering or a hard frost. Southerners, u godda love em.

Soldato
Saw Sky had their roving reporter out and about, updating the news team on the "Snow." Snow! LOL, it's what my gran would have called a skittering or a hard frost. Southerners, u godda love em.

Was watching this morning also, had a female reporter on, I was so embarrassed by her reporting. Tries to find the snowiest looking street in the town she was in, the roads behind her you could clearly see the tarmac, zero snow on them and traffic passing as a normal non snowy day, and she's there going on about heavy snow making driving very difficult here. :rolleyes::rolleyes: there was probably no more than an 2cm of snow on the pavements

Associate
was listening to absolute radio in the morning, they said there's risk for life in the thames valley and surrounding areas. lol :D

Caporegime
was listening to absolute radio in the morning, they said there's risk for life in the thames valley and surrounding areas. lol :D
Just heard a similar thing on BBC radio for Northampton, as you can see it’s a whiteout here :rolleyes:

EqR9z0m.jpg
We really are quite pathetic in this country with regard to anything weather related.

Associate
Just heard a similar thing on BBC radio for Northampton, as you can see it’s a whiteout here :rolleyes:

(pic)
We really are quite pathetic in this country with regard to anything weather related.

indeed. i just got up a bit earlier and cleared out the car. can't imagine what the roads are now like when it's busy.

Caporegime
There's a cold wind blowing in to my room this morning. Temps are even lower than before. (Am I the only person in the world that still has their window open in this weather? I love the fresh air even if I get frostbite.)

OXH5TYO.png

Permabanned
Got to drive to Penzance tomorrow morning from Birmingham... Really hoping its not going to be too bad! Got some friends going this evening so they should be able to give me the heads up should it look to dodgy...

Soldato
@el_dazza @Funky-Melon @UTmaniac

look out the window Southampton folk, it's coming down thick. They didn't forecast any of this today, are you sure about it not laying chaps :p

Most of the stuff from last night had thawed, this is about 15 minutes of snow, laying very fast considering it was wet on the ground.

Met office app now showing heavy snow here till 8pm.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom