Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
The GoT Revealed "After the Episode" interviews give loads more info about the unsung work of the whole production crew which is just stunning (regardless of the writing letting the team down) and if it doesn't win some awards for best production they'll have been robbed!

However, back to the writing, the most telling for me is the line from David Benioff at 26min 22sec where he says -

"When you plan the season you have to avoid giving the audience exactly what they want because things then start to become predictable" - :eek: wow, doesn't that single line explain everything wrong with this season. Also, why is being "unpredictable" somehow better than having an audience actually enjoy the last season, how clueless does he sound! (I bet Lucasfilm already love him :D)

Soldato
This episode showed to me that no matter how hard Dany tried ultimately she couldn't overcome her fathers mad blood running through her vains!

She didn't go "mad" though, she just got "angry" - her father was "mad" because he had an actual mental problem where he believed that he would turn into a Dragon if he burned enough people. Dani doesn't have that, not even close.

Instead she only has anger as an excuse. She got angry when the bells of surrender rang* and, rather than take that anger out on the person who hurt her, instead Dani - who released the slaves, who is a hero to the poor people of Esos, who was called 'Mother' by people she freed from tyranny, who stopped the Dothraki from raping and pillaging after their victories, who stopped the Iron islanders from raping and pillaging - allowed her troops to rape and pillage those few remaining men, women and children of KL that she hadn't burned alive first.

So more "Angry Queen" than "Mad Queen".

* - imagine if she still had 2 dragons left and one is hit by a scorpion after the bells start to ring, killing it, therefore giving her a reason to get angry.

Soldato
Think the whole episode was basically a metaphor on how you can't escape your fate. Danny goes mad after all, Jaime goes back to Cersei, Cersei clearly isn't meant to leave any children behind, Greyworm becomes the thing he hated, Qyburn killed by his own creation and Jon just gets pushed closer to that throne :p

Hope Bronn gets at least a mention next episode, only side character that's left to care about at this point as others been killed off or left behind in the North.

Very little to go on from next week's preview, all we can see is that neither Jon, Davos or Tyrion are by Danny's side as she overlooks her (ever growing in numbers!) Dothraki and Unsullied forces from the Red Keep. Little Arya lurking around too as it's obvious Daenerys is on her kill list now after what she experienced at KL.

Soldato
Well without reading her mind no one can know for sure what was going on in her head.
That said we know mental sickness can be hereditary and Dany has been showing signs of schizophrenia where one minute she is kind and compassionate and then the next she is brutal and harsh!

Think the whole episode was basically a metaphor on how you can't escape your fate.

+1

Soldato
Wondering what they are playing at with Bran's character, either he is a rather useless Three Eyed Raven and couldn't see the future where Dragon Queen goes full bananas or they are saving something for next episode. Maybe that's why it cuts away in that scene where Jon reveals he's a Targaeryan.

Caporegime
The GoT Revealed "After the Episode" interviews give loads more info about the unsung work of the whole production crew which is just stunning (regardless of the writing letting the team down) and if it doesn't win some awards for best production they'll have been robbed!

However, back to the writing, the most telling for me is the line from David Benioff at 26min 22sec where he says -

"When you plan the season you have to avoid giving the audience exactly what they want because things then start to become predictable" - :eek: wow, doesn't that single line explain everything wrong with this season. Also, why is being "unpredictable" somehow better than having an audience actually enjoy the last season, how clueless does he sound! (I bet Lucasfilm already love him :D)

This is how writing has gone, and why the Last Jedi was so god awful, oh, the writing all leads us to this conclusion, better change it and make literally every previous thing stupid and make no sense because subverting expectations is great writing. It's not. Good writing is good writing, ruining every moment everyone hopes to see is just making you a ****.

I absolutely love the KOTOR games, love them, these idiots making a KOTOR film for Disney and they are absolutely, 100% going to utterly ruin it.

Associate
Wondering what they are playing at with Bran's character, either he is a rather useless Three Eyed Raven and couldn't see the future where Dragon Queen goes full bananas or they are saving something for next episode. Maybe that's why it cuts away in that scene where Jon reveals he's a Targaeryan.

Bran can’t see the future. Jojen could sort of with his green dreams.

Just watched that behind the scenes video. Whatever you think of how the story has gone it was rather special in terms of a tv production.

Associate
Sansa, though that threat has been obvious for a while now.
Did we watch the same episode? You meant to say Daenerys right? Both Sansa and Varys were spot on to doubt her.

Such a shame that Jorah Mormont gave his life to save hers just so she could go and kill thousands of innocent people including loads of children!

Please let she be killed in the next episode. By the looks of it, it might be Arya's next stop..

Associate
Meh. She can’t do any more harm. KL is no more. Of course, if she gets annoyed she could burn any other place I guess. That dragon is a ‘small’ problem though.
I'm sure I speak for many others as well when I say that her "kicking the bucket" would be fan service at this point..

Back
Top Bottom