Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
people on about the not being on a horse people realize that often the stables for castles are often outside before the castle entrance ? :D so she wouldnt be on it anyway :p

Thanks for more apologist fan fiction and missing the point, I'm out...

headinhands.gif

She also had heat resistance at least when she bathed in the super hot water didn't she? Very near the start.

that's true

perhaps a difference between the books and the series, quote from GRRM:

Lastly, some fans are reading too much into the scene in GAME OF THRONES where the dragons are born -- which is to say, it was never the case that all Targaryens are immune to all fire at all times.

another comment by GRRM:

Granny: Do Targaryens become immune to fire once they "bond" to their dragons?

George RR Martin: Granny, thanks for asking that. It gives me a chance to clear up a common misconception. TARGARYENS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO FIRE! The birth of Dany's dragons was unique, magical, wonderous, a miracle. She is called The Unburnt because she walked into the flames and lived. But her brother sure as hell wasn't immune to that molten gold.

Revanshe: So she won't be able to do it again?

George RR Martin: Probably not.

I guess that "probably not" has been surpassed by the TV show and she has done it again...

https://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/9356/is-daenerys-targaryen-immune-to-fire

If Danny can just pop in hundreds of miles inland (without any way of having intel where Lannister army is) past King's Landing, then taking King's Landing becomes irrelevant. There is no threat from King's Landing, you can just waltz hordes, ships and dragons past King's Landing. The biggest, strongest strategic point of Westeros is useless. Now Danny can send small Dorthraki unit to Highgarden and half the civilised continent is hers. With one quick raid. If only several generations of kings and throne usurpers thought of that...

they were ambushed on the Rose Road, the main road coming all the way from Highgarden, you don't need to know someone's exact location if you know they're going to, at some point, be travelling in a slow moving convoy along one big long road...

The TLDR was producers lazyness - things are just happening "tada!" without precedence in this season. Sloppy scripting decisions have consequences. If Danny can just pop in hundreds of miles inland (without any way of having intel where Lannister army is) past King's Landing, then taking King's Landing becomes irrelevant. There is no threat from King's Landing, you can just waltz hordes, ships and dragons past King's Landing. The biggest, strongest strategic point of Westeros is useless. Now Danny can send small Dorthraki unit to Highgarden and half the civilised continent is hers. With one quick raid. If only several generations of kings and throne usurpers thought of that...

I was under the impression that the baggage train was near King's Landing because didn't Randall Tarly say some of the gold had been delivered? I agree that it seems implausible that the Dothraki could land and slip past KL unmolested (maybe they were?) but not impossible. If the bulk of the Lannister army is already outside KL then possibly the garrison is not large enough to sally out and attack the Dothraki.

It's also not impossible to suggest that Dani get intel of the Lannister army's location before they meet. "Do we know where the enemy is yet?" "Yes we do." "OK I'm going to kill them now. See you in a few days" Is not very dramatic.

Surely Highgarden would have sent a raven to Dragonstone once they were under siege?

That would be approx two maybe even weeks earlier. That's roughly the time scale.

that's true
they were ambushed on the Rose Road, the main road coming all the way from Highgarden, you don't need to know someone's exact location if you know they're going to, at some point, be travelling in a slow moving convoy along one big long road...

They were ambushed at Blackwater Rush crossing. Seconds earlier captains had a meeting confirming that the gold train reached King's Landing. Jamie said "we need to reach capital by night fall". Entire khalasars (with dragons) camping just outside King's Landing unnoticed create even more plot holes than horde scoring the lucky last minute raid galloping blind down the road from capital two weeks after the last intel about the armies location.

Oh for god of light's sake - it was just an example of an obvious continuity issue caused by entire scene(s) missing in an episode that had 14 minutes to spare for such scenes.

The TLDR was producers lazyness - things are just happening "tada!" without precedence in this season. Sloppy scripting decisions have consequences. If Danny can just pop in hundreds of miles inland (without any way of having intel where Lannister army is) past King's Landing, then taking King's Landing becomes irrelevant. There is no threat from King's Landing, you can just waltz hordes, ships and dragons past King's Landing. The biggest, strongest strategic point of Westeros is useless. Now Danny can send small Dorthraki unit to Highgarden and half the civilised continent is hers. With one quick raid. If only several generations of kings and throne usurpers thought of that...

It's not about the length of the episode, it's about the pacing! If a character changes clothes do we need to see them do it? Well, some of you pervs would probably like it.

She knew they were headed from Highgarden to KL, via road. I don't think it takes a military genius to figure out where to go. Showing them discuss the ambush would kind of ruin the point of it being as much as a surprise to us as Jaime!!!
She didn't sneak her army past under the walls. It's important as the capital and in a strategic spot sure but there's nothing stopping her landing 30 or more miles away. Dothraki aren't up to much when it comes to attacking city walls, it's out in the open they're most at home. It's why all the cities in Essos have huge walls!

