Women's World Cup 2019 Thread

Soldato
There have been some good saves in the England v Japan match. I didn't watch the USA v Chile match, but I see there was a really great save from the Chilean keeper. Also a good performance from the Argentine keeper against England. Some good positives for goalkeeping in the women's game, which does some criticism.

Scotland 3-0 up and with a good chance of going through.

Gotta say, I'm thoroughly enjoying the competition (nice to see players trying to win the ball rather than the foul). loads of games being shown on the TV over here.
Is there much being shown in the UK? This thread seems a little quiet or is there not that much interest?

I think all games are on the BBC; whether it's one of the three channels (one, two, four), the red button or on iPlayer.

Varying reasons the thread is pretty quiet; it's international football; reasons mentioned by stig, and those members who have no interest in the women's game.

Soldato
Agreed on both accounts. Terrible end to the match.

VAR is a double edged sword. It can really help, but if penalties like the one in this match are retaken, then what confidence can a keeper have to make a save if they are not totally focused on making a save and have half a mind on whether they are staying on the line.

They really need to sort that out, because that is one aspect where VAR is terrible.

Back
Top Bottom