Winter 2023/24 - It's FREEZING!

Soldato
Well the main storm was due to hit Bristol at 1pm. Here we are 3.5 hours later and according to my new weather station the strongest wind we've had is 16.5 mph, which is 4 on the Beaufort Scale= Moderate Breeze.

I could guff a stronger wind than this.

Last edited:
Associate
This storm doesn't seem as bad as the one a couple weeks back which was frightening but short lasting.

It's just annoying cos it will last all night which means being woken up by the wind and window checking.

Soldato
Wind starting to pick up a bit now in Southampton, mid 20s gusting to mid 40s mph. Supposed to gust to mid 50s for a while in a few hours.

On the north Wales coast by family, just up the road from the place that shall not be named, they've had ~30/55mph wind since mid afternoon.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's bin day tomorrow. So means lots of bins blown over and contents spilled everywhere. People need to crush cans and plastic bottles to get the air out, which stops them rolling about. Plus - can put more stuff in recycling bin!

When council changed from bags to bins - we were told not to crush cans and plastic bottles. Hang on a minute! The bin lorry does crush them. (Shakes head)

Back
Top Bottom