1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Hostile_18, Aug 3, 2009.

?

Who will rule Westeros?

Poll closed May 18, 2019.
  1. Daenerys Targaryen

6.8%
  2. Jon Snow / Aegon Targaryen

30.8%
  3. Sansa Stark

13.8%
  4. Arya Stark

8.1%
  5. Bran Stark

2.1%
  6. Sam Tarley

3.0%
  7. Tyrion Lannister

9.8%
  8. Jamie Lannister

0.8%
  9. Cersei Lannister

2.1%
  10. Gendry

10.8%
  11. Brienne of Tarth

1.3%
  12. The Night King

4.9%
  13. Other (please specify)

5.7%
  1. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

There's a whole Reddit for that. ;)

2. Beast888

Associate

Does HBO actually work when trying to watch it with a vpn? Because I'm obviously not from America but I'd like to see it live before someone spoils everything and apparently it works but I wonder has anyone tried it here

3. james.miller

Capodecina

it airs at the same time on sky Atlantic, same as previously. 2am.

4. Beasty

Mobster

Usually get a few juicy tidbits after the Premiere, not spoilers per say. I've not found a thing.

5. SixTwoSix

Sgarrista

Finished my watchthrough last night in prep for S8.

One major standout episode is S6 final episode, when Cersei gets revenge on, well, everyone, the music, the atmosphere, the tension, even knowing what happens I was on the edge of my seat again. Up their in the absolute best moments of GOT.

6. dowie

Caporegime

In case you haven't seen it, Kit Harrington's SNL opening:

Incidentally if anyone uses a newsreader app to get a selection of stories from various news outlets, avoid any tabloid papers at the moment, they'll happily stick blatant spoilers in the story headline itself FFS!!!! Like "clip shows X & Y survive event Z" etc...

7. SixTwoSix

Sgarrista

Youtube isn't much better, after Avengers IW they were posting videos with screengrabs of dead characters. This was suggested videos for channels not yet subscribed to. Popular channels as well in the millions of subscribers.

I fully expect the same kind of asshattery around GOT S8. Basically avoid YT every day until you've watched the latest episode.

Luckily I don't use social media anymore so don't have to avoid the regular posters who post massive spoilers just to annoy people.

8. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

For me, I think it's maybe the first 6 minutes is perhaps the best TV I can remember. Cersei's music playing with it all going on. I seem to recall there is something right at the end with her music playing too... if it's what I think it is. Amazing.

This in fact, right?

9. SixTwoSix

Sgarrista

Yeah that's it exactly. The music does play again at the end. I think the music stands out as its so against the norm for GOT scores.

10. Clov!s

Capodecina

The music they used is brilliant, it just sets the mood so well.

11. Glanza

Sgarrista

12. jrodga2k5

Sgarrista

Sky Atlantic is shown at the same time in the UK as it is on HBO in the US. It's shown at roughly 2am if I remember correctly.

My Sky box essentially has it downloaded for me getting up so an a Monday I just get up a bit earlier and then stick Game of Thrones on right away, easy enough to avoid spoilers :)

13. ianh

Mobster

The GoT YouTube channel has dropped a bunch of interviews with the cast reliving their best memories and all 10+ are great!

14. Scam

Capodecina

I actually sent a complaint into the Independent of all newspapers because they were insistent on pushing/advertising their reviews down the right of any page you were on, with damn spoilers in the headline! :mad:

15. Midlife Crisis

Wise Guy

The trick will be to stay of the interwebs until the latest episode is watched

16. Mak3R

Wise Guy

Yep that is the key. And hope some loud mouth in work doesn't shout something in the canteen etc

17. jrodga2k5

Sgarrista

My Sky Q box has Game of Thrones automatically scheduled to record at 2am Monday Morning :) Exciting stuff!

18. checjb

Wise Guy

I've told my boss that I'm working from home every Monday until the series finishes. Not to skive and watch the show on work time but to avoid some muppet blurting out spoilers. A smug "OMG, I'm so sorry but I watched it over breakfast, didn't you?" just doesn't cut it. She laughed and agreed.

19. Noakesy85

Gangster

I'll be setting my alarm to get up a bit earlier than usual so ill have time to watch it before getting ready for work :D

20. Bassmansam

Wise Guy

Rewatching season 7, really looking forward to Sunday night now.

Has anyone else got the 20th May off work for the finale? No way i could sit through a days work not knowing the ending.