Woo-hoo, the clocks go back to GMT this weekend!

Oh for gawd sake, no the sun doesn't care what my watch says - no **** Sherlock - my issue is that our society has decided to change the time......when it doesn't need to !!

The "evening" luminance is altered because some idiot at the start of the 20th Century told everyone else to change the time and it's stuck.....while the daylight remains the same, I must change to suit societies madness, i.e. the shop shuts at 5pm because 5pm is now an hour earlier than 6pm.

My job is self employed so dont worry about that sonny Jim, but its all time to slit our wrists with depression now because my being forced to tell me its 4.30pm and its dark is loopy.

Apparently in the UK we love doing anything we can to make life harder and miserable for everyone, as if Brexit wasn't enough, now we continue this GMT madness.
You sound angry. That's probably causing you more health issues than clocks changing.

You sound angry. That's probably causing you more health issues than clocks changing.

Yeah I'm annoyed for sure that it's going to get dark at 4.30pm - I got stuff to do !! And no I can't just 'get up earlier' because everyone else is also changing their clocks also.

Hugely inconvenient - going to need flood lights and head torches just to clean up and sort the garden in the evening, and I need to cut the hedge now the leaves are falling off - again going to need major spot lights to see what I'm doing.

Fun eh

Yeah I'm annoyed for sure that it's going to get dark at 4.30pm - I got stuff to do !! And no I can't just 'get up earlier' because everyone else is also changing their clocks also.

Hugely inconvenient - going to need flood lights and head torches just to clean up and sort the garden in the evening, and I need to cut the hedge now the leaves are falling off - again going to need major spot lights to see what I'm doing.

Fun eh
Don't know how you'll cope tbh.

Wait, you call lunch dinner?

Clearly you're an AM'r - we need a referendum to split society between the barbaric AM's who use the word 'lunch' (you're not a southern fairy are you? :P) and the normal people who have breaky, dinner & tea.

AM'rs can go off and live on the East coast (because its awful there), and the rest of us In the beautiful Western areas of Wales & The lakes.

Sorted, combat for PM :p

Side note, this daft banter still makes more sense than trump.

Clearly you're an AM'r - we need a referendum to split society between the barbaric AM's who use the word 'lunch' (you're not a southern fairy are you? :P) and the normal people who have breaky, dinner & tea.

AM'rs can go off and live on the East coast (because its awful there), and the rest of us In the beautiful Western areas of Wales & The lakes.

Sorted, combat for PM :p

Side note, this daft banter still makes more sense than trump.
What? You call your lunch dinner? That’s way too northern for me. There are 4 meals a day, breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper. There is no such thing as tea unless it’s afternoon tea of sandwiches (I suggest cucumber and salad cream), cakes (Victoria sponge is mandatory) and a nice pot of tea

Last edited:
I am bemused by the number of people in this thread who seem to think the time on the clock dictates when things have to happen. "Thou shalt work from 9 in the morning to 5 in the evening" is not written on a tablet of stone somewhere.
You have to understand, if you're lucky enough to have a work contract that says you can start and finish whenever you like, you're very much in the minority. Most people have set hours they need to work.

Back
Top Bottom