Wokery

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Where did I say that?(nice twist but another fail)

I have seen bullying where the big guy picks on the small guy using violence.

I have never seen bullying using words.
Words are just words. And if they know they will get a reaction then they will carry on with words.
But at the end of the day. Words can't hurt you.

If they did, then we would have wars using words.

This from the guy who accused me of bullying him for calling him out on being a tit in the Motorsport section :p

Soldato
OK, in that case I think you're gravely deluded. Never heard of ableism or the Equality Act? What a weird post.

You are just weak and easily upset by words.
And can't understand how normal people don't react to silly things.

I can tell this as you came back with "deluded\ableism\Equality Act\What a weird post.

Capodecina
Soldato
You are just weak and easily upset by words.

I can tell this as you came back with "deluded\ableism\Equality Act\What a weird post.

It is a weird post. Not only is it weird, but it's dangerous. To say "you never hear anything" from disabled people is just insane.

Seems to me, from JRS's citation above, you just don't like people disproving you [and citing the Equality Act and ableism is a disproval].

If I feel I am wrong about something, I apologise and try to learn from it and to see why I was wrong in the first place. Your response is to block the other person, apparently. The volley could have ended there, but you then had a go at me and questioned my motivation for apologising :cry:. I shan't continue any further with the exchange, have a good day.

Soldato

You mean like the man babies that were so upset about losing a poxy game they felt the need to abuse someone, start fights or trash something. This is the most pathetic thing of all, not people not being able to put up with abuse racist or otherwise.

Capodecina
Soldato
You mean like the man babies that were so upset about losing a poxy game they felt the need to abuse someone, start fights or trash something. This is the most pathetic thing of all, not people not being able to put up with abuse racist or otherwise.

Absolutely, what a bunch of pathetic morons. Verbal abuse, racist abuse? Man up and get over it. :p

Soldato

It's some impressive reasoning to get to the point where we're arguing that the people getting abused are the ones who need to man up, rather than questioning why people get so upset at losing a game (a game they're not even actively playing themselves, just watching) that they feel they need to throw abuse at people.

Soldato
[
Interesting twist
england-take-medals-off-why-euros-runners-up-italy-final-defeat-explained-1098928
if England team (beyond penalty takers) don't have respect for one another/themselves, and their achievement, how do they expect respect from loyal followers - will that story be on the BBC.

part of the distinction of genuine racism should be persistant/repeated abuse, which does appear to be what the (I now see) tweeting guy from Savills exhibited, versus a primitive/non-filtered/reactive response, for which he could have apologised, too,
removing medals is itself bringing UEFA/football into disrepute, though. - what are your thoughts Southgate ?
]

Soldato
It's some impressive reasoning to get to the point where we're arguing that the people getting abused are the ones who need to man up, rather than questioning why people get so upset at losing a game (a game they're not even actively playing themselves, just watching) that they feel they need to throw abuse at people.

Quite.

Soldato

You mean they just said words and weak people reacted?
Or was this a real fight?

Just don't react or stay off social media.

Capodecina
Soldato
It's some impressive reasoning to get to the point where we're arguing that the people getting abused are the ones who need to man up

Well, it's victim blaming, isn't it. It generally happens when people refuse to look at themselves as the source of a problem. It probably happens more these days because it's easier to shift the blame, especially on social media. Lump in with that the narcissism and the social insecurities created by social media and then discussed and proliferated through them, and it's a lot of fun.

Soldato
You mean they just said words and weak people reacted?
Or was this a real fight?

Just don't react or stay off social media.

No I was talking about so called England fans kicking off after the game and started fights and throwing bottles because they lost. You know, mentally weak men not being able to lose a game without losing their ****

Soldato
Tyrone is bang on here. Patel and Johnson condoned fans booing them calling the players actions gesture politics, when it was the politicians doing exactly that. Surprise surprise when the racists empowered by our leaders then vent their racism at those players. This is exactly why our players take a stand against racism and I hope they continue to do so. They've bought far more fans to support England than have been lost because some knuckle draggers refuse to support the players. Good riddance to the lot of them. Go find another sport, good luck though because no other sport tolerates racists in its fan base like football does.

Soldato
Tyrone is bang on here. Patel and Johnson condoned fans booing them calling the players actions gesture politics, when it was the politicians doing exactly that. Surprise surprise when the racists empowered by our leaders then vent their racism at those players. This is exactly why our players take a stand against racism and I hope they continue to do so. They've bought far more fans to support England than have been lost because some knuckle draggers refuse to support the players. Good riddance to the lot of them. Go find another sport, good luck though because no other sport tolerates racists in its fan base like football does.

Yeah, he's absolutely right to call her out.

This group of players are fantastic lads. So socially aware, and it's a massive contrast to their total knobhead predecessors in the England side.

Used to watch Tyrone's dad, Adie, play for Gloucester City in the 90s. He's lucky the chants we, affectionately, sung at his father haven't followed him "Adie Mings, but it's not his fault...."

Thought this was a decent take:

Soldato
I am deaf and disabled.
So what..no big deal.

You are an adult. Deal with it.

So what your point? Because you are deaf and disabled people should be allowed to call someone the n-word and post monkey emojis etc and there be no consequences and people should just accept that as someone's opinion? That online abuse and bullying is fair game and people should just "man up". Sorry that isn't how it works here. Those that racially abuse these players will likely be getting a knock on the door from the boys in blue and perhaps being handed their P45 from their place of work. Words have consequences as they are about to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom