Wonder Woman 2

Soldato
Ok so its an issue with women coming across as not strong mentally then?

What a bizarre take.

Criticise the plot by all means...im not sure what it ls to do with the gender of the characters.
Well whcih are you talking of? Is there a superhero that's discovered their strength by bettering a woman? From the first moment the bad man rapist comes on screen it was obvious that's a setup for her to meet him again. It's clearly not a Woman strong let's complain thing. The first WW proved that's not the case, so that argument is mute.

Also how is that a bizzare take, it the literal first 1hr of this movie lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
You literally put "Woke crap, women are strong" there isnt any twisting of words.

A drunk guy hitting on a woman in a park is hardly far fetched. As for every man at the party, firstly they werent all white and secondly imo it was to emphasize the effects of Barbaras wish.

"Woke crap" - it is.

"Women are strong" - i meant, that i agreed that women are strong, i just don't need it hammering down my throat. I want to enjoy the movie.

And i never mentioned anything about race - but of course you aren't twisting my words at all.

Soldato
My main issue is that,
at the end of the film, there is no evidence that I noticed that everyone has forgotten their wishes and the impacts of them. Therefore, every single person in the planet now knows who Diana is but also 100% knows that magic is real.
That's right up there with the genius Star Trek plot points of Khan's blood rendering death meaningless and transwarp teleporters making starships pointless.
Gadot, Pine and Pascal were all as good as the plot would allow. Wiig just didn't come across as intimidating though.

Soldato
My main issue is that,
at the end of the film, there is no evidence that I noticed that everyone has forgotten their wishes and the impacts of them. Therefore, every single person in the planet now knows who Diana is but also 100% knows that magic is real.
That's right up there with the genius Star Trek plot points of Khan's blood rendering death meaningless and transwarp teleporters making starships pointless.
Gadot, Pine and Pascal were all as good as the plot would allow. Wiig just didn't come across as intimidating though.
Also those people that wished away cancer had to happily return to having a terminal disease.

Soldato
And why did no bloke wish for everybody on the planet to disappear bar themselves and a hotel full of selected women? It's the 80s, so I know that's exactly what I would've done.

Caporegime
Here's where I stand on this.

Not a massive fan of any of the DCEU movies, but Wonder Woman was probably the best of the bunch. WW84 however is below average for most of the running time, and the last hour or so is really quite poor.

Firstly it's very inconsistent with Batman Vs Superman. She's basically introduced in that movie as having laid low since WW1, yet in this she seemingly speaks to the whole World via TV/Radio? And it's not like they used some reset button either. Everyone will remember that weird day in 84 when they were granted wishes and had to then recind them.

The wishes thing was pretty bad actually. Though not because it was too "out there", after all isn't that exactly what the infinity gauntlet ultimately does in the MCU?

More the way it was used was bad. We're supposed to believe that everyone in the World recinded their wish? Including people with terminal cancer? complete ********* in general? Nah. What about 84 Bruce Wayne? Didn't he ask for his parents back?

One of the poorest sections is Wonder Woman getting her arse kicked, killing Steve off-screen then deciding she can fly, after a seemingly infinity-length lasso grabs the airplane. All this just so that she can go home, change into her new outfit which has been built up as being near indestructible (rather than her sword), only for that armour to break almost instantly when she gets in to a fight with whatever it is that Barbara becomes.

She seems to have renounced using the Sword? Doesn't kill anyone etc?

And wouldn't flight have been quite useful in BvS or The Justice League?

And can a jet fighter plane fly from Washington to Egypt without refuelling? Seems unlikely.

Kirsten wiig is a good actress in general, but seemed a bit miscast here IMO. She looks pretty good for 47 as that 80's workout outfit didn't leave much to the imagination, but her character didn't strike me as being that threatening. She basically had Diana's strength at first, and I understand that Wonder Woman's powers had faded due to her own wish, but she had many years of training in combat/athletics and Barbara had zero.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Kirsten wiig is a good actress in general, but seemed a bit miscast here IMO. She looks pretty good for 47 as that 80's workout outfit didn't leave much to the imagination, but her character didn't strike me as being that threatening. She basically had Diana's strength at first, and I understand that Wonder Woman's powers had faded due to her own wish, but she had many years of training in combat/athletics and Barbara had zero.

Just for you:

7-KJJNHCQ37-BA36-KUL3-XDA5-AE4-A.jpg

Soldato
Here's where I stand on this.

