♡♡♡♡♡♡♡ World Cup 2014 - Brazil, June 12 - July 13 ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Caporegime
Yup, said that a while ago, Johnson is a complete idiot and liability. Quality players exploit his crap position and lazy attitude all the time. Like Sagna and Evra of the past 3-4 years he has the attitude of staying up the pitch incase his team gets the ball back, rather than killing himself getting back just in case he's needed. The Palace game highlighted it once again, in a crucial game for the title he just watched what happened rather than got where he should be and then watched what happened. if he can do that for his entire career, and against Palace, why should he be trusted or expected to do better for England.

Against Germany the combination of him and Barry helped kill the team, both pathetic in that game and for the same reasons.

Said ages ago that Cole/Baines/Shaw, one of our world class or potentially world class lb's should be tried at RB where Johnson is barely acceptable for the prem league and Walker is barely league 2 quality. Without pace he'd be utterly utterly worthless.

3 great LB's and 2 RB's that barely count as footballers and we don't even check if one of the LB's can play RB to a reasonable level, ridiculous.

Soldato
Against Germany the combination of him and Barry helped kill the team, both pathetic in that game and for the same reasons.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves... Germany were better for 90% of the game in every position. That we could have drawn level (indeed did draw level) was an aberration. You can't pick out individuals when the entire team was utterly woeful.

Soldato
4 of the front 6 you've named have spent the last 4-5 months switching between a 4-3-3 and a 4-4-2 diamond. Surely it's just common sense to use that system with those players? Lallana and Rooney easily slot into either system and you can switch between both systems with the same 6 players from game to game or even during games.

-------Gerrard
---Hendo---Lallana
-------Sterling
--Sturridge-Rooney

or

-------Gerrard
---Hendo---Lallana
Rooney-------Sterling
-------Sturridge

Yeah, our back 4/5 is pretty much known so the other guys can swap and move around the pitch. Milner might get a start because his stamina is so good. We'll need it over 90 mins up in Manaus..

Soldato
The diamond seems like suicide in Manaus at least. That requires the full backs to bomb forward all game to provide width. They'll be knackered b half time in that heat.

Man of Honour
I'm impressed with the squad, it has a good mix of youth and experience and with players like Lallana, Sterling and Barkley you have people who are capable of doing something special on the ball, taking it down and running past people. England haven't had that enough in the past and it's good to see the young talent getting a chance.

I'm in two minds over the whole Baines/Cole/Shaw situation. I personally believe that Baines has been the best left-back in England for the past two years, but Cole has always been excellent for England and has never let anyone down. While I understand Hodgson's reasoning for leaving him out (he sees Baines and his number one and wants Shaw to get some experience), I feel Cole's omission could be a problem if Baines gets injured.

I hope Jones doesn't recover well and Stones gets called up. Stones looked better in the games he played for Everton than Jones has ever looked. He's an England captain of the future IMO, so I'd love to see him get some experience now.

Soldato
Uruguay

Goalkeeper: Fernando Muslera, Rodrigo Muñoz, Martín Silva

Defence: Diego Lugano, Diego Godín, José María Giménez, Martín Cáceres, Maxi Pereira, Jorge Fucile, Sebastián Coates

Midfield: Arévalo Ríos, Walter Gargano, Diego Pérez, Sebastián Eguren, Álvaro “Tata” González, Alejandro Silva, Álvaro Pereira, Cristian Rodríguez, Gastón Ramírez, Nicolás Lodeiro

Attack: Edinson Cavani, Luis Suárez, Diego Forlán, Abel Hernández, Cristian Stuani

Reserves: Andrés Scotti, Alvaro Fernández, Gonzalo Castro

I counted 25, so probably has to remove 2.

Associate
Comparing Spain's squad to ours makes me cry.

Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), Pepe Reina (Napoli), David De Gea (Manchester United)

Defenders: Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea), Gerard Pique (Barcelona), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid) Jordi Alba (Barcelona), Alberto Moreno (Sevilla), Javi Martinez (Bayern Munich), Raul Albiol (Napoli), Juanfran (Atletico Madrid), Dani Carvajal (Real Madrid)

Midfielders: Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid), Koke (Atletico Madrid), Ander Iturraspe (Athletic Bilbao), Xavi (Barcelona), Thiago Alcantara (Bayern Munich), Pedro (Barcelona), Jesus Navas (Manchester City), David Silva (Manchester City), Cesc Fabregas (Barcelona), Juan Mata (Manchester United), Santi Cazorla (Arsenal), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona)

Forwards: Diego Costa (Atletico Madrid), David Villa (Atletico Madrid), Alvaro Negredo (Manchester City), Fernando Torres (Chelsea), Fernando Llorente (Juvetus)

Soldato
Bng7fXFCcAAjVp-.jpg

Can't take Prandelli's **** anymore, do I will be rooting for these guys!

Nainggolan on the reserve list makes me cry though. Deserves it over Defour, Dembele and Fellaini

Last edited:
Soldato
Will definitely be supporting Belgium in addition to England given my family is from there. Squad looks pretty good on paper so hopefully they can do well, they will probably go further than England :p

Still looking for somewhere reputable to buy the away shirt from though.

Caporegime
I'm impressed with the squad, it has a good mix of youth and experience and with players like Lallana, Sterling and Barkley you have people who are capable of doing something special on the ball, taking it down and running past people. England haven't had that enough in the past and it's good to see the young talent getting a chance.

I'm in two minds over the whole Baines/Cole/Shaw situation. I personally believe that Baines has been the best left-back in England for the past two years, but Cole has always been excellent for England and has never let anyone down. While I understand Hodgson's reasoning for leaving him out (he sees Baines and his number one and wants Shaw to get some experience), I feel Cole's omission could be a problem if Baines gets injured.

I hope Jones doesn't recover well and Stones gets called up. Stones looked better in the games he played for Everton than Jones has ever looked. He's an England captain of the future IMO, so I'd love to see him get some experience now.

Best left back in England? I thought you preached he was the best left back in Europe? haha.

England squad is pretty much as expected. Really though, Lampard?

Man of Honour
Ivory Coast

Goalkeepers: Copa Barry (Lokeren), Gbohouo Sylvain (Sewe Sport), Sayouba Mandé (Stabaek), Badra Ali (ASEC Mimosas).

Defenders: Kolo Touré (Liverpool), Bamba Souleyman (Trabzonspor), Jean Daniel Akpa Akpro (Toulouse), Arthur Boka (Stuttgart), Serge Aurier (Toulouse), Brice Dja Djédjé (Marseille), Didier Zokora (Trabzonspor), Benjamin Angoua Brou (Valenciennes), Ousman Vieira (Caykur Rizespor).

Midfielders: Cheick Tioté (Newcastle), Yaya Touré (Manchester City), Romaric (Bastia), Max-Alain Gradel (St Etienne), Ismaël Diomandé (St Etienne), Didier Ya Konan (Hannover 96), Constant Djakpa (Eintracht Frankfurt), Geoffroy Serey Dié (Basel).

Strikers: Wilfried Bony (Swansea), Didier Drogba (Galatasaray), Gervinho (Roma), Giovanni Sio (Basel), Seydou Doumbia (CSKA Moscow), Lacina Traoré (Monaco), Salomon Kalou (Lille).

Back
Top Bottom