World Cup 2010 - GROUP C (England, USA, Algeria, Slovenia) **spoilers**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Will be interesting to see who has more possession on Sunday and how Capello plays it.

Upson is far too slow and doesn't read the game at all, I'm not sure what Barry's job is - he's not defensive enough for a holding midfielder and does nothing in the final third either.

Associate
RTE...lol, what a joke.

For me that dive by Terry to protect the goal with his face summed up the heart of an Englishman (or what it once was).

Terry for captain.

Man of Honour
I've not seen anything quite that brilliant in a football match for a long time.

On the other hand of course, if the ball had clipped off Terrys head and gone into the back of the net, we would all be slagging him off and asking what the hell he was thinking diving in like that :)

Man of Honour
I've never heard anyone **** a player off for a deflection.

Depends upon the manner of the deflection I suppose, I've heard people **** off a player for trying to chest a ball down and deflecting it into their net when they could/should have headed it instead. But then we all know different people so are likely to have heard different things :)

Soldato
Depends upon the manner of the deflection I suppose, I've heard people **** off a player for trying to chest a ball down and deflecting it into their net when they could/should have headed it instead. But then we all know different people so are likely to have heard different things :)

If hes from norway then yes he can be slagged off.

Soldato
Don
There's a great video on youtube showing how Capello was reacting and what he was saying during the Slovenia match. Can't link it because of the 'colourful' subtitiles but it's called: El Show de Capello.

Caporegime
There's a great video on youtube showing how Capello was reacting and what he was saying during the Slovenia match. Can't link it because of the 'colourful' subtitiles but it's called: El Show de Capello.

Just had a look at it and it was quite funny....ill give it to Capello at least he shows some passion unlike Sven namely who didnt show any passion whatsoever. But a very good video of Capello blasting off when England werent playing too well.

One of the reasons why i love Maradona as a manager...he may not be brilliant at it but the passion he injects into Argentina especially at the WC is amazing...his best celebration is when they score and he bends his knees and starts to do some sort of dance whilst pointing at his players and staff...

Soldato
Just had a look at it and it was quite funny....ill give it to Capello at least he shows some passion unlike Sven namely who didnt show any passion whatsoever. But a very good video of Capello blasting off when England werent playing too well.

One of the reasons why i love Maradona as a manager...he may not be brilliant at it but the passion he injects into Argentina especially at the WC is amazing...his best celebration is when they score and he bends his knees and starts to do some sort of dance whilst pointing at his players and staff...

Passion is all well and good but it isn't everything see KK reign as england manager.......;)

Here' hoping capello has more then just some swear words and loud voice for tomorrow

Caporegime
Just had a look at it and it was quite funny....ill give it to Capello at least he shows some passion unlike Sven namely who didnt show any passion whatsoever....

And it has been shown for all the stick Sven got for lack of passion, that having a manager with loads still doesn't inject any into the players.

Same players, same formation, same lack of interest.

Caporegime

Whats that all about with pearce? I bet pearce loves being spoken too like that and nudged all over the bench. :D

"BARRY!, the ****ing ball, BARRY!"

Awesome.

Caporegime
And it has been shown for all the stick Sven got for lack of passion, that having a manager with loads still doesn't inject any into the players.

Same players, same formation, same lack of interest.

Well yes that goes without saying...my point being which you obviously missed was that its about time we had a manager who shows some passion rather than sit there like a pleb and wonder why its all going wrong.

Im pretty sure the players do take notice of Capello raging on the sidelines...sure it probably doesnt help in getting the players to play better but still its better than nothing i suppose.

Soldato
I thought I'd mention that in defence of anticonscience, and going against what I had previously thought, I did actually hear an american sports journalist on talksport radio today talking to Hawksbee and Jacobs. He said there's 3 main competitive sports. American Football is number one, followed by baseball I think, and I can't remember the third, probably basketball.

He then went on to say "More american kids are playing football than any other sport". I'm pretty sure he was talking about english football. So, I guess anticonscience is right.

Caporegime
I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to but from what I've seen the problem is most American adults still see football (soccer) as exactly that, a kids sport.

It will probably take a few more generations to really take off over there, but MLS has come a hell of a long way since it was introduced on the back of USA '94.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom