woke up this morning wanting to die

Caporegime
Some very unhappy people in here. I've never really been to that sort of place myself however I have family members who were very low, even going so far as to attempt suicide.
They're now some of the happiest people I know. Things can change in an instant. Never forget that. It may seem dark at the moment but you don't know what could happen next. And just think...if you're at the very bottom now then everything must get better.

Soldato
Emigrate. I'd be depressed if I was still living in the UK. Living in other cultures is so refreshing, makes you realise what a bunch of miserable mooks Brits are most of the time.

Just start applying for jobs abroad, they'll pay for your relocation. Sell up all your old crap, take the stuff that matters with you.

Associate
Join an off grid community and learn to survive independently.
You would be much happier living for yourself rather than waiting to die in this **** hole of society (which is usually the cause of depression)

Soldato
40 and single huh. Lucky git...

It's 'Rock against depression' week on Kerang which is trying to help break the stigma of talking about it. May be worth looking into.

So many things you could do for activities to mix yourself in with social groups. I won't pretend to know what you're going through, but know there are lots of others in the same position. Talk to people, you are not alone.

Permabanned
Turn 40 single, no kids no job, feeling very unhappy, most of my mates have left the country so now I feel alone

I'm 41 and feel like my life is just starting! Just finished my degree, have 2 perfect little kids, a great job, and loads of possibilities of going further in the 20-25 years before I retire :)

Curio, have you ever thought about working for the Samaritans?

Well don't :p

Associate
Turn 40 single, no kids no job, feeling very unhappy, most of my mates have left the country so no I feel alone, had a few flings last year.

Ive had a good 40 years but it seem now I feel like crap, I'm aging feeling that i'm getting old, I feel that life is **** and woke up crying, I was depressed end of last year and refused medication.

What do you do when you turn 40 and realised that your dreams will not come true, and feel that your waiting to die.

It all started when I found some broken asbestos in my flat it sent me into depression, been told it was low risk that i'd ever get any negative effects, it sent my anxiety levels high thinking about it.

On top of that I live alone which does not help, I just feel pretty low. i go to the gym 4 times a week.

Change your life. Do something completely not usual for you.

I had a bad time 5-6 years ago but started going to various activities in town, finally I went to a dance class even though I thought I had two left feet. Ended up loving it, made 20-30 new friends and now have a completely new social circle.

Soldato
Similar to when I turned 40, I was single living in a 1 bed flat drinking far to much & feeling my life was pretty much over.

5 years later im married to a fantastic woman, been in my current job 6 1/2 years now & still going well, moved towns & now own a 3 bed house in a nice quiet neighbourhood.

You never know what is around the corner, you need to find something that changes your current lifestyle.
Mine was moving to a new town to be closer to work, good move as thats where I met my wife albeit online. Getting out of the rut I had become stuck in is what worked for me.

Associate
Meds are short term plus worried I might lose my hair on them or other negative side effects.

I started meds 3 weeks ago.

Everything is on the up.

I now have the mental capacity to look at life in a more pragmatic way. My working life is going better, my personal life is going a LOT better. Yes I do have a girl friend who is reaping the rewards of the medication (I love her long time, long long long time) :p

I feel like I did when I was happy in my mid 20s.

You're 40 buddy, not 90. you've got the rest of your life ahead of you!

Try meds, it really has helped me so very much.

T

Soldato
I used to put asbestos on fires and watch it blow up when is was a child. So if your worrying about that then I must be in big trouble in a few years time. I've heard it takes 25 years before you see signs from it.

Back
Top Bottom