World Cup 2010 - GROUP C (England, USA, Algeria, Slovenia) **spoilers**

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do have quality players, but as team they are poor! at least at the moment...

swp and lennon cannot cross for toffee, gerrard cannnot play on the left!
Rooney should start if he's fit! perhaps play gerrard or cole just behind him.

something has to change or we are out

THey can do it in the league but not for England when it matters, qualifiers was a fluke

Like someone said above, they are surrounded by good foreign players, and tbh they probably have more passion playing for their club - i really dont think england is in most of the players hearts.

I do think we rate our players too highly- the likes of rooney, gerrard and lampard are good but they are not great - the quicker we and more imprtantly THEY realise it will we see an improvement.

WHOA!!!!!!!

I'm not having that!!!! - Literally every 2nd touch from Heskey tonight was a tackle - well not every 2nd touch coz most of the time he didnt even make the tackle!!
He was (as he always is) utter rubbish!!!!
The only silver lining was the comedy moment when he "burst" down the right, lost the ball under his own feet and blasted it into the crowd!

StevieP

You like a lot of other blind england fans who were too busy with there head in there hands rather than watching the football seem to have failed to notice the amount of good tackles he made and successful passes.....something half the team ****** up repeatedly. Admitedly he would have made a better defender than a striker today though.

Now im not saying he's a good player or should be in the england team, i've always thought he was a crap choice and a waste of a position in the 23, but today AND JUST TODAY he did play well, this is the key part though: he played well IN COMPARISON to the other england players on the pitch, that doesn't nessecarily mean im saying he played too the standard an england player should be able to.

I rather think and hope that Sir Alex is too canny to take on that particular poisoned chalice, he's unquestionably a great manager but in a risk/reward analysis the job doesn't offer much to him when compared with the risk to his reputation.

I didn't watch all the game as I only really caught the first half but England did not look like a cohesive team at all and they didn't seem to be threatening the Algeria goal anywhere near enough despite their keeper looking to have the assured certainty of handling that David James was once noted for. From what I did see though there were a fair few in the Algerian team that were playing well.

im surprised at the amount of negative comments towards heskey...he was one of the better players on the pitch today....albeit mainly in a defensive/holding up the ball sense. Infact all 3 of capellos subs removed the 3 better players on the pitch!

Rooney, gerrard, lampard and johnson were all utter **** though. Rooney should not start the next game, thats two games on the trot that he has been the worst player on the pitch, if he starts the next game capello needs to get the sack pronto.

Says everything when Heskey is considered our best player. Proves how bad the rest have done :p

I bet Joe Cole gets a game in the next match.

Harry redknapp would be better tbh

Maybe but it would help if the manager was english...i mean Capello is a decent manager....has won plenty of things at club level but the fact that english isnt his first language should have been the first warning bell for the FA.

Personally i would have given Venables the manager job but problem with him is that he has too many skeletons in the closet or did have. Just a shame that Sir Bobby Robson is no longer alive as ive always thought he was our best manager by far.

He did as much as the world class Wayne Rooney, he got backed and deafened and still got up front.

I never said Rooney was any better - I've never seen Rooney play that badly - EVER!!!
I've seen him play better while he's been injured to be honest!

My point is that Heskey isnt good enough to play for Villa, let alone England!

I dont think Heskey is even a footballer - I honestly cant remember a single game where Heskey has played well - and I watch a lot of footie!!

StevieP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom