Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
I really think Lord Stark has lost his head.

The lack of tactical awareness from the man is just staggering. He tells The Queen that he knows the secret then gives her enough time to kill the King, round up all the Stark swords and seize the throne.

He's becoming a bit of a pathetic figure, to be honest. Not sure how much sympathy one can have for someone so inept.

Those of us that have read the book know whats coming.

Those that haven't read the book can guess whats coming.

Unfortunately, as loveable a character as Sean Bean plays, he isn't that smart. He has good intentions, and wants to find a peaceful solution to things and avoid violence. But this isn't daytime kids TV.

The lannisters are ruthless killers, hell bent on getting whatever they want, at whatever cost.

If Eddard had played it wisely, he would have fled Kings Landing with proof that Joffrey was not his child, taken the kings will and returned to Winterfell leaving the lannisters thinking he knew nothing and was returning home having done his duty to Robert. Once home he could have raised his bannermen, joined forces with Baratheons and their supporters and all marched together towards kings landing to take the throne.

But then the book wouldn't be as interesting if Ned was clever ;)

Caporegime
On another note i've only just realised that Grand Maester Pycelle is played by Julian Glover aka Walter Donovan from Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade aka Kristatos from James Bond For Your Eyes Only aka General Veers from the Empire Strikes Back.

Epic actor and i totally didn't recognize him !

Soldato
OP
Can we please stop hinting about future events please, we' ve done well so far :). Loving the show can't wait for the blu ray going to invite all my non fan non cool friends and watch it again all in one day.

Caporegime
I'm tempted to buy the five book boxset. Has anyone here read them all?

I've got them from the apple ibook store. £20 for the lot. Same price as in print so at least its not more expensive.

I'm just catching up with the TV series reading the 1st book now. Undecided whether to read the 2nd book ahead of the next series as i feel i ruined my enjoyment of the 1st flicking ahead in the book to find out what happened.

Soldato
Good series.

Loveeeee Arya, easily my fave. I hope they have some dragons in this at some point. Then Arya can tame one and become a dragon Queen.

Not going to bother reading any more of this thread, it's already been ruined loads by people who want to boast about having read the books. Sigh.

Soldato
Perhaps we should have separate thread for people who want to discuss the show having read the books? It's a perfectly reasonable thing to want to do.

Or maybe the people who've read the books just keep quiet until it's appeared in the show. I've only recently read the first two books and have had no problem keeping quiet about potential future events.

Caporegime
Or maybe the people who've read the books just keep quiet until it's appeared in the show. I've only recently read the first two books and have had no problem keeping quiet about potential future events.

But why don't we have a right to discuss it? It seems perfectly reasonable that people watching an adaptation of something to another medium would want to discuss the source material :confused:

Soldato
But why don't we have a right to discuss it? It seems perfectly reasonable that people watching an adaptation of something to another medium would want to discuss the source material :confused:

My bad, i'd mis-read what you'd said.

I'd quite happily have another thread for people who've read the books, however you'd need a seperate thread for Game Of Thrones, Clash Of Kings, Storm Of Swords and so on so that people were ahead in the books didn't spoil it for people a big further behind in the books, could see it becoming quite messy.

Man of Honour
My bad, i'd mis-read what you'd said.

I'd quite happily have another thread for people who've read the books, however you'd need a seperate thread for Game Of Thrones, Clash Of Kings, Storm Of Swords and so on so that people were ahead in the books didn't spoil it for people a big further behind in the books, could see it becoming quite messy.

Might as well just have a Game of Thrones Sub-Forum! :D

Soldato
OP
Yeah but then were limiting the amount of opinions on the new episodes by dividing the group. I don't see why future spoilers are needed to discuss this show as it airs other than to spoil it for new viewers/readers.

Back
Top Bottom