Wladimir Klitschko V David Haye....it's on!!

Well there is a reason why people like you refuse to give the Klitschkos any credit even after Wladimir absolutely dominating and humiliating the person who was supposed to expose the past 10 years as a pure fraud.

The only reason you refuse to give them credit is because you inherently hate them for some reason, just like the American media do - for some reason they don't like the fact that white guys from the old arch enemy the USSR are dominating their figurehead division.

If the Klits were black and from the "Bronx" and talked smack the entire time the whole perception of them would be entirely different and we all know we wouldnt hear the last of it
What an utter pile of crap.

What a joke of a fight. He's known forever that to beat Klitchko he's going to have to get inside the jab. To do that you either have to use movement like Tyson in his heyday or stand and trade jabs at least long enough to land something else. Given that he's got a bad tootsie and perhaps couldn't move as well as he'd like, he showed he didn't have the heart to stand and trade to try to win. Instead we're treated to the spectacle of him lunging in with playground windmills that were more likely to bring the house lights down than anything else and then falling to the ground whenever he got clinched. Disgrace. Doubly glad I didn't pay for that rubbish.

If he does retire I think he'll go down in history as the man with no chin who won belts with fights that no-one can remember.

Thank God for MMA where 90% of fighters at least show courage and heart even when they're on the end of a beating. UFC 132 was awesome entertainment.

What an utter pile of crap.
You said earlier in this thread that if Wladimir managed to beat Haye it would go some way to 'redeeming' him in your eyes.

So here we are after the fight and Wladimir has not just beaten Haye but humiliated him, and you've now changed your mind and are still refusing to give Wladimir credit for humiliating someone you thought (and were hoping) would knock him out. Why is this?

You said earlier in this thread that if Wladimir managed to beat Haye it would go some way to 'redeeming' him in your eyes.

So here we are after the fight and Wladimir has not just beaten Haye but humiliated him, and you've now changed your mind and are still refusing to give Wladimir credit for humiliating someone you thought (and were hoping) would knock him out. Why is this?
Points victory over someone who come up from cruiserweight is not a humiliation, it's more confirmation of Wlad's averageness. It was pitiful display from them both. If Haye had put in a decent performance it would have been Wlad's first real test in my opinion, but he didn't, and points victory does nothing to change my opinion of Wlad.

Last edited:
It was a terrible fight and they both did FA.

I disagree.

That was a sub par performance from Haye, but a bog standard one from Wlad. In my opinion, Haye is very capable of beating Wlad.

lol, someone get this guy a pair of glasses and a boxing coach to sit beside him and teach him what you need to do in order to win.

haye got owned, he offered nothing, in fact he never even tried to do anything, if he had done, he would have got KO'd, he kept falling to the floor every round, he was a joke and an embarrassment to boxing.

you do know the guy commentating on the fight was Jim Watt, a former world champion, a guy who knows what he is talking about, everything he says is spot on in every fight, be it mayweather, hatton, pacman, de la hoya, tyson, lewis, etc. He stated that he was shocked that Haye didn't come out swinging in the last round, he had to know he was well behind on the score cards, yet rather than trying to KO the other guy, he just took the loss. Some champion/fighter he is, he was after the money and that was it, the joke is on the people who payed to see the fight, Haye conned you, he should be called Fraudley.

lol, someone get this guy a pair of glasses and a boxing coach to sit beside him and teach him what you need to do in order to win.

haye got owned, he offered nothing, in fact he never even tried to do anything, if he had done, he would have got KO'd, he kept falling to the floor every round, he was a joke and an embarrassment to boxing.

you do know the guy commentating on the fight was Jim Watt, a former world champion, a guy who knows what he is talking about, everything he says is spot on in every fight, be it mayweather, hatton, pacman, de la hoya, tyson, lewis, etc. He stated that he was shocked that Haye didn't come out swinging in the last round, he had to know he was well behind on the score cards, yet rather than trying to KO the other guy, he just took the loss. Some champion/fighter he is, he was after the money and that was it, the joke is on the people who payed to see the fight, Haye conned you, he should be called Fraudley.
How does this differ from what I said in those 2 quotes?

Points victory over someone who come up from cruiserweight is not a humiliation, it's more confirmation of Wlad's averageness. It was pitiful display from them both. If Haye had put in a decent performance it would have been Wlad's first real test in my opinion, but he didn't, and points victory does nothing to change my opinion of Wlad.

he was crawling about the floor for half the fight, i would call that humiliation.

Klitschko won with a unanimous points victory.(117-109, 118-108, 116-110)

the closest score card had 6 clear point victory and 10 points on another, i would say that's a humiliating defeat.

the referee even got fed up with Haye and his antics.

he was crawling about the floor for half the fight, i would call that humiliation.
He was going to the ground instead of wasting energy fighting against an underhand tactic.
Klitschko won with a unanimous points victory.(117-109, 118-108, 116-110)

the closest score card had 6 clear point victory and 10 points on another, i would say that's a humiliating defeat.
No, a humiliating defeat would have been for him to get knocked out in the early rounds, or have the towel thrown in. What we saw was a common or garden defeat, nothing humiliating.
the referee even got fed up with Haye and his antics.
Yes, on a couple of occasions Haye did seem to be trying to milk it.

