Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Old nan tells bran a story about an ice dragon that has ice breath. Most stories she tells bran about the walkers etc turnout to be true so I'd bank on ice breath. Also RR wrote a story about ice dragons before so I'd say more to suggested it'll be ice powered than fire.

Caporegime
The dragon is going to melt the wall. A dragon that blows ice, would just be dumb on so many levels. It might be blue fire, but it'll be fire. For sure.

Why would it be dumb? They seem to make everything a bit colder anyway when they arrive, doesn't have to be ice but just cold air

Associate
It is worth remembering that it is suggested the wall is more than a physical barrier. There is magic in it that stops the NK (and maybe others) passing it. Then again the theory I believe the most is the NK touching Bran was to do with Bran breaking that magic barrier when he went south the Winterfell.

Soldato
Imagine if The Hound's trip with Arya was done at the same pace as the journeys in this season, there'd be lots of amazing stuff missed out because "I just want to get to the action, who cares about the journey" seems to be what people want now. I think the rushed pace (caused by a lack of filming time vs cost) actually spoils the story a little now, there's no build-up to events it's just "we need to have a fight - FIGHT - next scene please" without the stuff which made the early seasons so good.

Plus, there was ample opportunity to kill off characters in episode 6 but you just KNOW it won't happen now so it takes the suspense away i.e. who genuinely thought Jon Snow was going to drown......No-One did, because we know he's needed for the end-game, so why did the producers decide to have a "will he/won't he die" situation when NO-ONE thinks he'll die, it just ruins the suspense for me.

However I'll still stay up to watch the season finale before work :D

Soldato
How do you know He is King Tommen if you are on Season 3 ? Are you a Greenseer ? :D
Bored, nothing to do until Sept when I start a year of work exp :x so rewatching, I honestly don't remember what happened in s3 to s6 its like a black hole, really crappy using the same actor, shame shame shame :p

Permabanned
Imagine if The Hound's trip with Arya was done at the same pace as the journeys in this season, there'd be lots of amazing stuff missed out because "I just want to get to the action, who cares about the journey" seems to be what people want now. I think the rushed pace (caused by a lack of filming time vs cost) actually spoils the story a little now, there's no build-up to events it's just "we need to have a fight - FIGHT - next scene please" without the stuff which made the early seasons so good.

Plus, there was ample opportunity to kill off characters in episode 6 but you just KNOW it won't happen now so it takes the suspense away i.e. who genuinely thought Jon Snow was going to drown......No-One did, because we know he's needed for the end-game, so why did the producers decide to have a "will he/won't he die" situation when NO-ONE thinks he'll die, it just ruins the suspense for me.

However I'll still stay up to watch the season finale before work :D

There is plenty of build up, one of the episodes was almost entirely Jon dicking around on the island with daenerys. :p

Its nearing the "end game", most of the chaff has been killed throughout the previous series. Cant kill everyone.....or can they!

Caporegime
i think as the series get near the end book people need to calm as obvious directions could be taken towards the tv series.i want suprise.when i watch not some guy six pages back telling me he read whats happening from whatever time ago.

Soldato

I agree with you that there was no suspense for the viewer but I'm not sure that's why it was done, I assumed it was more a plot device. Effectively doubling down on Dany's loss Dragon + Snow for the climax (some pun intended) of the episode.

Associate

Problem is there's lots of things going on with other characters during these end game events and the leads are now crossing paths regularly. Before they rarely did so was easy to containerise them and their stories - the timelines didn't matter so much.
Sure we could spend a week with Jon on a boat going from dragonstone to Eastwatch where nothing of significance happens except banter between the characters. It'd be fun but ultimately filler and all the other characters that are now crossing paths with eachother would just have to sit there parked up with nothing of significance happening to them either. If they are shown then they'd have to be given made up filler too.

Again if written well it'd be fun but really, Dany has landed in Westeros and launched an all out invasion whilst the Night King is finally showing his hand. They'd be crucified for having episodes of nothing but filler!

I was pretty sure Jon wasn't a gonner but I did wonder if he was going to be held captive or turned in some way so wasn't too sure how it'd go. (Then I remembered someone spoiling in here that Uncle Benji would save the day).

Back
Top Bottom