Wladimir Klitschko V David Haye....it's on!!

Good, that's the last issue on the fight taking place wrapped up then.

Good on Haye for fighting Klitschko in Germany. I guess he wasn't planning on winning by decision anyway :P

Good, that's the last issue on the fight taking place wrapped up then.

Good on Haye for fighting Klitschko in Germany. I guess he wasn't planning on winning by decision anyway :P
There isn't a boxer in history good enough to beat Wladimir by a decision.

Wlad is considered the number 1 heavy weight, not Vitali by Ring Magazine. If anyone reading this is really after an expert opinion, The Ring magazine is it. Not Sutters. As for my opinion.....TBH I've not watched many of their fights cos they have been cherry picking fat & slow opponents to rack up some numbers since becoming champions. The one thing no-one has mentioned going for Wlad is that he has Emanuel Steward in his corner. Hall of fame trainer who knows and understands boxing better than anyone else. Only equalled by Freddie Roach, who incedently is betting on Haye as winning.

Coincidently both Roach and Steward rate Wladimir is the hardest puncher ever. Cherry picking opponents is a total myth.

Haye brings some much needed excitement to the heavyweight division, but as much as I would love for him to win, sadly he won't. Wlad is really athletic for a big guy, and whilst Haye can hurt him if he lands clean, I expect a typical Klitschko snoozefest with possibly a late KO.

2 people want to fight, then the promoters and agents get involved and ruin the chance for many decent fights to happen.
Location, promotion rights, purse, percentage take home, rematchs and other things need to be agreed on.
I think the brothers offer was always around 50/50, but the deal included a rematch and if haye won again then a fight against the other brother would be in the contract.

i dont see why he wouldnt take that tbh, if he is the best then it doesnt really matter if the guy or his brother or his mum wants a rematch, it just means his next 3 fights are already set up and he doesnt need to mess about he can focus on training.

and all fights should be 50/50 split if they are both world champions otherwise its pretty obvious that 1 guy is a lot better than the other.

LEGENDARY Trainer, Angelo Dundee has been visiting David Haye down in the 5th St Gym in Miami, and as an observer, he's gone out to say, that he looks forward to seeing Haye knock out Klitschko.

This fella knows his boxing alright ! He trained Ali !!!! This has got to be a serious confidence boost for Haye.

Not all belts are equal though. Wlad is the real HW champ right now whereas Vitali and Haye are alphabet soup champs.

Vitali holds the WBC title belt and that has long been regarded by many as the most prestigious one.

Previous holders include Cassius Clay, Mike Tyson, Larry Holmes and Lennox Lewis.

The WBA belt has been worn by Ali, George Foreman, Tyson and Evander.

Vitali's and Haye's belts are the two most prestigious ones.

i dont see why he wouldnt take that tbh, if he is the best then it doesnt really matter if the guy or his brother or his mum wants a rematch, it just means his next 3 fights are already set up and he doesnt need to mess about he can focus on training.

He wants to retire on his birthday this year, he would never get all the supposed contracted fights in.

Vitali holds the WBC title belt and that has long been regarded by many as the most prestigious one.

Previous holders include Cassius Clay, Mike Tyson, Larry Holmes and Lennox Lewis.

The WBA belt has been worn by Ali, George Foreman, Tyson and Evander.

Vitali's and Haye's belts are the two most prestigious ones.

You know the IBF has also been worn by Tyson Lewis Holmes and Holyfield, and probably would have been worn by Ali and Foreman if it had existed during their time. The WBC has lost a lot of its shine in recent years due to the wranglings of Sulaiman anyway. All four of the WBO WBA IBF and WBC are legit belts now, you can't just point at one and say it's the best because Ali had it.

What you can do is look at how each belt was won.

Wlad won his by beating the number 2 guy at the time, and now holds the IBF and WBO belts by beating all comers and cleaning out the division while Vitali was retired. He is also the lineal champion.

Vitali won his by walking right out of retirement into a championship fight with Sam Peter. He beat Peter easily, which was a good win, but Peter wasn't exactly the best heavy around at the time, even if he did hold the WBC belt.

Haye won his belt fighting the third best guy at the time, Valuev, and that's being very very generous to Valuev. Since then he's defended against Ruiz (perfectly good opponent although a bit old) and Harrison (lol).

So that's why Wlad is the man in the heavyweight division right now, and Haye/Vitali are alphabet champs.

Catching it now. Haye is from Old Kent Road/Bermonsey not far from me and although hes a local boy, I can't stand him and I hope Klitschko smashes the granny out of him. :)

Back
Top Bottom