Not a massive fan of any of the DCEU movies, but Wonder Woman was probably the best of the bunch. WW84 however is below average for most of the running time, and the last hour or so is really quite poor.

Firstly it's very inconsistent with Batman Vs Superman. She's basically introduced in that movie as having laid low since WW1, yet in this she seemingly speaks to the whole World via TV/Radio? And it's not like they used some reset button either. Everyone will remember that weird day in 84 when they were granted wishes and had to then recind them.

The wishes thing was pretty bad actually. Though not because it was too "out there", after all isn't that exactly what the infinity gauntlet ultimately does in the MCU?

More the way it was used was bad. We're supposed to believe that everyone in the World recinded their wish? Including people with terminal cancer? complete ********* in general? Nah. What about 84 Bruce Wayne? Didn't he ask for his parents back?

One of the poorest sections is Wonder Woman getting her arse kicked, killing Steve off-screen then deciding she can fly, after a seemingly infinity-length lasso grabs the airplane. All this just so that she can go home, change into her new outfit which has been built up as being near indestructible (rather than her sword), only for that armour to break almost instantly when she gets in to a fight with whatever it is that Barbara becomes.

She seems to have renounced using the Sword? Doesn't kill anyone etc?

And wouldn't flight have been quite useful in BvS or The Justice League?

And can a jet fighter plane fly from Washington to Egypt without refuelling? Seems unlikely.

I have a feeling that One of the clips where you saw a young boy at school was supposed to be Bruce Wayne.

I would have also thought that as Max Lord rescinded his wish of becoming the stone then that counteracted all of the wishes that others made?

Soldato
The biggest thing that got me was WW and Steve, stealing the jet from the museum.

Since when would a plane be left fully fuelled and ready to fly in a museum?? Also yes Steve was a pilot in WW1 but how on earth could he fly a fairly modern jet with all the tech that is in it?

Really dumb basic stuff.

Overall though I enjoyed Gadot as WW but that was really it.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Profit. They literally don't care about making quality films. If it profits, it gets a sequel.

Your not going to believe it but Patty Jenkin has now suggested WW is going to be a trilogy, i guess the positive is they got room to try and repair the damage but on the other hand it could slip into further disarray and nonsense.

Capodecina
Soldato
Your not going to believe it but Patty Jenkin has now suggested WW is going to be a trilogy, i guess the positive is they got room to try and repair the damage but on the other hand it could slip into further disarray and nonsense.

The first one was junk as well. I haven't seen the second but shan't be after this. I imagine the third will go the way of Jaws 3.

The only good thing about the films is Gal Gadot.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
The first one was junk as well. I haven't seen the second but shan't be after this. I imagine the third will go the way of Jaws 3.

The only good thing about the films is Gal Gadot.

If you didnt like the first, the second is going to be x 10 worse. At least the first has some semblance of logic or story line, they had a goal of sorts. WW84 is utter made up non-sensical nonsense which even for comic book nerds (myself included) found it hard to follow or take seriously. 1+1 = 3 no matter how hard you try and dress it up. Its got more plot holes than swiss cheese.

Soldato
Also yes Steve was a pilot in WW1 but how on earth could he fly a fairly modern jet with all the tech that is in it?

"Movie Magic" :D

I've even worked on Tornados for a few years and realise that the whole section, apart from being visually stunning when they fly through the fireworks, is "movie magic" which means that you're not supposed to have any common sense and think - even if it was fully fuelled, as they have no maps or navigation gear how do they actual find Cairo? Then there's the practical aspects of a WW1 pilot in a modern aircraft (modern avionics, aircraft speed/handling, no engine start procedures to read etc), where do they land and hide the jet in Cairo, how do they get back into the US afterwards with no passports etrc - do they fly the invisible jet back (again fuel, navigation, landing/hiding - does it return to the museum etc) alongside more general canon changes like WW can now just use "magic" to make things invisible but then couldn't use this magic in JL?

These are all things you mustn't think about in a superhero film, just switch that little old grey matter off and consume what we give you and be grateful too :D

Associate
First Film - Story by
Zack Snyder
Allan Heinberg
Jason Fuchs

1984 - Story by
Patty Jenkins
Geoff Johns

I think she might be able to Direct but not good at writing my score 4/10 First film 6/10

Back
Top Bottom