Wladimir Klitschko V David Haye....it's on!!

Soldato
What's the deal with Haye's retirement then? Will he retire win lose or draw or is there actually going to be a fight with Vitali as well?

In all honesty, i think he would have been better off keeping schtum about retiring. Reason being is judges are influenced by the powers in boxing. The Klits are boring, no denying that. The heavyweight division is in dire need of a personality and David Haye has it. If it goes to points, this will swing in the favor of Klitchsko. He already has the hometown advantage. However, with HBO now interested in Haye, the thought of having an exciting heavyweight boxer to air on TV, would have really worked in his favor.. But that won't help if he's only going to be around for another 4months.. Mind you, saying all of that, i can't imagine him keeping his word, win or lose saturday, if Vitali offers him a fight early next yr, he'll take it!

Caporegime
15 quid??? you lucky gits... I normally pay $60 for a boxing PPV. Luckily this time round I'm not paying cos it's free on HBO. Since an American isn't fighting. Normally though, i can't bear to not watch a big fight like this, so its either cough up on the night or hope you get a crappy stream from somewhere. Which is rare ! 15quid seems like a damn good deal to me !

not necessarily true mate.

usually if the fight happens in your own country you have to pay for it. UFC events held in america are free to watch over here on ESPN, but americans need to pay per view.

but if the UFC event happens in the UK then we have to pay to watch it and its free to america.

david haye will have made a deal with sky to have it on box office since he is british, thats why we are paying, its free in germany to watch it (where the fight is happening) due to a contract Klitschko made with a german company ages ago.

usually though as a rule of thumb, if the fight is abroad, you dont need to pay for it, unless its a "super" fight with a legend in it. e.g. mayweather, de la hoya in his prime, tyson in his prime, etc.

it is a complicated system though, i dont agree with having to pay £15 for essentially 1 fight (nobody cares about the undercard). if your already paying £50+ a month for sky sports, sky sports HD, sky sports 3D, espn, espn HD, etc its a joke, it should all be included.

what if you had to pay to watch formula one? or other sports like tennis? golf? paying to see 1 event is a complete rip off, unless your going to watch it ringside.

imagine paying £15 and the fight lasts 30 seconds, im not saying it will, but there is a chance it could, you never know.

Soldato
What time do people expect the main event to start? (ie: is there a stupidly big undercard for this one like the last event on box office .. main fight didnt start for about 5 hours =/ )

Associate
In all honesty, i think he would have been better off keeping schtum about retiring. Reason being is judges are influenced by the powers in boxing. The Klits are boring, no denying that. The heavyweight division is in dire need of a personality and David Haye has it. If it goes to points, this will swing in the favor of Klitchsko. He already has the hometown advantage. However, with HBO now interested in Haye, the thought of having an exciting heavyweight boxer to air on TV, would have really worked in his favor.. But that won't help if he's only going to be around for another 4months.. Mind you, saying all of that, i can't imagine him keeping his word, win or lose saturday, if Vitali offers him a fight early next yr, he'll take it!

Yeah but you guys get so much good stuff as part of your regular HBO subscription and usually it's only very big fights that are PPVs there. In the UK they put half champs like Khan on PPV, even when they are taking bum-of-the-week style fights.

That said, this is a proper fight, to determine the lineal heavyweight champ, and it's well well worth the price tag. I'm expecting fireworks at some point, but I still think that there's a danger of this turning into your typical boring Wlad affair though.

Associate
£15 isn't anything really if you're watching it with friends. Me and my mates are going round another mates house for a BBQ then boxing, £15 between 8 of us is less than £2, definitely worth it :p

Cannot wait for tomorrow!

Soldato
This just might be the first and only boxing ppv I ever buy. Can't really stand boxing but this match has been hyped up so much I feel I need to watch it. Hoping for a Haye win by knockout.

Soldato
Predictions!

Haye win. K/O 2nd Round.

If Haye comes out fast, it could be over as early as round two... Speed and agility may prove too much for the Russian Robot and he'll send him back to the gulag.

I'm worried that Haye may play it cautious, in which case it'll allow the red giant to get into his jab, setup the right then grab routine.

I was a litlte disapointed with Haye's cautious performance over Valuev and Fraudley.. It seems he's a little cautious against the big guys to not get hit first and seems to be happy on ONLY on the counter. But boy what a counter !

I hope he has the power to take 'Ich Luv Klit' down fast and make this an exciting fight..

I have to say I'm having problems sleeping at night, being so excited over this fight !!! I can't wait til tomorrow ! It's finally here !

COME ON Haye !!!!!!!!

Soldato
Final Weigh in Photo's. Klit 17st 5lbs Haye 15st 3lbs

klitschko-haye-weights%20(12).jpg

klitschko-haye-weights%20(13).jpg

klitschko-haye-weights%20(7).jpg

klitschko-haye-weights%20(11).jpg

klitschko-haye-weights%20(6).jpg

klitschko-haye-weights%20(4).jpg

klitschko-haye-weights%20(8).jpg

Back
Top Bottom