♡♡♡♡♡♡♡ World Cup 2014 - Brazil, June 12 - July 13 ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Caporegime
---------- Hart ----------

Johnson --- Jags ---- Cahill ---- Baines

Henderson ---- Gerrard

Sterling ---- Barkley ----- Lallana

--------- Sturridge -------

The only issue is that Roy will have them play more like Newcastle rather than us or Liverpool have this season.

Man of Honour
Switzerland

Goalkeepers: Diego Benaglio (VfL Wolfsburg), Yann Sommer (FC Basel), Roman Buerki (Grasshoppers)

Defenders: Johan Djourou (Hamburg SV), Michael Lang (Grasshoppers), Stephan Lichtsteiner (Juventus), Ricardo Rodriguez (VfL Wolfsburg), Fabian Schaer (FC Basel), Philippe Senderos (Valencia), Steve von Bergen (Young Boys), Reto Ziegler (Sassuolo)

Midfielders: Tranquillo Barnetta (Eintracht Frankfurt), Valon Behrami (Napoli), Blerim Dzemaili (Napoli), Gelson Fernandes (Freiburg), Gokhan Inler (Napoli), Xherdan Shaqiri (Bayern Munich), Valentin Stocker (FC Basel), Granit Xhaka (Borussia Moenchengladbach)

Forwards: Josip Drmic (Nuremberg), Mario Gavranovic (FC Zurich), Haris Seferovic (Real Socieded), Admir Mehmedi (Freiburg)

Caporegime
So if Hodgson said to Cole that he wants youth for the England team then the mind truly boggles as to why Fat Frank was chosen to go to Brazil:confused:. I can see why Gerrard is going as he has performed pretty well this season but Fat frank??, what has he done this season??...cant recall him doing much when he has played.

Seriously though should have taken Cole for his experience in these types of tournaments. Even though hes getting on a bit, hes still a very good lb for Chelsea and England imo. Think its a huge mistake not taking him, i mean Shaw is good been very impressive this season but if Baines gets injured, putting an inexperienced Shaw in could backfire spectacularly on England.

Man of Honour
UN to Share Two Million Condoms in Brazil...

But.....

But the President of Nigeria Football Supporters’ Club, Dr Rafiu Ladipo, said the UN gesture would barely meet fans’ demand for one day.
Ladipo said that football fans coming to the World Cup would require a cache of about 62 million packs of condoms.

‘’ Are you kidding? Two million condoms will be exhausted in just a day. We must provide more for fans because we are going to Brazil without our wives where we intend to spend on the average of 31 days,’’ Ladipo declared.

Man of Honour
So if Hodgson said to Cole that he wants youth for the England team then the mind truly boggles as to why Fat Frank was chosen to go to Brazil:confused:. I can see why Gerrard is going as he has performed pretty well this season but Fat frank??, what has he done this season??...cant recall him doing much when he has played.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with Hodgson taking Lampard, but it's easier to take him as he's one of only two really experienced CMs in our squad, with other younger players besides him.

Man of Honour
Hopefully Frank stays on the bench for most of it.. and I say that as a Chelsea fan. I just want to see a young team working together and see what they can do. The style of the 'old guard' has never won anything so clearly we need a new gameplan.

Don
---------- Hart ----------

Johnson --- Jags ---- Cahill ---- Baines

Henderson ---- Gerrard

Sterling ---- Barkley ----- Lallana

--------- Sturridge -------

The only issue is that Roy will have them play more like Newcastle rather than us or Liverpool have this season.

Did you see what happened when Liverpool played Gerrard and Henderson in a 4-2-3-1? Villa ran all over them. If you're going to play Gerrard as a deep lying midfielder then you need to play a 3 man midfield or somebody more disciplined alongside him.

Soldato
Henderson has done OK when sitting in front of Gerrard even with Coutinho bombing on. It means Liverpool had to do without some of Henderson's strengths (athleticism box-to-box), but I thought it worked OK. Protection for the back four was OK, it was the back four themselves!

I can't see Barkley starting any games to be honest. I don't think he's consistent enough yet, though he does have flashes of brilliance and may be called upon in later in games.

It'll either be:
  • 4-5-1 with a deep midfielder, 2 central midfielders and 2 wide men/wingers, or
  • 4-3-3 with 2 neutral midfielders and probably Wilshire with Rooney up front or Rooney in the hole behind Sturridge.

Soldato
The difference between Cole and Lampard is the fact that either Carrick or Cleverly would replace him where as either Baines or Shaw would be left at home if Cole went. I do however think the idea of trying one of the quality LBs at RB wouldn't be a bad idea.

Soldato
So many are not even worthy of being there

Buffon, Sirigu, Perin

Criscito, De Sciglio, Santon, Abate/Romulo/Maggio/De Silvestri

Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli, Astori/Paletta/Ranocchia

De Rossi, Marchisio, Pirlo, Thiago Motta, Verratti, Aquilani/Parolo/Montolivo

Candreva, Cerci, Florenzi

Balotelli, Rossi, Destro, Immobile

I named 24 players. Up to Prandelli if he wants to take an extra CM, or an extra full back. I would take 2 full backs. If there is a FB crisis, move Chiellini to LB, De Rossi to CB and Florenzi to MC. De Siglio and Santon can play LB or RB.

Wherever I used a /, just chose out of them. I was just listing some mediocre subs, who imo, should be called up but not played even for one minute.

Last edited:
Soldato
Santon should be nowhere near the WC. Unless when they play us, that'd be fun.

Nor should the alternatives. Only De Sciglio is the only decent full back, and he is not even a constant starter at Milan. Just trying to get the best out of the absolute worst.

I see England being better than Italy. Italy's full backs are crap, along with a lot of the reserves.

Soldato
Nor should the alternatives. Only De Sciglio is the only decent full back, and he is not even a constant starter at Milan. Just trying to get the best out of the absolute worst.

I see England being better than Italy. Italy's full backs are crap, along with a lot of the reserves.
Do Italy not play 3 at the back anyway? Italian fullbacks are a rarity. Decent ones even more so.

Soldato
Do Italy not play 3 at the back anyway? Italian fullbacks are a rarity. Decent ones even more so.

3-5-2 is a terrible formation, even more if Prandelli decides to play Cerci and Candreva on the wings!

He wanted to swap to 3-5-2 but it never worked well. Think he will play with 4 at the back this tournament.

Soldato
10371520_694608717278463_392582180098824748_n.png

Official list. How crap.

Back
Top Bottom