1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Hostile_18, Aug 3, 2009.

?

Who will rule Westeros?

Poll closed May 18, 2019.
  1. Daenerys Targaryen

6.8%
  2. Jon Snow / Aegon Targaryen

30.8%
  3. Sansa Stark

13.8%
  4. Arya Stark

8.1%
  5. Bran Stark

2.1%
  6. Sam Tarley

3.0%
  7. Tyrion Lannister

9.8%
  8. Jamie Lannister

0.8%
  9. Cersei Lannister

2.1%
  10. Gendry

10.8%
  11. Brienne of Tarth

1.3%
  12. The Night King

4.9%
  13. Other (please specify)

5.7%
  1. No1newts

Capodecina

Bit of a nothing episode really. Avoiding trailers and everything and just looking forward to next week :)

2. Converge

Mobster

Hardly, the bitrate for Game of Thrones broadcasts has always been atrocious. So dark scenes look pretty bad on a lot of OLED TVs as it just highlights the crap feed. Can’t wait for this as a 4k UHD Blu-ray boxset though :)

3. nicktay2605

Mobster

Yeah I noticed this in the most recent episode in the scene where they were all crowded round the fire talking. There was some pretty bad artifacting in the dark parts of the picture above the fireplace. I wish they'd air Game of Thrones in 4k.

4. terley

Wise Guy

Disagree entirely, from a story perspective so much happened it is insane :D

5. Bigpig

Mobster

I'm a little bit puzzled to how they would think the knight king would fall into their trap? That part just seems stupid

6. rubberduck

Mobster

Think it would be a bit cheesy having dead, recognisable characters rock up as wights.
    4k can still look terrible, much worse than good quality 1080p.

7. No1newts

Capodecina

But all pretty minor shuffling, there wasn't even a big event story wise just lots of little ones (if there was a big one it didn't stick anyway :p)

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it well enough but felt like a staging episode for the next one as opposed to something unique.

8. wolfie138

Wise Guy

"the night king". there's a clue there.

9. Converge

Mobster

Yeah the whole fight episode will be a bit of a mess I imagine, dark scene wise. Unsure why they can’t air a better feed when they do for other shows. It was filmed in 4k too, so why no option to have that as a separate download if not airable.

10. Superpatsy

Hitman

I'd hazard a guess that in the near future when it all starts to die down a bit, they'll release them in 4K to keep people interested and try and grab a some newbies to the GoT world.

11. Noakesy85

Gangster

After years of trying I've finally managed to convince my wife to start watching GoT... currently on S1Ep3 :D

Got a bit of a way to go until shes caught up.

12. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Probably just before the spin offs air.

13. checjb

Wise Guy

Never mind those, there should be hordes of dead for the NK to resurrect. All those who died when Theon took Winterfell, those that Ramsay flayed (they'd be freaking looking wights), everyone from the BotB, etc. The image of a few mass graves opening to unleash hordes of wights could be unsettling for the defenders.

Unless I've forgotten when they burned all the corpses.

14. robfosters

Caporegime

Wun Wun would be an awesome wight.

15. EVH

Don

Cersei has royally shafted herself with the Iron Bank....

Season 1 and Tywin was going on about how the crown is 10,000,000 gold in debt. He’s also building them up to be pretty formidable.

In the same season Tyrion tells Bronn that if they didn’t pay, then the bank would end up funding their enemies in one way or another. Enemies we now know to be Dany and/or Jon.

The Iron Bank also know that Dany is hardly going to want to repay 10,000,000 gold if she gets the throne so it’s a catch 22... they’re lending money to the Lannister’s knowing it’s never coming back but they’re keeping them in power.

UNTIL.... Cersei goes and repays the debt in full. Now the Iron Bank has no allegiance to the Lannister’s, Dany can assume the throne without the bank nagging her for a payment they’ll never get.

Cersei would have been better off asking them to fund her until she’s in control of the Seven kingdoms and then repaid. As it stands, I see the bank leaving her high and dry in the near future.

Great video and full explanation here;

16. wolfie138

Wise Guy

it's like the toxic mortgage problem all over again.

17. opethdisciple

Capodecina

This is what I think will happen in some form:

The battle will start. The dead will be initially be winning and in will come Cersei with her army to save the day.

Of course expect twists. :p

Some what similar to how Gandalf turns up to save the day in LOTR.

18. Salty22

Hitman

At least with me watching Avengers last night I haven’t been sat around thinking about who’s going to die in GOT Sunday night

19. terley

Wise Guy

I'd say Dany learning that Jon is actually her nephew was brilliant, especially the way they saved jon from having to continue that conversation at the end, allowing dany enough time to think about her next steps. and Brienne finally achieveing her life-long goal was amazing.

20. Azza

Caporegime

I liked how the crypt being the safest place for people to be was mentioned in nearly every scene.