Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
what about the ravens?! ''send a raven'' next scene ''i received a raven today''

like there's an endless supply of fully trained ravens that can navigate anywhere in the world in mind boggling time and efficiency

Did you not know that "Send a raven" is code in GOT for mystical email? :D:D:D

People don't have a problem with huge direwolves, dragons, people rising from the grave and an army of the dead but are perplexed by condensed timelines for story/tv progression.

People don't have a problem with huge direwolves, dragons, people rising from the grave and an army of the dead but are perplexed by condensed timelines for story/tv progression.
It's not a huge problem, but it could be presented better... Like put the scene with Jon getting the raven a bit later on in the episode.

Tbf, I've always considered that rebuttal to be fairly weak.

So long as the internal logic of something is sound, people really don't care. The way time and distance work in GoTs just simply doesn't work in that respect.

I don't really care btw, just playing a little devils advocate. I think ultimately it's sign of how much people love the show more then anything.

I do find the way that characters can travel the length and breadth of westeros with no discernable passing of time a little jarring.

I'm the books it takes King Robert a month to go from Kings Landing to Winterfell, admittedly it would be quicker for just a couple of people on horseback without a whole court entourage, but still, it's a considerable travel time.

Last edited:
Anyone else paid attention during the opening credits? - Unsure if this is spoiler or not so better safe then sorry..

Pay close attention to The Wall. This season, the sea on both sides, but particularly to the right, has completely frozen over. White Walkers can just walk right around.... if they haven't already.

A few questions I had about how things turned out:
- Has Varys lost all his spies? You'd have thought they'd know Euron had been at Kings Landing and was out to get them.
- Anyway, you'd think the fleet would be sailing without lit torches on the boats acting as beacons given they're now at war.
- How did Euron know exactly which ship Yara and the others were on, in the dark. And why wasn't the ship in the middle of the fleet?
- Now on to the Tyrell bannermen, you'd think he'd be rather annoyed at Cersei for killing members of house Tyrell and back Olenna rather than just break their oath. She's crazy, blowing up part of the city, her own son killed himself, most of her family are dead, who in their right mind would want to pair up with her.

On other topics, I do wonder what Bronn will think if/when he sees Tyene Sand, hope he rescues her!

And can't wait to see if the Hound meets Brienne again, that'll be interesting!

The quality has somewhat declined since they've adhered less to the books (duh?). Not that the books are amazingly written, just the TV writers generally aren't as good without the books guiding them as much. Of course GRRM should've had Winds of Winter out 2+ years ago (ideally). I still love GoT and I'll decently enjoy the rest of the show as I am currently - but generally I don't rate the show near the likes of The Wire, Sopranos etc.

Last edited:
I do find the way that characters can travel the length and breadth of westeros with no discernable passing of time a little jarring.

I'm the books it takes King Robert a month to go from Kings Landing to Winterfell, admittedly it would be quicker for just a couple of people on horseback without a whole court entourage, but still, it's a considerable travel time.

That'd be a slow jaunt though, if you desperately need to move around, the horse can travel 30-40 mph if they're good and frankly this is a mystical land so who knows.

It can easily be counted in a few days really.

Anyway, i've noticed a considerable slowdown in the story, i guess I can overlook it as it justifies itself over all the major players being back in Westeros... building up as it should.

GoT hyperdrive running at Warp 9 this week

Oh so quotable

Much foreshadowing

The Onion Knight = 10/10 hype man

Bran should be renamed Dr. Branhattan

Olenna with the ultimate mic drop.

I feel like they're rushing things slightly now. All this lengthy dialogue and then Casterly Rock and Highgarden got one scene for a few minutes.

Jon crumbled massively upon meeting Dany as well. :o

Am not usually awake to watch when it first airs but was this time. Considering all the events that occurred it just seemed a bit....anti-climatic? It wasn't bad and there were some good lines but certain scenes just didn't have the dialogue to match the occasion. Not having the books as source material has certainly hurt with writing imo.

I feel like they're rushing things slightly now. All this lengthy dialogue and then Casterly Rock and Highgarden got one scene for a few minutes.

Jon crumbled massively upon meeting Dany as well. :o

Saving the majority of the budget for the last two episodes, probably.

Things do seem to be snowballing rather quickly towards their conclusion after all this time which is likely because at this point they're going off of GRRM's ideas and framework for the end game, rather than entire books. Peripheral characters are getting removed off the board quickly, stuff is happening fast. It's sort of their own doing having decided to start adapting the books well before the end was in written sight, but at the same time it seemed back then GRRM was on course to get it done roughly around the same time.

First thing Bran does to Sansa is remind her of the worst night of her life? Way to go man, way to go.

Olenna stole the show with that exit. You could tell Jamie was mere inches from running Widows Wail through her.

Back
Top Bottom