woke up this morning wanting to die

Soldato
41 here.. went through the OMG phase in about 2009, decided after a week of contemplation (very zen as I was redundant) that the only thing that mattered was things that make me happy - friends and family plus I wanted kids etc... queue me making the jump into online dating for a second time with a more focused remit (even turned down offers ;)).
2011 met a lovely french redhead.. now married, bought a house but really had difficulty that we may not have kids..
2014 made redundant in nov, finding it hard and have low times about looking for jobs as I'm too senior for some and not right for others. Unfortunately it seems that jobs are age related unless you're a contractor. Went through a really bad patch in the last week - but attempting to start getting fit and then slowly pull up out of it. It's not an instant process for recovery (and warning signs if it magically gets better!).
So we're plodding on - but not having a job means not really getting out and doing much. Oh and found out that she's 6-7weeks :eek: so still tenderhooks.. so for me .. time to man up and snap out of it.

Associate
It was mentioned earlier in the thread but do think about doing some voluntary work. I did when I was much younger and suffering depression - aside from practical skills and some much needed social contact, it gave me a massive sense of self worth as I was helping people much less fortunate than me and making a real difference to their lives. Once you get a bit of self confidence and belief back, the rest of it will become much easier.

I'm not saying this will definitely happen as well but it's how I met my wife (she was volunteering at the same place as me) :)

Associate
Install Tor, get a Nucleus account, and buy a load of Diazepam. Only the people who suffer from depression/anxiety will know how hard it hits.

Associate
We all feel like this at some points in are lifes ! and some people just give up , We have a choice on how we wish to live are lifes , you can wake up everyday and cry and moan , but thats not how life works , if you want to do something in this world you have to do it yourself ! No one is going to help you , the sooner you learn that the better. stop getting upset and watching other people . if your on FB Delete it now ! If you have depression issues watching these pretend lifes people live will make you angry . You need to wake up in the morning and start doing what makes you happy.... stop worry about what everyone else is doing , half the human race is in dept ! people just want to show boat these days with Holidays and fancy cars . look at me i have all this and in reality they have depressing **** lifes with money issues .....

You don't have any kids , thats not what life is about .... God didnt creat us to just have babies , we have been created to develop the world , I see us as some sort of massive Science project lol ....

Wake up tomorrow and go and do what makes you happy .... try and get a Job and get some funds saved. good luck . but never end your life , go and make a difference before you leave this wonderful world. its not all bad.

Soldato
I got divorced in my early 30s and had a hard time of it - got myself a dog and life did change, best thing I ever did as you always have a friend, something to do, a friend that gives you a purpose and you wouldn't believe how many girls like dogs!

Only issue is my girl is now 11 1/2 and acting quite old now, going to be a hard hit! Only issue are dogs do cost money, but not if you too much if you are careful.

Associate
Easyrider, stunning dog you have.

Just read this thread, I'm 40+, missus thinks I'm still 17, she has a point. I remember going past 30 thinking **** I'm old, was a bit depressed then as I was single, went past 40 no problems, now racing my way to 50!! Time is moving so just get out their and start grooving, corny I know but for me as you get older time is just moving faster.

Soldato
Look on the bright side, your 40, single with no kids :D

Was just going to say, apart from the 'no job' bit which you can solve rather quickly, why the sad face? If it makes you feel better, I'm 35 in less than two weeks and I too am single without any children. I've spent my weekend playing computer games alone in my house. Seems that having children and a partner is important to you whilst you couldn't pay me to want any of those things right now.

Focus less on external rubbish that you think might make you happy and focus on yourself.

Soldato
Let the world flow around you, don't try and fit in with the world.

You just in that moment, take the wave and move on so to say! ;)

Quick edit:

In other words be a rock and not a pebble! ;)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Was just going to say, apart from the 'no job' bit which you can solve rather quickly, why the sad face? If it makes you feel better, I'm 35 in less than two weeks and I too am single without any children. I've spent my weekend playing computer games alone in my house. Seems that having children and a partner is important to you whilst you couldn't pay me to want any of those things right now.

Focus less on external rubbish that you think might make you happy and focus on yourself.

Tbh mate everyone is different . To some gaming alone all weekend is not their idea of fun. Companionship etc.. Is

Back
Top Bottom