Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
I've been thinking about this, it's taken Mr Martin 6 years to write the 5th book. If they create a series every year, well we're in for a long long wait for the series to finish.

Been trying to remember what happens in book 2, 3 and 4 before reading the 5th and im getting totally mixed up.

Soldato
What I do expect to happen, with regards to the books being released, and the schedule of the show, is that, should HBO keep the show running as they should do. That in a couple of years time, the show will overtake the books, and the last two books, will be planned out by GRRM, but handed to the screenwriters to develop. With GRRM returning to them after the fact, to polish and tidy them up for publication, on a schedule that suits him.

Soldato
Hmmm, I wonder how much my mint First Edition Hardback signed copies of A Game of Thrones and A Clash of Kings will be worth in a few years time? :)

Caporegime
What I do expect to happen, with regards to the books being released, and the schedule of the show, is that, should HBO keep the show running as they should do. That in a couple of years time, the show will overtake the books, and the last two books, will be planned out by GRRM, but handed to the screenwriters to develop. With GRRM returning to them after the fact, to polish and tidy them up for publication, on a schedule that suits him.

That would be a ******* crime if that were to happen.

Caporegime

Highly doubtful in my opinion... books are not written for a show, books are written for people who have read the other previous books. The screenwriters then take said books and make them into TV in whichever way they see fit to deliver the content as efficiently as possible. I can't see what you wrote happening at all, personally.

Last edited:
Soldato
Highly doubtful in my opinion... books are not written for a show, books are written for people who have read the other previous books. The screenwriters then take said books and make them into TV in whichever way they see fit to deliver the content as efficiently as possible. I can't see what you wrote happening at all, personally.

Well what do you expect them to do, work through to book five and then say "sorry folks, you'll have to wait a decade for the final 2 seasons" ?

Soldato
The first three were fairly quick, only two years between each but then things slowed down for "A Feast for Crows" and even slower for "A Dance with Dragons". Hopefully the last two won't take as long.

Apparently he already has the first 100-150 pages of The Winds of Winter down. Only a thousand or so more and we are good to go:o

Soldato
OP
Don't worry guys its all been pre-planned. The last two books should be a lot quicker to write as the complexity of where the story is and where the characters are has died down from AFFC and ADWD (where it became immensly complex and difficult to write).

Back
Top Bottom