1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Hostile_18, Aug 3, 2009.

?

Who will rule Westeros?

Poll closed May 18, 2019.
  1. Daenerys Targaryen

6.8%
  2. Jon Snow / Aegon Targaryen

30.8%
  3. Sansa Stark

13.8%
  4. Arya Stark

8.1%
  5. Bran Stark

2.1%
  6. Sam Tarley

3.0%
  7. Tyrion Lannister

9.8%
  8. Jamie Lannister

0.8%
  9. Cersei Lannister

2.1%
  10. Gendry

10.8%
  11. Brienne of Tarth

1.3%
  12. The Night King

4.9%
  13. Other (please specify)

5.7%
  1. Ryan-3

Sgarrista

I see Dany being the last death of the series, and Cersei's death by Arya with the line "Leave one wolf alive and the sheep are never safe."

2. Kainz

Capodecina

The writing continues to get its stupid moments. Everytime there is a sea/canoe/boat scene they just have to introduce that clown don't they. As soon as they showed the scene it was obvious what was going to happen.

Also...someone pet the doggo ffs!!

3. doodah

Capodecina

As soon as you saw Dany and her dragons flying over the sea - you knew Rhaegal was about to be ended :(.

4. MichaelAwkward

Mobster

It's almost like they didn't have a high vantage point from which they'd be able to see everything for miles around... oh wait.

5. StriderX

Capodecina

I just think Benioff and Weiss are **** writers, they were only transliterating the source, which is easy.

It went from concise character development and logical plot arcs to rule of cool literally as soon as the source material dried up. Literally scenes are there just for fan service, which is not how you run a story. I believe the Mormont giant kill was one of those nonsensical moments.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  6. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

This is the problem. Somehow she can’t see the ships, yet the ship can get a perfect shot. Very shoddy writing purely for shock effect.

7. kindai

Soldato

Actually made me rage, the quality of writing jumped off a cliff last episode and is now in freefall.

8. StriderX

Capodecina

I can only trust that the ending is one that Martin himself wanted, but maybe he lied to the team so it would make the show look like ****.

9. Bassmansam

Wise Guy

Maybe the dragons wing/ part of his head created a blind spot.

10. Mrs Seabiscuit

This cake is not a lie.

I did think for a fleeting second when the boat with Tyrion on got hit he was a goner! :D

11. ianh

Mobster

Wow, a strong "after the battle" start which quickly deteriorated into more "WTF" garbage - invisible ships shooting dragons, Dani with only 100 troops standing within killing distance of Cersi who does nothing etc etc. D&D are rapidly throwing away the ending to best TV series recently with these utterly stupid plot moments.

He only told them "who" wins but has already said that "how" it happens will be different from book to TV.

12. LeMson

Wise Guy

Dear god what have they done to this show. I thought all the Dothraki died in that charge last episode, the starbucks cup is just LOLZ

13. D3K

Mobster

A really great series utterly wrecked.

14. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Quite enjoyed it myself.

There's been worse episodes.

15. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

I have a bad feeling this is going to be another Dexter/Lost in terms of how it all ends...

16. neoboy

Capodecina

I genuinely thought I saw Sam's little Wildling gal get chewed up in the crypt during last episode.

17. nemtizz

Capodecina

[​IMG]

Wew.

18. Maccy

Commissario

Uh oh, it's def going to kick off now after that episode!

19. Andrew_McP

Mobster

It wasn't a spoiler (in that it wouldn't make any sense at all until something D&D type deus ex happened) but I've deleted it anyway. I can't delete your quote of it though.

Right, now back to business as usual.... As Dany was flying towards Dragonstone, I was genuinely thinking "who was defending this rock, half a limp spit away from King's Landing, while everyone was off sorting out Captain Frostbite?" So at least the writers satisfied me there. However I am now even more convinced that Cersei deserves to win. The rest of them wouldn't, apparently, know a clue if Lionel Blair served it up on a gold platter with a copy of 'Tactics and Intelligence for Dummies' on it.

And I now blame Missandei for not putting the writers out of their missery. She should have grabbed Cersei and gone off the wall. Now *that* would have been a GoT ending. The final battle is between Jon, backed by stragglers, and Dany, backed by a dragon, Euron & a Dothraki semi-horde cloned in Photoshop. Arya saves the world again by killing... well, both Jon and Dany probably, what with them both being filthy Southern Blue bloods. That leaves Gendry on the throne and everyone living happily ever after until someone remembers we're back where we started, because he'll turn into a miserable drunk 'cos he loves a woman he can't have.

I did like the way things started to fall apart straight away though. It's a bit rushed, but that's politics. And at least Tormund's got someone to keep him warm at nights now; Ghost was wasted on Jon. Seems to have shrunk a bit too, but that's the cold for you. And I really like Arya and The Hound back in the saddle again. Their spin off series won't happen, but it's about the only thing I can imagine making a good follow-up.

Popcorn mode engaged. Roll on next week... and fingers crossed Varys has a cunning plan to save Westeros.

20. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

So the wildlings have buggered off. You know, just to keep the final fight fair.

Why do they keep talking about burning down kings landing? Not with that many ballistas they won’t.

Why didn’t Cersei just end the war then and there? It isn’t like she is honourable.

This season is destined to ruin the show.