A cruiserweight who happens to be bigger than Ali and has weighed in at fights heavier than Foreman up until after the 'Rumble in the Jungle'?

A unanimous wide margin points victory where this primed, fast, powerful, first non-bum that he has ever faced was reduced to constant backing away and swinging for a lucky punch from round 3 onwards? Because, just like every other opponent, he soon realised that coming forward would just lead to him getting brutally knocked out, so therefore going into survival mode and then celebrating not getting knocked out becomes some sort of moral victory - as has been evident in Haye's immediate reaction and interviews after the fight.

So much for Haye's speed that Wladimir was able to see every 'Hayemaker' coming.

Or perhaps it is really just a massive coincidence that every single fighter that fights Wladimir just happens to have their worst ever performance?

You can see in the first seconds of the fight how well Wlad cuts the ring off. If Haye had decided to come forward and engage in some sort of boxing he would have been knocked out, and that is why he didn't do it. It is basically impossible for Wladimir as the taller man to go and be aggressive on a shorter opponent who is constantly backing away praying that he comes in aggressive, overbalances and gives him a free shot.

Even Haye's post fight interviews gave away how good Wladimir was - moaning about his toe that he couldn't land his one or two 'Hayemakers'. Like I said, Wladimir must be doing something right if this talented non-bum opponent has realistically reduced his tactics to finding a way of landing one big punch, and even then that only might have been good enough because Wladimir has no chin.

But what's the point. You have some childish irrational hate for the Klitschko's (probably because, like Emmanuel Steward says, you have been brainwashed to think they are rubbish) and all you are doing is waiting for someone to go into a fight and land a lucky punch so you can scream 'I told you so'. I predicted Wladimir would get no credit for beating Haye and he will get no credit for anything that he does while he is still white and 'Russian', and guess what, this is exactly what has happened.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one, as I think Haye has the potential to beat Wlad.
Yeah maybe if they fought 40 times Haye might win one of them.

He doesn't deserve a rematch, he just got humiliated. Rematches happen for close or controversial fights, not dominations like that.

And if Haye does ever get one, Wladimir is going to be 36 or 37 by the time that happens, and even at that age he will still be the youngest heavyweight he will have fought.

But what's the point. You have some childish irrational hate for the Klitschko's
I don't hate them at all, in fact, I have said several times in this thread that I think they are classy guys.
(probably because, like Emmanuel Steward says, you have been brainwashed to think they are rubbish)
I didn't realise Emmanuel Steward knew me.
and all you are doing is waiting for someone to go into a fight and land a lucky punch so you can scream 'I told you so'.
No, I'm waiting for some decent talent to actually test them. It turns out Haye wasn't that talent, or at least not on that occasion.
I predicted Wladimir would get no credit for beating Haye and he will get no credit for anything that he does while he is still white and 'Russian', and guess what, this is exactly what has happened.
The colour thing again!?

I didn't realise Emmanuel Steward knew me.
Fantastic point.

Haye by KO in the mid rounds.

All Haye has to deal with is plod plod jab cross plod plod jab cross.
So what is Vladimir beats David?
It will go some way to redeeming him.

No, I'm waiting for some decent talent to actually test them. It turns out Haye wasn't that talent, or at least not on that occasion.

The colour thing again!?

Good trolling, lol.

Good trolling, lol.
Is English not your first language? As for my "It will go some way to redeeming him" comment, I should have qualified that by saying it depends on how he beats him. A points victory where they both did sod all does nothing to change my opinion of Wlad's ability. If he had KO'd haye then fair cop, but he didn't.

Last edited:
How so?

I'm putting forward a very simple premise, and it's that the Klitschkos aren't the great fighters that the fanboys claim them to be, and Wlad's performance did nothing to change that.

they are currently the greatest in the world and have been for such a long time, if you dont think they are that good, why dont you take up boxing?

After watching the fight it's obvious Klitschko used his size/reach to hold off Haye rather than trying to win via knockout. Haye danced around looking for a way in but never acted.

Both fighters didn't do anything special throughout the match and the only way Haye would have ever won was by a KO. I'm disappointed Haye didn't 'dive in' in the last couple of rounds as he must have known the points were against him.

I don't think either fighter displayed superior boxing form.

they are currently the greatest in the world and have been for such a long time, if you dont think they are that good, why dont you take up boxing?
How would you say their abilities compare to Ali, Tyson, Lewis, Roy Jones Jr, Frazier, Holyfield, De La Hoya, Calzaghe? How do you think they would fair against the heavyweights in that list?

Just because they are at the top it doesn't automatically make then great.

Back
Top Bottom