Wladimir Klitschko V David Haye....it's on!!

How on earth is he a nobody? Such an odd thing to call a heavyweight champ.

Pretty much what I said earlier, There isn't any great Heavyweights around at the moment and If there was you think Haye could mix it with them? I very much doubt it. Haye is a pumped up Cruiserweight even Frank Bruno (In his day) would smash the granny out of Him.

Haye is a classic heavyweight, we have had the division spoiled by over sized giants this last few years tbh.
I think you'd be surprised with who he would mix with given the chance.

You have to remember that you can only beat those who are put in front of you. Nobody could challenge him so he moved up to heavy weight and nobody can deny he has breathed some excitement to the division

Haye is a classic heavyweight, we have had the division spoiled by over sized giants this last few years tbh.
I think you'd be surprised with who he would mix with given the chance.

You have to remember that you can only beat those who are put in front of you. Nobody could challenge him so he moved up to heavy weight and nobody can deny he has breathed some excitement to the division

I fully agree !! Haye is a fun and exciting fighter to watch plus he's very funny outside of the ring. While I will admit he was somewhat boring against Valuev, you have to remember he was donning a broken hand AND Valuev was a 7.5ft freak with the head like a medicine ball.

I'll be disapointed if he retires in Oct 2011. He is at his prime, and we'll all be robbed of some good entertaining fight nights with his gun-ho all out style. What's up with you lot, for once we have an exciting world champ who cleaned up in Cruiser weight and is making statements in Heavy and and the majority of people can only throw snide comments such as bah Bruno would have had him... As much as I nearly cried with happiness when Bruno lifted the WBC belt from McCall in Wembley stadium in 95, he would never ever stand a chance against the likes of Haye.. Come on you lot !!! Get behind a British fighter !! you miserable gits.

Well at least they seem to be serious about fighting this time.

I can't say that I give Haye much of a chance though. He has just looked like has too many weaknesses since stepping up to heavyweight. Haye has good power and better speed than most heavies, but he's hittable and his stamina is awful. Because of the Klitschko's height, when an opponent gets close to them they will clinch and rest their 250lbs body weight on their opponent's shoulders. This takes a lot out of guys, and I think it will be particularly effective against Haye.

Haye had a lot of difficulty against the awkward size of Valuev, and that fight was a lot closer than it should have been. In Wlad, you've got a guy with Valuev's size, but with much better footwork, and faster more punishing punches. Haye is a natural and gifted counter puncher and he hits hard, but I don't see how he utilises that against Wlad's range. He can't jump in like he did against Valuev because with Wlad he'll be jumping right onto a heavy one-two.

I suppose I'd like to see Haye win, but if he really is planning on retiring right after becoming champ, then what's the point? There's lots of exciting fights out there for Haye. Put any of the top heavyweights who are of normal size in the ring with Haye, and I reckon you are in for a very good fight compared to what the heavyweight division typically serves up. But apparently none of that is going to happen, so I'm far more ambivalent about Haye winning than I should be.

He is indeed 6 inches shorter, but all the difficulties Haye had in getting to Valuev, he will have with Wlad. Wlad is also much better at using his height than valuev is, he leans back and he knows how to keep people at range. Plus he can actually box.

He is indeed 6 inches shorter, but all the difficulties Haye had in getting to Valuev, he will have with Wlad. Wlad is also much better at using his height than valuev is, he leans back and he knows how to keep people at range. Plus he can actually box.

You are forgetting, he had a broken hand !!!!!!... He had no problems getting to Fraudley, who's the same size as the Klitschco's.

That last bit was a joke by the way....

I pretty sure he can worry Wlad with his power, Vitali would most likely batter him though.

Having said that I think Wlad will destroy him easily anyway. I would usually get behind a British fighter but I don't like him at all.

I pretty sure he can worry Wlad with his power, Vitali would most likely batter him though.

Having said that I think Wlad will destroy him easily anyway. I would usually get behind a British fighter but I don't like him at all.

Wlad is considered the number 1 heavy weight, not Vitali by Ring Magazine. If anyone reading this is really after an expert opinion, The Ring magazine is it. Not Sutters. As for my opinion.....TBH I've not watched many of their fights cos they have been cherry picking fat & slow opponents to rack up some numbers since becoming champions. The one thing no-one has mentioned going for Wlad is that he has Emanuel Steward in his corner. Hall of fame trainer who knows and understands boxing better than anyone else. Only equalled by Freddie Roach, who incedently is betting on Haye as winning.

Wlad is considered the number 1 heavy weight, not Vitali by Ring Magazine. If anyone reading this is really after an expert opinion, The Ring magazine is it. Not Sutters.

The Ring Rankings have no bearing whatsoever with what Sutters stated which was that he believed Vitali would be a harder fight for Haye. I agree completely with what he said, that doesn't mean I believe Vitali is better than Wlad.

Styles make the fights, Wlad has a chin made of glass, Vitali has a granite chin and both have similar levels of power. Vitali also seems to have a much higher stamina level than Wlad and does not panic when hit. Therefore it's not hard to see why a huge number of people believe that Vitali would be a harder fight for Haye than Wlad.

Also the ring rankings make zero judgements about the comparative skill between vitali and wlad. The ring champion is the lineal champion, which means he's the man who beat the previous champ. Or in this case, he's the man who beat the number 2 rated contender while Vitali was in injury-related retirement. If both Wlad and Vitali had the same records as they have now, but Vitali had never retired, then Vitali would be the ring champion. So it's not the ring's expert opinion that Wlad is better, it's that Wlad is rated champion by the non-flexible rules that allow the ring to track the lineal championship. Even if Vitali was clearly the better fighter, KOing guys left right and centre that Wlad struggled to split decisions against, Wlad would still be the current Ring champ.

Anyway, on the question of who is better, it's not straight forward as styles make fights. I think that in a match between the two, Wlad wins by UD. But put them in the ring against any other fighter in the division I would give better odds to Vitali winning, because frankly no one is good enough to outpoint either brother, but Wlad is more vulnerable to KO. So I'm in full agreement with Sutters and Smit that Vitali would be the harder fight for haye.

Last edited:
Cannot wait, there should be 5 of us going over - will be a good weekend whatever happens!

This

Strange, we were talking about going abroad for a fight, as some of us havent before...and then that night this was announced!

However...anyone how we go about this? Whats the best way to get/find out about tickets? How expensive do they come?

Obviously flights and stuff we can sort...just never bought tickets for abroad before. Whats the best way to find out when they are released?

Back
Top Bottom