Wonder Woman 2

Commissario
First was utter garbage. I'm partway through the second and have given up because it's so much worse.
I actually left it on in the background while I'm working and it got worse.

Why does Wonder Woman fly (and pose) like Superman?

What's with the other woman just randomly turning into a cat?

Why is it Christmas at the end when it was the 4th of July earlier?

Nobody said "Happy Holidays" in 1984. It would have been "Merry Christmas".

Gal Gadot has a huge forehead.

Awful, OTT CGI

Lynda Carter :D

Soldato
So its ~5800 miles from Washington DC to Cairo Egypt, the Panavia Tornado which is what the "invisible jet" is based on has a maximum range of just under 900 miles. So wonder how they missed that significant detail.

Soldato
So its ~5800 miles from Washington DC to Cairo Egypt, the Panavia Tornado which is what the "invisible jet" is based on has a maximum range of just under 900 miles. So wonder how they missed that significant detail.

Probably in the same way as you missed me mentioning this exact thing in post #134 :p

Soldato
Thinking a little further on this, I just realised this has the same "the sequel jumps the shark" feel to it that the new Star Wars Trilogy had.

I mean I'm not directly comparing TLJ to WW1984 but the situation itself has a similar feel where the first film made a lot of fan goodwill and created a new fanbase only for the sequel to bitterly divide that fanbase, with it being seen as either an objectively poor film or its a stunning and brave master-piece that old white men simply don't understand :D

Both sides have their arguments and neither side will agree that the other side might have a point in some regards so neither side will budge, leading to a permanent fracture of the fanbase sadly. I just hope WW3 doesn't live up to it's literal shortened name :D

Caporegime
Jumping the gun on that a bit aren't you? Its been out 4 days and the critics score is actually worse than the audience score, at least on Rotten tomatoes.

I don't think anyone is calling WW84 "stunningly brave"

Soldato
Not sure what to make of this really.

I enjoy Gal Gadot which probably made it better than it was, the cgi was so ropey in parts and the cat woman stuff was beyond ridiculous. Pedro was terrible in it as well.

Soldato
Jumping the gun on that a bit aren't you? Its been out 4 days and the critics score is actually worse than the audience score, at least on Rotten tomatoes.

I don't think anyone is calling WW84 "stunningly brave"

I only mentioned how the fans are acting, not critics (no-one cares about them now anyway). Regarding brave etc, have a look on twitter - its currently a "battle-ground" between WW fans with the two opposing views I mentioned.

Soldato
Didn't expect White knights for the film but there's even a few in here.

WW84 is not woke. It's pretty far from it. Mostly white straight cast.

It has strong man bad vibes but utterly fails at a feminist film also. The best part of the film is a bloody Romcom. Heck they even rape the stooge who's body Steve jumped into. Switch the sexes and watch the internet explode.

So the defence of your just a bunch of angry alt right haters won't stick.

The film is complete ****. God even some complete and utter Shills are finding it hard to give this film a good review but there are some.

Wonder Woman is part of the Holly Trinity of DC she deserves better than this POS. She's loved by mostly everyone. It's not like a Captain Marvel who's comic books fails everytime.

The first WW film is a pretty decent serviceable superhero film let down by the 3rd act.

The film is down there with Birds of Prey but you could argue BOP had good action.

WW84 has two bloody introductions FFS. It has also nothing to do with the 80's lol

It focuses to much on Wigg and doesn't do Maxwell Lord any favours. He's a good character and predo is a decent actor what a waste. There was rumours he was based on trump but he didn't seem like trump at all. I even think Patty confirm it a little. (Massive fail)

They didn't play to Gal's strength's who is a pretty good WW but she ain't no Tom Hanks her speech at the end was pretty painful to watch.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Here's where I stand on this.

Not a massive fan of any of the DCEU movies, but Wonder Woman was probably the best of the bunch. WW84 however is below average for most of the running time, and the last hour or so is really quite poor.

