World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

None for me either

No movement for me either, yet. Also, I've seen on reddit bunch of posts by US customers of Dell, where Dell canceled quite a few orders that had discounts applied to them, for this monitor - after a while of these being stuck in state of "Confirmed" and some even in "Production", citing pricing error. But not all of them - many were sent out. It all seems to depend on how Dell feels like doing case by case, it would seem. Hopefully this will go through, but it did make me worried a bit.

I don't think i would worry about it, unless they are putting the cable in the box at the warehouse before hand.

Mine semed like it was sealed from factory.

Yeah fingers crossed!

Is it just a power/kettle cable for the monitor? If so and it is missing, I'll just use one of my many spare!

Going to note in it in my email anyway just to cover all bits.

No movement for me either, yet. Also, I've seen on reddit bunch of posts by US customers of Dell, where Dell canceled quite a few orders that had discounts applied to them, for this monitor - after a while of these being stuck in state of "Confirmed" and some even in "Production", citing pricing error. But not all of them - many were sent out. It all seems to depend on how Dell feels like doing case by case, it would seem. Hopefully this will go through, but it did make me worried a bit.

If that is the case, I'll be kicking up a stink! Can't be doing that for some and not all.....

1099 without discounts, but most of us have used various codes to get it down to 850 - 900 range.

Apparently problem with most of these codes is that they're targeted at specific companies/partners of Dell and weren't supposed to be used by general public. Which is why Dell cancelled a bunch of such orders in US (as per Reddit). Same with leaked Premier direct links. Though, a lot were sent out with these codes without issues (as even shown here), so fingers crossed it will be fine. I reckon it depends on how many people "abused" this system - if it's a handful only, they likely won't care to cancel and risk bad PR. But if it's a really large number, then Dell might decide to just cut it off at some point and cancel the rest.

In either case, it's their own fault for letting anyone just enter any discount code without warning about "This code is only for this or that organisation" - not really customer's fault.

Such a good price even at 1099

What are the discounts?

I got 22% off with Blue Light Dell discount, some others have gotten discounts through ebay, also some other generic codes.

This is one of the generic ones, i never applied this one as i didn't see it till after. but the blue light discount was good enough for me.

UKAW3423DW5

Apparently problem with most of these codes is that they're targeted at specific companies/partners of Dell and weren't supposed to be used by general public. Which is why Dell cancelled a bunch of such orders in US (as per Reddit). Same with leaked Premier direct links. Though, a lot were sent out with these codes without issues (as even shown here), so fingers crossed it will be fine. I reckon it depends on how many people "abused" this system - if it's a handful only, they likely won't care to cancel and risk bad PR. But if it's a really large number, then Dell might decide to just cut it off at some point and cancel the rest.

In either case, it's their own fault for letting anyone just enter any discount code without warning about "This code is only for this or that organisation" - not really customer's fault.

I wouldn't be surprised if that is why some people are seeing their orders take longer even though they got them in at the same time as i did.
Mine was a legitimate NHS Blue light discount code. You have to request a code through a special app to get them.

Not really followed this thread since in almost doubled in size in the past 24 hours! :p Why on Dells site does it say
Original Price £1,423.50
Dell Price £1,099.99
Save £323.51 (23%)

Its only just been released so how can it have an orginal price of £1423.50? Are Dell pulling a fast one to sound like your getting a deal or is the £1099.99 price just a launch offer and it will increase to £1423.50 in the future?

I wouldn't be surprised if that is why some people are seeing their orders take longer even though they got them in at the same time as i did.
Mine was a legitimate NHS Blue light discount code. You have to request a code through a special app to get them.

Hmm, yes I wonder. Mine was a legit Advantage code (they should be able to see this as I've used them before), but I guess they might be double checking some of them. @Mauller @Iron Man since you got yours pretty quick, did you use any single use codes or only the public ones?

It’s not my on packing order slip. The uk plug that is. I never have much luck. This is on the back of three faulty Samsung neo g9. Is someone gonna start a best settings thread?

Hmm, yes I wonder. Mine was a legit Advantage code (they should be able to see this as I've used them before), but I guess they might be double checking some of them. @Mauller @Iron Man since you got yours pretty quick, did you use any single use codes or only the public ones?

Mine was a single use code. I also only used the Blue light code. You request for a code on the Blue Light App then have to redeem it in so many days.

It’s not my on packing order slip. The uk plug that is. I never have much luck. This is on the back of three faulty Samsung neo g9. Is someone gonna start a best settings thread?

Apparently from a few reviews i have seen, the default mode when run in SDR or HDR 400 is supposed to be pretty smack on where it needs to be.

HDR1000 mode starts to overshoot the green and reds at higher intensities. but that it likely since it's a monitor and doesn't have any extra processing logic to compensate.

Damn UPS, it was supposed to be here 9:45-13:45 and still nothing. Waiting specially for it...
b16.jpg

Back
Top Bottom