Wladimir Klitschko V David Haye....it's on!!

Soldato
I'm hoping that this fight will live up to all of the expectations. I'm really looking forward to seeing what could be a superlative exhibition of heavyweight boxing.
I'd say Klitschko will win, however I'm more concerned with seeing a great fight and BOTH fighters at their best. Hoping Haye does Britain proud and shows the world what he's made of.
Roll on July 2nd I say!

Caporegime
Haye retiring at 30 and both Klitschko's still going strong at the 40 mark. Tells a lot in itself. If i was champion of the world, i wouldn't retire until i was either:

A: beaten badly
B: too old to compete with young up comers (training and injuries gets harder and losing speed doesn't help)

I think Haye wants people to look back at him as a "great" with only 1 or 2 losses, too bad nobody will remember him even if he does beat Klitschko.

Sem

Sem

Soldato
anyone watching the David Haye Vs... thing on sky one right now

urgh so cringe-worthy

Haye thinks he is a mega star but tbh he is just a big ****head with no class or respect and will NO WAY in hell be remember as a boxing great

hope he gets knocked the **** out on Saturday

:rolleyes:

Caporegime
Can't wait for this fight now, I'm tempted to put a bet on it.

Hopefully it's a good lengthy fight so I can get my moneys worth!

betting on 1 fight is the worst thing you can do, unless you pick a round or decision, which if you do its so unpredictable anything can happen and a huge chance of losing (throwing money away).

for example £50 (stake) on klitschko to win gives you back £78.57 (includes your original stake) on paddy power at this moment in time.

you stand to lose £50 in order to make £28.57

odds are better if you pick david haye (underdog) outright and a draw is at 40/1. so £5 on a draw makes £200 (extreme long shot).

would be better if you picked 2 fights on the night from the under card and stuck £10 on a 3 fight accumulator.

betting just on 1 fight usually isnt worth it, people say they do it for added excitement and just a bit of fun, but lets be honest risking £50 in order to win less than £30 is not fun, its just stupid, its fun risking £10 in order to win £60+.

i once made over £150 on a £1 bet, now that was fun.

if you want to add excitement to the fight, you could play a drinking game, you have to drink a shot of alcohol or shot of water/juice if your not into getting lethered, every time the commentator says nice jab, or nice defense, etc.

a lot of UFC fans sometimes play the joe rogan drinking game (google it) when their is a show on.

Soldato
Pillow fist? Strange name to call it unless you're the one that trolls every boxing thread because you like MMA.

I love boxing but that doesn't mean I can't take the mick out of the ridiculous gloves they wear

Yeah but don't you know that being punched with a match-weight boxing glove thrown by a professional boxer doesn't actually hurt? Whereas in UFC iTS ALL REAL MAN

What an odd and moronic thing for you to say.

Soldato
OP
Can't believe for a minute he won't fight Vitali if he wins all this talk of retiring is just trying to force their hand into making the fight imo.

His legacy relys on beating both klitschkos, beating one then packing up will just make him look like he's ducking Vitali.

Caporegime
who is the Prime Minister of germany?

Got you message, thanks. :p

Unfortunately my options are somewhat limited being on a Mac and having no access to a Windows based PC. Hence me asking about paying to watch the fight. :)

I hear it's £19.99 on the night, and £14.99 beforehand which is a little steep for my liking, especially for a sport I have little to no interest in otherwise. Do you think it will be repeated on Sky Sports the day after?

Soldato
Got you message, thanks. :p

Unfortunately my options are somewhat limited being on a Mac and having no access to a Windows based PC. Hence me asking about paying to watch the fight. :)

I hear it's £19.99 on the night, and £14.99 beforehand which is a little steep for my liking, especially for a sport I have little to no interest in otherwise. Do you think it will be repeated on Sky Sports the day after?

Nope it wont be repeated on sky sports the day after.

Its repeated again on Sky Box Office on the sunday 3 times i think.

£15 is fine I think, cant wait :D

Soldato
As much as I'd like to see it, I'm not spending £15 on it. :p

15 quid??? you lucky gits... I normally pay $60 for a boxing PPV. Luckily this time round I'm not paying cos it's free on HBO. Since an American isn't fighting. Normally though, i can't bear to not watch a big fight like this, so its either cough up on the night or hope you get a crappy stream from somewhere. Which is rare ! 15quid seems like a damn good deal to me !

Back
Top Bottom