Wonder Woman 2

Soldato
Shame I seen Kermode give this 4 out of 5 stars, always liked his reviews, can't see the point of reviewers in films or games anymore, they all seem to be paid shills.

kermode is weirdly inconsistent - he gave ghostbusters 2016 a very good review, which is just baffling.

Soldato
kermode is weirdly inconsistent - he gave ghostbusters 2016 a very good review, which is just baffling.

I refer you to this section of a previous post shown below which, considering Kermode is left leaning/progressive and therefore more likely to be concerned about any backlash, is probably far more accurate than any other reason.

And they're probably also very wary of being shouted down, labelled as misogynistic and 'cancelled' by the usual mob of screaming ******** on social media..........

Due to the intolerant partisan times we live in now, it is seemingly impossible to be truthful of a product if giving your honest opinion about it would hurt your own "side" (as ridiculous as that is to me), and a reason why the vast majority of reviewers are just ignored by so many nowadays I think.

Soldato
I refer you to this section of a previous post shown below which, considering Kermode is left leaning/progressive and therefore more likely to be concerned about any backlash, is probably far more accurate than any other reason.

Due to the intolerant partisan times we live in now, it is seemingly impossible to be truthful of a product if giving your honest opinion about it would hurt your own "side" (as ridiculous as that is to me), and a reason why the vast majority of reviewers are just ignored by so many nowadays I think.

unfortunately i think thats true

fez

fez

Caporegime
I guess the question is can you think of an alterntaive motive for why say Wonder Woman and Black Panther got such gushing reviews when compared with hindsight to better films?

It’s got to the stage where there is no point talking about any film that has certain topics or casting/directorial choices. You can talk about why the film is bad as much as you want but the people who see everything as an attack on women or race will dismiss it as just that.

Permabanned
I guess the question is can you think of an alterntaive motive for why say Wonder Woman and Black Panther got such gushing reviews when compared with hindsight to better films?

Black Panther wasnt THAT bad, not as bad as WW84, wasnt great mind.

It’s got to the stage where there is no point talking about any film that has certain topics or casting/directorial choices. You can talk about why the film is bad as much as you want but the people who see everything as an attack on women or race will dismiss it as just that.

There seem to be plenty of bad reviews around.

People seem to be constructing a reality that really isn't valid at all. :)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

It was alright, until they over-used Kirsten Wiig and I couldn't shake the feeling that she was about as menacing as a missed delivery card in the letterbox.

Soldato
Dirge of a film.

Woke crap - women are strong, women say no to the privileged, white man. White men = bad sexual harrasers.

CGI was terrible and aside from the opening, it took nearly an hour to see WW.

Loved the invisible jet, but when the **** did WW fly?

And the main plot? Wishes? Fricking wishes?!

More like a Doctor Who episode than a Hollywood blockbuster.

Watches a film about a "wonder woman" then wonders why women are "strong". Why the hell not?

What is your issue with women coming across as strong?

Honestly some peoples views in this thread come straight out of "GD".

I know, wishes, what a wild plot point. Maybe a fella could have dropped into a vat of electric eels or bitten by some mad spider and turn into a human version of said spider.

Soldato
Watches a film about a "wonder woman" then wonders why women are "strong". Why the hell not?

I know, wishes, what a wild plot point. Maybe a fella could have dropped into a vat of electric eels or bitten by some mad spider and turn into a human version of said spider.

Nothing wrong with women being strong, so please don't twist my words. It was the fact that all the MEN were portrayed as sex obsessed sleazes (except Pine and Pascal). Why didn't we have sleazy women harassing our heroes? Equality and all that.

From the drunk guy in the park, to every man at the party, all hit on the women in a sleazy manner.

So, your argument does not hold water at all.

Soldato
Nothing wrong with women being strong, so please don't twist my words. It was the fact that all the MEN were portrayed as sex obsessed sleazes (except Pine and Pascal). Why didn't we have sleazy women harassing our heroes? Equality and all that.

From the drunk guy in the park, to every man at the party, all hit on the women in a sleazy manner.

So, your argument does not hold water at all.

You literally put "Woke crap, women are strong" there isnt any twisting of words.

A drunk guy hitting on a woman in a park is hardly far fetched. As for every man at the party, firstly they werent all white and secondly imo it was to emphasize the effects of Barbaras wish.

It was the fact that all the MEN were portrayed as sex obsessed sleazes (except Pine and Pascal).

Except the main protagonist and the love interest who share most of the screen with the main bloody character?

Soldato

Physically or mentally. Cause both female leads where mentally challenged, one for dead man she knew for 2 weeks stops her emotionally and somehow stops her from being a known superhero. The other drops her suitcase and that is the universal sign for an ignored outcast who's main power come from walking in heels.
Physically WW is stopped by some wind in a room lol.
Meber that time she went toe to toe with Domsday and took shots from Superman? Pepperge farm remembers.

Soldato
Physically or mentally. Cause both female leads where mentally challenged, one for dead man she knew for 2 weeks stops her emotionally and somehow stops her from being a known superhero. The other drops her suitcase and that is the universal sign for an ignored outcast who's main power come from walking in heels.

Ok so its an issue with women coming across as not strong mentally then?

What a bizarre take.

Criticise the plot by all means...im not sure what it ls to do with the gender of the characters.

Back
Top Bottom