World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Damn UPS, it was supposed to be here 9:45-13:45 and still nothing. Waiting specially for it...
b16.jpg

I'll swap with you, you can be waiting for it to even be shipped, I'll wait for it to appear today :)

I got 22% off with Blue Light Dell discount, some others have gotten discounts through ebay, also some other generic codes.

This is one of the generic ones, i never applied this one as i didn't see it till after. but the blue light discount was good enough for me.

UKAW3423DW5

So, I poked gently through my company and our assigned Dell's rep - this code above is 23% discount code for staff of Dell's parners to use for hardware purchased that will be used at staff's homes. In this case specifically it's a generic code but description of it in Dell's system currently is "23% discount on Alienware monitors (excluding AW3423DW).". Ergo, in theory, it should NOT work on the monitor in question and yet it did for quite a few (including me) - these orders MIGHT get cancelled. But maybe not, as it also is Dell's fault to not exclude their new monitor from this discount in time.

They also offer a bunch of other discount codes (for Alienware monitors it's usually 23%), even specific per organisation or user. I got from them my personal codes now too, however now ALL of them say they should NOT work on this new monitor (but should work with all other Alienware ones). Again, it's an error on Dell's side of things and again, there's risk of them canceling these orders.

Hmm, yes I wonder. Mine was a legit Advantage code (they should be able to see this as I've used them before), but I guess they might be double checking some of them. @Mauller @Iron Man since you got yours pretty quick, did you use any single use codes or only the public ones?
I used single use codes I received from Dell after I gave them my works e-mail address so they could confirm my eligibility.

I used single use codes I received from Dell after I gave them my works e-mail address so they could confirm my eligibility.
Same. Can’t see how they would cancel those. I mean they sent it out for you, so mine should be fine too.

Same now, however, all the ones I got from them, and what also my company's Dell rep confirmed to me, should NOT work on AW3423DW - that is an error on Dell's side of things and it's unknown what they will do with these discounted orders that haven't been yet shipped.

Same now, however, all the ones I got from them, and what also Dell rep confirmed to me, should NOT work on AW3423DW - that is an error on Dell's side of things and it's unknown what they will do with these discounted orders that haven't been yet shipped.
But the code specifically says Alienware monitors…

But the code specifically says Alienware monitors…

I quote what mine says: "23% discount on Alienware monitors (excluding AW3423DW)." - it would seem Dell messed it up, sent out these codes without that info initially, realised people use them on AW3423DW after they already sent out a bunch. Now they're pondering internally what to do with the rest and likely it will depend on numbers, as I predicted earlier. If there's not many, likely all will be sent out discounted. But if they would lose too much money on it, they will likely just cancel the rest.

If Dell do cancel my order then I'll just wait for the Samsung 34" G8QNB.

Likewise - I am not in a big hurry. Plus, if these get canceled and we need to re-order, wait time seems to be MUCH larger now (weeks to months even), on new orders. Samsung might be simply available first anyway.

I used a code sent to me by Dell from the student portal. I sent it to a Dell customer service person who raised the invoice and sent me the URL so I could complete the payment with the 23% discount.
The code states "23% discount on Alienware monitors", no exclusions. I received the coupons from Dell a week ago.
Will be pretty poor of them to cancel orders if they didn't learn from the US release, although given the majority of us are still waiting to move past the confirmation stage doesn't gain my confidence.

Am I right in thinking that those that have received the monitor paid the pre 8am price of around £1.4k?

Last edited:
I quote what mine says: "23% discount on Alienware monitors (excluding AW3423DW)." - it would seem Dell messed it up, sent out these codes without that info initially, realised people use them on AW3423DW after they already sent out a bunch. Now they're pondering internally what to do with the rest and likely it will depend on numbers, as I predicted earlier. If there's not many, likely all will be sent out discounted. But if they would lose too much money on it, they will likely just cancel the rest.
Mine does not say that, so I am good :D

Mine does not say that, so I am good :D

Yes, none said that till very recently, when they realised what they did. The one I applied also doesn't say that. In the end, I believe Dell should honour all these orders (aside plain abuse of someone ordering 10+ with the discount code to scalp later, of course), as any error done is on their side of things, not customer's.

Starting to expect a cancellation at this point. It's taking way too long to go through to production.

That in itself doesn't have to mean much - I've seen posts where people received monitor already yet on Dell's website it didn't even move to production yet. Glitches in their system do happen.

Starting to expect a cancellation at this point. It's taking way too long to go through to production.

Yup it's inevitable at this stage now :( If it still hasn't progressed to production by end of day, 100% guaranteed it'll be pushed back.

Yes, none said that till very recently, when they realised what they did. The one I applied also doesn't say that. In the end, I believe Dell should honour all these orders (aside plain abuse of someone ordering 10+ with the discount code to scalp later, of course), as any error done is on their side of things, not customer's.

Yeah there's no way they can't honour it if people have got theirs delivered for the same price, through the same methods. As said, a lot will kick up a stink if they do, especially the "legit" ones i.e. people who work for said companies that are partners with dell.

Back
Top Bottom