They were ambushed at Blackwater Rush crossing.

yes, a location right at the end of the big main road already mentioned: the rose road that they'd have to take all the way from Highgarden - so not exactly hard for someone to find them

Seconds earlier captains had a meeting confirming that the gold train reached King's Landing. Jamie said "we need to reach capital by night fall". Entire khalasars (with dragons) camping just outside King's Landing unnoticed create even more plot holes than horde scoring the lucky last minute raid galloping blind down the road from capital two weeks after the last intel about the armies location.

Not really, you don't know where the Dothraki were camping or where they were hours or days earlier, whether they were tracking the convoy or laying in wait for them. You're just trying too hard to find pilot holes that aren't there.

Can we have a seperate v0n GoT moaning thread please? This is getting filled with crap

Agreed. I had hope when he said he was done, but apparently he's not.

I'm done, you can now fap to dragons or whatever you wanted to do in this thread rather than discussing GoT. whatiswrongwithyoukidssadsmiley.gif

I'll get myself youtube channel (snaps fingers in 'mhm that's right' motion)

lol. v0n stated a perfectly valid opinion and more than justified it without attacking anybody. You lot keep trying to argue the toss with an opinion yet when he responds further now you think he needs his own thread to moan? Perhaps you guys jus tneed to accept that v0n, typically somebody who analyses far more than any of you lot do, and somebody who's more likely to be bothered by such things as a result, isn't happy with the pacing rather than continuously trying to tell him why he's wrong.

Look, time isnt linear across westeros. We all know it. Everybody seemingly travels at their own pace off camera. It's v0n's opinion (and not just v0ns) that it's worse in this series than any before it, and cutting episodes short only exasperates the issue. Now, some people dont care, some ignore it, and it bugs the hell out of some people. It's bugging me..... but not quite enough to get too worked up about it. however, had I been bombarded like v0n was, question after question and expecting answer, you'd probably say i was moaning to hell and back as well. It's very easy to dig at somebody expecting them to spell every post out and then accuse them of moaning. If you don't like it, don't keep digging.

Agreed. I had hope when he said he was done, but apparently he's not.

I think I understand his points, I just don't think they're worthy worrying about.

Just put him on ignore - you like doing that.

Last edited:
I don't mind someone giving their opinions about something being wrong. Just so long as they don't mind me pointing out why I think they're wrong!
I've not seen any countering to any of my responses (Eurons fleet moving about etc), just a bit of scrambling to bring up other things they think are wrong (which genuinely aren't).

I've not seen any countering to any of my responses (Eurons fleet moving about etc), just a bit of scrambling to bring up other things they think are wrong (which genuinely aren't).

You've had your responses and there were responses to similar fan fiction few pages before you.
You were supposed to ask yourself how did Euron know of Unsullied and how did he know to rush his fleet to Casterly Rock with a few days delay. And what was presented to us, viewers, as a hint why he's suddenly on the other side of the continent.
However, as you've noticed, the kids asked us to shut up as any serious talk somewhat spoils their "oooh, dragons" twerking routine. So, I can't run this scripting class full time any more. We have to let it go. :)

You were supposed to ask yourself how did Euron know of Unsullied and how did he know to rush his fleet to Casterly Rock with a few days delay. And what was presented to us, viewers, as a hint why he's suddenly on the other side of the continent.

Cersei knew they'd go for Casterly Rock. As the Lannister home and power base it's a prime target, as Tyrion said, they'll be waiting. So they empty it, let them attack (I'm sure they'd have reports of the composition of the army but the who is kinda irrelevant) and trap an army on the far side of the continent with no access to escape or supply lines. Just a case of watching and waiting for the fleet ferrying the unsullied to leave dragonstone. It's a long way to Casterly Rock, plenty of time to get messages, deal with the Dornish crowd and head off after the 2nd fleet.

Why us viewers don't see these things? Dramatic effect - just like the ambush on Jaime, we get surprised too.

The teleporting and "automatch" battles without any plausible explanation is terrible writing.
It is absolute nonsense that HighGarden would have been captured by strength of arms alone. The Lannister forces lacked completely in siege weapons apart from one experimental ballista reserved for killing dragons only. No trebuchets, cannons, rams or mangonels makes an attack suicidal regardless of superior numbers.
How does the dothraki force appear out of nowhere with no fleet of ships to carry them over the seas and no supply chain?

I just hope dani doesn't end up on the throne, the whole thing would be way too predictable and take the shine off the show for me. Her story arc has been pretty terrible outside of the first series, if the whole build up is her on the throne I will feel cheated. Anyone else but her.

Cersei has slowly been turning into the hag she met as a child, my god have her looks deserted her.

Enjoying the series so far even though it's rushed and terribly put together, switch brain off enjoyment.

Back
Top Bottom