Firstly it's very inconsistent with Batman Vs Superman. She's basically introduced in that movie as having laid low since WW1, yet in this she seemingly speaks to the whole World via TV/Radio? And it's not like they used some reset button either. Everyone will remember that weird day in 84 when they were granted wishes and had to then recind them.

The wishes thing was pretty bad actually. Though not because it was too "out there", after all isn't that exactly what the infinity gauntlet ultimately does in the MCU?

More the way it was used was bad. We're supposed to believe that everyone in the World recinded their wish? Including people with terminal cancer? complete ********* in general? Nah. What about 84 Bruce Wayne? Didn't he ask for his parents back?

One of the poorest sections is Wonder Woman getting her arse kicked, killing Steve off-screen then deciding she can fly, after a seemingly infinity-length lasso grabs the airplane. All this just so that she can go home, change into her new outfit which has been built up as being near indestructible (rather than her sword), only for that armour to break almost instantly when she gets in to a fight with whatever it is that Barbara becomes.

She seems to have renounced using the Sword? Doesn't kill anyone etc?

And wouldn't flight have been quite useful in BvS or The Justice League?

And can a jet fighter plane fly from Washington to Egypt without refuelling? Seems unlikely.

Kirsten wiig is a good actress in general, but seemed a bit miscast here IMO. She looks pretty good for 47 as that 80's workout outfit didn't leave much to the imagination, but her character didn't strike me as being that threatening. She basically had Diana's strength at first, and I understand that Wonder Woman's powers had faded due to her own wish, but she had many years of training in combat/athletics and Barbara had zero.

Took you long enough, we were all sat here waiting for what your take on it was...pffttt :p

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
The movie is for children tbh, looking at it through adult eyes, of course you're going to feel it's a load of pants

Think that might be a stretch even for children, perhaps very young children but some are pretty savvy and can spot bad plots, mistakes and stupid ideas. WW84 was Superman 4 bad but worse.

It also reminded me of a superman producer who wanted superman to wear a leather jacket , fight polar bears and was obsessed with having a gigantic robotic spider as the end boss. Let's just say he didn't get his way and he went on to produce another movie called Wild Wild West lol :D

Caporegime
I think this movie really ought to have had a better villain, even just another god to bop... I mean there's so many to choose from with classical mythologies. However, I suppose that would sort of sour the point being made (disastrously) with the plot.

Would personally enjoy knowing how the discussion went in the writers room (zoom?) when the flight to Cairo came up, like seriously what the ****? I'm not even into planes or aeronautics, yet it was patently obvious that the jet they chose could never make such a journey.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
The movie is for children tbh, looking at it through adult eyes, of course you're going to feel it's a load of pants

Its really not. In much the same way Star Wars and Star Trek are not for children. They are all designed to be enjoyed by everyone. Thats why pixar films have been so loved by everyone. They are ostensibly childrens films and yet they work whether you are 5 or 50. Thats just good film making and its a bit sad that you think these films are made exclusively for children. It might shock you to find out that children don't have much money and if you want a film to be super successful it needs to appeal to adults and children alike. If you were going to pick one of those groups it would be adults.

WW84 isn't crap because its aimed at children (which it clearly isn't) its crap for the plethora of reasons we have all given.

Permabanned
oh come on Star Wars/Trek are for teenagers aren't they, as soon as you start being attracted to girls all that should be put to the side and you start moving on and growing up?

So you've never gotten your parents to take you to see a movie? that's a shame.

Soldato
I've not seen the film yet but will watch it when it comes available on my TV streaming accounts.

The problem I'm having with the criticism just now is people complaining about unreasonable mpg on an invisible jet...

Maybe it has really big invisible fuel tanks ;)

Soldato
I've not seen the film yet but will watch it when it comes available on my TV streaming accounts.

The problem I'm having with the criticism just now is people complaining about unreasonable mpg on an invisible jet...

Maybe it has really big invisible fuel tanks ;)

It's not some super special invisible magic jet though, it's just a bog standard jet that she somehow makes invisible by waving her hands about (a trick that would've been pretty useful during the fight with Doomsday but for some reason wasn't used).

Back
Top Bottom