Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Close up scenes, indoors, medium sized sets, live locations.... looks nice.

The only good thing I can say about the CGI of large battles and structures is they probably saved money on it.

Desktop wallpaper material it is not.

Jon crumbled massively upon meeting Dany as well. :o

Well to be fair, think about the situation. His only experience of the Targaryens is that they burned members of his family alive. His father who he looked up to massively, went to war and shed blood to overthrow Targaryen rule.

It's a lot to ask for Jon to suddenly be an ally with a Targaryen. Although he may be one himself, he doesn't know this and probably wouldn't change his opinion of them that easily.

I hope Bran gets it soon. I can't stand his character or story.

I thought his story was super interesting, one of my favourites, but this last episode I just didn't understand his change in character all of a sudden, it would make more sense if slowly over time he became desensitised to the present, but he went from being normal to being cold and creepy in the space of one episode.

yeah it was a bit random, it is like he's somehow developed autism overnight and now lacks empathy, can't communicate well etc... he wasn't really like that back in the cave/underground place north of the wall

Maybe he's been dreaming too long. I remember the Raven said something to him about staying too long, forgetting who you are or what is real. He does seem disinterested with the real world.

He's also south of the wall now. I wonder if the Night's Kings mark allows the undead to pass the wall freely. It allowed them to ignore the children of the forests ward magic.

Maybe he's been dreaming too long. I remember the Raven said something to him about staying too long, forgetting who you are or what is real. He does seem disinterested with the real world.

He's also south of the wall now. I wonder if the Night's Kings mark allows the undead to pass the wall freely. It allowed them to ignore the children of the forests ward magic.

But we didn't get any of his transition between being normal and disinterested, it was really jarring.

The theory is that Bran = every Bran in the Stark family, including Bran the Builder.

Perhaps he's visiting the past so much and harming people in indirect ways, which is screwing with his head. i.e. Hodor

Am not usually awake to watch when it first airs but was this time. Considering all the events that occurred it just seemed a bit....anti-climatic? It wasn't bad and there were some good lines but certain scenes just didn't have the dialogue to match the occasion. Not having the books as source material has certainly hurt with writing imo.

When was the dialogue that much better? I think the main difference between this and the first few seasons is scenes are shorter and we jump around more, that's all.

It's a lot to ask for Jon to suddenly be an ally with a Targaryen. Although he may be one himself, he doesn't know this and probably wouldn't change his opinion of them that easily.

Will it be the suspicious first scenes going all the way through to romance and another incestuous partnership with only bran knowing the truth...

Mind you with how blunt the brat was he'd probably tell Jon afterwards.

The theory is that Bran = every Bran in the Stark family, including Bran the Builder.

Perhaps he's visiting the past so much and harming people in indirect ways, which is screwing with his head. i.e. Hodor

I've seen an even wilder theory which has some plausibility to it! :eek:

So you're saying he's All Bran?

Well done, well done.

The show is moving waaaaaay too faast.

Anyone else think Highgarden and Casterly Rock looked really poor?
Especially Highgarden, it's supposed to be a beautiful expansive white-stone castle with 3 outer walls, in an area of lush fertile farmland, surrounded by flowers, orchards, vineyards and fields, not some pitiful stoney keep in grassland.

Last edited:
I think in the attempt to only show what is "required" of the story, it loses the ability to show little side-stories that may never conclude, but still add flavour... though too much is certainly filler... zero is just as bad, i mean this isn't a movie.

Back
Top Bottom