Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just hope dani doesn't end up on the throne, the whole thing would be way too predictable and take the shine off the show for me. Her story arc has been pretty terrible outside of the first series, if the whole build up is her on the throne I will feel cheated. Anyone else but her.

Cersei has slowly been turning into the hag she met as a child, my god have her looks deserted her.

Enjoying the series so far even though it's rushed and terribly put together, switch brain off enjoyment.
I don't like what Dany's becoming. She's just becoming as murderous and uncompromising as her nutty old man. She's getting power mad.

Jon should get it. He takes after his father Rhaegar, who was supposed to be a good, noble and brave man. Plus he surely is the rightful heir as the oldest son of Rhaegar.

Also, I've always said it's going to be someone who has no ambition for it. That rules out Dany and Euron. Jon has never shown any sign of wanting it.

I don't think there will be a ruler of the seven kingdoms in the end. They'll be left to rule their own kingdoms, the Starks in the norf etc.

I don't think the show will have a big climactic ending really. I just don't see it being the good defeating the evil and living happily ever after thing. Martin likes history and history doesn't end. Its like the archmaester was saying about how everyone thought it was the end when the first men invaded, and when the targaryens / Robert took power. People thought it was the end when the white walkers came but life went on. I think the story continues on in a sense, the whole cycle starting again.

The white walkers might get beaten or bargained with but don't think they'll be destroyed. Think it's just the god(s) bringing about a sort of balance. What's left of people will just begin the game of thrones again. Kinda matrix style lol

I don't like what Dany's becoming. She's just becoming as murderous and uncompromising as her nutty old man. She's getting power mad.

Jon should get it. He takes after his father Rhaegar, who was supposed to be a good, noble and brave man. Plus he surely is the rightful heir as the oldest son of Rhaegar.

Also, I've always said it's going to be someone who has no ambition for it. That rules out Dany and Euron. Jon has never shown any sign of wanting it.

Exactly why the white walkers need to win tbh.

You were supposed to ask yourself how did Euron know of Unsullied and how did he know to rush his fleet to Casterly Rock with a few days delay. And what was presented to us, viewers, as a hint why he's suddenly on the other side of the continent.

I assumed that both fleets the Unsullied and Dorne fleet were following similar routes down the east coast. Euron found the Dorne fleet and sunk it, then probably tortured a bunch of captains who said the other fleet is X days ahead and is going to Casterly rock. Being a pirate type fleet operated by a race of sailors they were probably just faster than the soldier packed boats and caught them up in the weeks it would have taken to get to get Casterly rock. It could have been explained a bit better but it's not rocket science. Why assume the Dorne fleet sailed toward King Landing, if they sailed to Sunspear they would have taken practically the same route as the Unsullied so makes it much more plausible that Uron just kept going and followed them.

Cersei knew they'd go for Casterly Rock. As the Lannister home and power base it's a prime target, as Tyrion said, they'll be waiting. So they empty it, let them attack (...)

How would Cersei know though? We need something to base it on, something solid to believe it.

I assumed that both fleets the Unsullied and Dorne fleet were following similar routes down the east coast. Euron found the Dorne fleet and sunk it, then probably tortured a bunch of captains who said the other fleet is X days ahead and is going to Casterly rock.

This is good, I like it - it would make a perfect GoT cut scene - maybe a minute long, torture of a screaming captain under the deck, then in the scene where he gets too close to Cersei at the court and The Mountain steps in he would say something along the lines of "I have one more bit of good news for you my queen, if you let us talk in private". Obviously they don't tell us what the news is, we just see his fleet sink unsullied ships later on and figure it out. Set, staged, delivered. Your "assumed" is actually better than what we got. The old GoT wouldn't pass opportunity to deliver a perfectly giffable scene like this with someone waving a torture device with a big evil grin.

Jon should get it.

With R.R. I don't think it's going to be anyone we cheer for at the moment. I'd go for Tyrion, but that's too obvious. I actually think it's going to be Sam. Wise, caring, peaceful, meister learned, renaissance king with a wildling wife. Uniting both sides of the wall, silent saviour of Westeros, the guy who discovered how to kill White Walkers, maybe even how to make Valyrian steel again...

Last edited:
Jon, Tyrion, Dany and Bran have more POV chapters than anyone in the books, pretty obvious that they'll be more important to the end-game than anyone else and we know the destination for both books and TV series are going to be roughly the same.

Or it'll be Hot Pie. The Pastry That Was Promised.

The teleporting and "automatch" battles without any plausible explanation is terrible writing.
It is absolute nonsense that HighGarden would have been captured by strength of arms alone. The Lannister forces lacked completely in siege weapons apart from one experimental ballista reserved for killing dragons only. No trebuchets, cannons, rams or mangonels makes an attack suicidal regardless of superior numbers.
How does the dothraki force appear out of nowhere with no fleet of ships to carry them over the seas and no supply chain?

We don't know how easily or difficult Highgarden was taken, presumably fairly easily as those things go by how indifferent Jaime was. They didn't show the siege as a conscious choice (was in the behind the scenes video because with the Tyrell bannerman turning on them it was a foregone conclusion). The sfx shot didn't show siege gear - fairly safe to assume they probably did have some. That was a fairly hokey sfx shot by their standards - I reckon they were working their butts off to make scenes like the dragon attack look great.

They had a fleet! It's even said in the episode they still had enough ships to ferry the Dothraki across the narrow sea. They were not that far from the coast! Don't know at this point if they're staying in Westeros or heading back to dragonstone though.

How would Cersei know though? We need something to base it on, something solid to believe it.

How does she know the enemy will want to take the economic and military powerbase of her rule? The place she thinks her brother hates and wants to destroy? The same brother advising the Queen...
I dunno, a lucky guess.

Last edited:
Or it'll be Hot Pie. The Pastry That Was Promised.

Everyone decides to work together, they defeat the white walkers with no losses, the throne is shared across the protagonists and an age of enlightenment and peace begins. A feast is held to celebrate and Hotpie murders everyone using poisoned cornish pasties and sits at the head of a brutal pastry based dictatorship.

We don't know how easily or difficult Highgarden was taken, presumably fairly easily as those things go by how indifferent Jaime was.

I think we can assume the job was made much easier given that all of the Reach lords had listened to Cersei's speech, Jamie got Tarly to defect, so presumably they did too.

She used to bathe in boiling hot waters
She survived Drogo's Pyre
She survived the house of the warlocks whatever it was called
She survived burning all the Kals in that house

I'm not certain that in the world of the TV show we are to expect anything but a true Targ to be anything but fireproof.

surely the only point of interest in this whole debate is that she's fireproof but her clothes aren't? 8-)

Back
Top Bottom