Wladimir Klitschko V David Haye....it's on!!

Just because they are at the top it doesn't automatically make then great.

He just said they are 'currently' the greatest in the world. Which this fight, and his belts do a lot to reinforce. Sure Vlad might not stack up against the guys you listed, but they're not around now; it's only been Haye. And I guess it looks like he beat Haye!

He just said they are 'currently' the greatest in the world. Which this fight, and his belts do a lot to reinforce. Sure Vlad might not stack up against the guys you listed, but they're not around now; it's only been Haye. And I guess it looks like he beat Haye!

From listening to Lennox after the fight it sounded like he fancied a shot at Wlad lol.

How would you say their abilities compare to Ali, Tyson, Lewis, Roy Jones Jr, Frazier, Holyfield, De La Hoya, Calzaghe? How do you think they would fair against the heavyweights in that list?

Just because they are at the top it doesn't automatically make then great.
According to your appraisal of Haye after the fight (dramatically different to what it was before where you expected Haye to knock him out), Ali, Tyson, Roy Jones, Frazier, Holyfield are all blown up cruisers, not heavyweights - how can they be if Haye is bigger than all of them?

I wonder what your view on Paquiao vs Clottey is? Where you know, one fighter got absolutely embarassed by losing every single round in his attempt to just survive after realising all too quickly that there was literally nothing he could do to win?

Yes it was. Haye was completely humiliated and was just in there to survive. If he came and actually tried to hold some sort of territory and box Wladimir you might have saw a decent fight but he would have been knocked out and its why he didn't do it, the same reason why Clottey didn't do it against Pacquiao.

David Haye brought only one thing remotely different to any of Wlads previous opponents: Hype.

Despite what boxing morons claim about Wladimir, he has never been troubled by 'speed and power' which Haye has, and that was more than clear in how well he saw every punch coming that Haye threw. The only thing he has really been troubled by is when fighters come to fight him and they have ridiculous chins and are able and willing absorb obscene amounts of punches

He was not humiliated at all. He stepped out of the ring hardly looking like he had been hit himself.
It's almost as bad as the comments like 'this shows he is not a heavyweight'. What rubbish. He took the punches and clearly wasn't troubled by anything that Wlad threw.

Just in there to survive lol.

Despite what boxing morons claim about Wladimir...
I presume this insult is directed at me?

I've been a follower of boxing for many years, and I've seen many great fighters, and I certainly would never put the klitschko's in the same league as Ali, Tyson, Louis, Holyfield, Holmes, Lewis to name just a few. In the big scheme of things the Klitschko's are pretty average, but from what you've been saying they should be #1 and #2 (of all time), and their mum probably #3! I doubt anybody in the know about boxing would have either of them in their top 50, probably not even top 100, and there's a good reason for that. But hey, at least they're white, right?

Now I'm done responding to you.

Yes it was. Haye was completely humiliated and was just in there to survive. If he came and actually tried to hold some sort of territory and box Wladimir you might have saw a decent fight but he would have been knocked out and its why he didn't do it, the same reason why Clottey didn't do it against Pacquiao.

David Haye brought only one thing remotely different to any of Wlads previous opponents: Hype.

Despite what boxing morons claim about Wladimir, he has never been troubled by 'speed and power' which Haye has, and that was more than clear in how well he saw every punch coming that Haye threw. The only thing he has really been troubled by is when fighters come to fight him and they have ridiculous chins and are able and willing absorb obscene amounts of punches

I don't know much about boxing and don't claim to. However, saying that Haye was "completely humiliated" implies you don't either?

If it went to points it was always going to go Wlads way, everyone knew that. From my point of view neither boxer showed anything special during the fight. It was a 12 round borefest at best.

Last edited:
I presume this insult is directed at me?

I've been a follower of boxing for many years, and I've seen many great fighters, and I certainly would never put the klitschko's in the same league as Ali, Tyson, Louis, Holyfield, Holmes, Lewis to name just a few. In the big scheme of things the Klitschko's are pretty average, but from what you've been saying they should be #1 and #2 (of all time), and their mum probably #3! I doubt anybody in the know about boxing would have either of them in their top 50, probably not even top 100, and there's a good reason for that. But hey, at least they're white, right?

Now I'm done responding to you.
Why do you keep mentioning all these names when you now classify Haye as a blown up cruiserweight. If he is a blown up cruiser, then what are all of those considering he is bigger than them all?

I don't know much about boxing and don't claim to. However, saying that Haye was "completely humiliated" implies you don't either?

If it went to points it was always going to go Wlads way, everyone knew that. From my point of view neither boxer showed anything special during the fight. It was a 12 round borefest as best.
He was dominated and managed to do nothing different to any other opponent of Wladimir's and then celebrated making it to the end, keeps talking about how Wladimir 'couldn't knock me out'. After 3 years of what has happened before this fight and then for that to be the result is humiliation. It r

He used tactics that turned it into a borefest. It is practically impossible for the taller man to fight someone using tactics like Haye. Someone 6ft7 and taller than his opponent can't charge in like someone who is 5ft9 without leaving himself ridiculously open.

When someone comes to actually try to hold some territory and fight/box Klitschko is when you will get a good fight.

You say boring tactics by Haye, yet Wlad is known for rarely using his right hand.... jab jab jab jab..... jab jab....
They were both as bad as each other and remember that Wlad is only 3" taller than Haye, it's not like it was a HUGE difference here.

Tbh its pointless comparing people to the older boxers. How often have we ever had 2 fighters in their prime actually get in the ring together? It's very rare and that is for a reason!
True, but the point I'm making is that the Klitschko's will never be mentioned alongside those guys. They will be remembered as the guys who sat atop a pile of crap, not the great champions White Mouse thinks they are.

Yes I know, but watch any fight where someone comes forward to box or fight and he doesn't just do that.

And once again after the fight, the opponent coach, this time Adam Booth, has come out and said that he was suprised at how fast Wladimir was. It is a whole lot different in real life with Wladimir.

True, but the point I'm making is that the Klitschko's will never be mentioned alongside those guys. They will be remembered as the guys who sat atop a pile of crap, not the great champions White Mouse thinks they are.
I'm not claiming anything other than an unbiased view. You are the hypocrit who has suddenly changed your mind on what Haye was after you predicted he would knock Wladimir out but then instead he just got embarassed.

Yes I know, but watch any fight where someone comes forward to box or fight and he doesn't just do that.

And once again after the fight, the opponent coach, this time Adam Booth, has come out and said that he was suprised at how fast Wladimir was. It is a whole lot different in real life with Wladimir.

Completely, the speed of the jab is something that you clearly need to be on the end of, not just watch. Hence why I think that a rematch could bring a different game plan from Haye. He will have had first hand experience of the task at hand.

Back
Top Bottom