Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Does anybody know the cheapest way to watch the whole series legally ?

I've tried the usual places such as prime and Netflix but no go

Do sky ever repeat from the beginning?

Season 6 was repeated last Sat/Sun and they have also aired repeats of Seasons 1 - 5 in the past.

Another way would be kodi although not sure if it is 'legal' so I won't go into it.

Caporegime
Littlefinger is going to mess things up for everyone! I think Sansa realised Jon being declared King does not fit in at all with Peter gaining the throne. After his little speech (where he let his guard down probably for the first time ever) effectively telling Sansa everything he does is toward that goal and anything in his way gets removed, I think she realises he's a real threat to Jon now.

Or, she has had the Winterfell snatched from between here and now she is trying to decide whether Littlefinger is the lesser of two evils. It didn't seem a worried look towards john, rather an annoyed look. She could very well be weighing up her options.

Where do we think Dany will land her ships on Westeros? Straight for King's Landing?

Or is there another twist - intercepted by Euron Greyjoy and her inexperienced fleet battered?

They aren't inexperienced, at least the greyjoy part anyway. Whatshername was leading raids over the years and they have a lot of experienced men on their ships.

Doesn't make then invincible, lots of ship have gone down with highly experienced crew. Euron also go experienced crew, he could mess things up too.

Thing is very few ships during sailing times actually went down in. Yes they batter the living **** out of each other with cannon but they are made of wood, so the reality is they usually only went down if the other side were lucky and hit the powder store, or they were purposely burned. It's difficult to sink something inherently buoyant. :p

Having hundreds of soldiers makes it difficult to do take them over, which is how most ships ended up being lost. A few dozen sailors would be no match to a couple of hundred Dothraki/unsullied.

For example the Battle of Trafalgar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Trafalgar

Out of about 70 ships only one actually went down.

Now obviously this is fiction so anything could happen, but historically the biggest threat would be a storm separating the fleet.

Soldato
Thing is very few ships during sailing times actually went down in. Yes they batter the living **** out of each other with cannon but they are made of wood, so the reality is they usually only went down if the other side were lucky and hit the powder store, or they were purposely burned. It's difficult to sink something inherently buoyant. :p

Having hundreds of soldiers makes it difficult to do take them over, which is how most ships ended up being lost. A few dozen sailors would be no match to a couple of hundred Dothraki/unsullied.

For example the Battle of Trafalgar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Trafalgar

Out of about 70 ships only one actually went down.

Now obviously this is fiction so anything could happen, but historically the biggest threat would be a storm separating the fleet.

I am still traumatised after Elsa & Anna lost their parents to a storm at sea. :(

Associate
Just finished binge watching S1-6 last night.

Question about the finale - how was **** able to use the face, which I presume she stole from the "temple"? When she used it previously the Nameless Man said to non-nameless people the masks were as good as poison, so she went blind. I was a bit disappointed in her storyline, I thought she was going to become a badass assassin with some Sith training, but she just left.

She didn't actually receive any training there apart from learning how to fight with a wooden staff while blind, and she practiced lying for a bit (and cleaned floors...).

Edit: Why is Ar....ia starred here?

Soldato
I think The Walking Dead, beat them to it..;):)

Apparently the location crew weren't there long as because of the "sheer level of desolation on display in Rhyl". It was only later that they were informed of their mistake after it was reported they had not used Rhyl for location shoots as "it was presumed another zombie apocalypse show was already being filmed there from looking at the place".

Getting back on topic - it's going to be interesting what Tyrion's role will be going forward as clearly there are some scores to settle from him.

One thing that stands between good shows and great shows is the casting - they got this absolutely spot on. As well cast as Band of Brothers (IMO the greatest show to date) and again an HBO show.

Question about the finale - how was **** able to use the face, which I presume she stole from the "temple"? When she used it previously the Nameless Man said to non-nameless people the masks were as good as poison, so she went blind. I was a bit disappointed in her storyline, I thought she was going to become a badass assassin with some Sith training, but she just left.

She didn't actually receive any training there apart from learning how to fight with a wooden staff while blind, and she practiced lying for a bit (and cleaned floors...)
I was under the impression that she (unknowingly) was tasked with killing Waif.

I got a bit lost on that part, I must confess.

Last edited:
Man of Honour

She didn't actually receive any training there apart from learning how to fight with a wooden staff while blind, and she practiced lying for a bit (and cleaned floors...).

Edit: Why is Ar....ia starred here?

It's a competitor of the shop, the character from GoT is Arya ;)

Associate
Just started watching from the start again in a bid to fill the void till it comes back.
It's amazing how young they all look and all the characters you semi forgot about because they didn't make it very far :).

I look forward to Robbs wife appearing.

Associate
It's a competitor of the shop, the character from GoT is Arya ;)

Ah I see, haha. I realised earlier that actually she must have somehow become a nameless person since she drank from that well and didn't die, so I assume somehow she graduated after just learning to become a better liar? :confused:

She ended up saying she was Arya Stark when she left, so don't know how she can still be classed as a nameless person.

Back
Top Bottom