Winter 2024/25 - Cold or Mild? Rain or Snow?

I'd love a log burner but it's about 3 grand to have one fitted. That's 2 years worth of gas and electric.
Not really worth it in the UK really as your wood prices are sky high. I get some people may have a small stove in their lounge, but that's more for effect then actual heating as you still have to run rads elsewhere.

We have 4 log burners and a wood fired range cooker. I have 6 acres of woodland at the back of the property so I cut my own wood. Cost me 100 euro a year to heat the house over the winter (tractor diesel, fuel and oil for the chainsaws).

There isn't the energy lingering currently which has worked against recent winters, but so much seems to need to come together to make it come off in this country lately.

The longer range models seem to be showing significant cold pooling just off the UK in November with a chance of a front loaded winter, but tend to lean towards fairly meh conditions - mild and wet muck - through the rest of the winter currently.
Jeez I really need the emigrate. Can't be doing with the thought of months and months of damp grey wet miserable weather. Ppfffff.

Added a blanket to my bed last night was enough of a background chill feeling - I've not bothered putting the heating on though.

Mine is still forced off too. Try my hardest to keep it off till October

I'm in my thermal leggings, down jacket and gloves walking the dog. It's 8c!

I'd love a log burner but it's about 3 grand to have one fitted. That's 2 years worth of gas and electric.
Id say worth it long term the way things are going! We have an iron enclosed fireplace with window, its an old renovated farm house so proper chimney etc. Here in Poland firewood is cheap if you live near maintained forests, we got two years worth of firewood and it cost £500.

Back
Top Bottom