Wladimir Klitschko V David Haye....it's on!!

49 bums? lmao Haye your biggest fights to date were Valuev and Ruiz.
Come july 2nd we'll see what Haye is made of. I'll give him a lot of respect if he pulls it off but I hope he doesnt.

My money is on Klitschko.

The Klitschkos are classy guys out of the ring, but nothing special in it - they are just atop a division filled with horrible fighters. I put their ability on a par with Frank Bruno.

BTW, is there anywhere I can view the press conferences online?

To be fair to him, being a massive loudmouth is what got him noticed in the first place. I don't blame him for carrying on this tactic since it has gotten him this far already.

The man is selling a fight, selling PPV purchases. The brothers simply don't sell fights like Haye does.

This. He's creating tension between the 2, which in turn is increasing publicity and getting more and more interest in the fight. He's only doing what a lot of top boxers have done over the years.

I used to really like David haye when he was an amateur.

Now i just find him brash and disrespectful, i really hope he wins this fight but i really cant see it happening, he doesnt seem to bring anything to the ring that Klitchko cant deal with.

I used to really like David haye when he was an amateur.

Now i just find him brash and disrespectful, i really hope he wins this fight but i really cant see it happening, he doesnt seem to bring anything to the ring that Klitchko cant deal with.

Speed and power. I think this will be very new to him in the ring.

I think the fight selling ploy works though. It made me buy the Harrison fight :(

Exactly, that fight must have made loads when everyone knew it would be crap.

Wlad seems to be going for the gentleman approach all over the media here. Where as Haye does the trash talking.

Good combination to generate ticket sales and PPV. But got to admit Haye's pre fight trash talk is kinda old now.

I doubt Haye can do it, but it should be intresting seeing him try.

From a promoting point of view boxing isn't much different to pro wrestling people still like to watch good guys v bad guys.

Haye is playing the cocky baddie role be no good if him and Wlad were slapping each other on the back saying how much they respect each other that wouldn't sell any fights!

He practically sold snow to the eskimos selling that Harrison fight to people, blimey anyone who knew anything about boxing knew that fight was a turkey from day 1 but they managed to suck people into thinking it was a real grudge match from the promoting.

Now you've got people wanting to see Haye get sparked for being such a loud mouth and people wanting to see Haye shake the heavyweight division up by taking a Klitschko down what both groups have in common is they'll probably be shelling out £15 for the fight which is all they care about!

I've only brought a boxing PPV once (Hatton V Mayweather) but will be buying this one and I reckon it's going to do huge business probably be the biggest UK boxing PPV imo.

Can't wait for this match, I just saw the press conference, although Haye is clearly arrogant it's definitely entertaining and adds way more interest to the fight. To be fair he does have a reason to be so arrogant, he is very talented.

Haha, loving the press conference. Thanks for the link Skunk.

I'm still leaning towards Haye for this fight, purely on handspeed.

I'm sure it's going to be a very close fight, but I'm definitely rooting for Wlad. Haye's personality really grinds on me, and the fact he can't even coherently put his sentences together when trying to sound like a big hard man is just cringe worthy to say the least!

Back
Top Bottom