World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Man of Honour
Have to say very impressed with my replacement from before. NO lines, no marks, and I've been using it as I WFH too so it's going 20 hours at a time even before a pixel refresh usually.
I have a weekend of photo editing from yesterday's wedding now too so will get a full runthrough on how colour etc is when editing in anger but initial impressions are very positive. Will post a pic or two later.

Soldato
Have to say very impressed with my replacement from before. NO lines, no marks, and I've been using it as I WFH too so it's going 20 hours at a time even before a pixel refresh usually.
I have a weekend of photo editing from yesterday's wedding now too so will get a full runthrough on how colour etc is when editing in anger but initial impressions are very positive. Will post a pic or two later.

Still got a 2 month wait for my first monitor to arrive... let alone any replacement =(

Soldato
Mine had the marks around the edge/corners of the front panel from packaging that I cba to use extra elbow grease on to try to remove so Dell just replaced it.
Mines waiting to be replaced. I had those same marks when you shine a light on the screen but I would have kept it had I not had an issue with the OSD joystick which just outright did not work.

Soldato
Even on an expensive monitor guaranteeing a faultless panel would make them substantially more expensive.

But surely cheaper than having to pay for return shipping of the faulty one and shipping out a new one, along with all the additional warehouse work etc. around arranging the return etc. since I'm sure 99.9% of people spending this much on a monitor would send it back with any dead pixels?

Associate
Couple of points of feedback:

- ABL = I've yet to see it kick in. I'm using Windows + Alt + B to toggle HDR on/off and I don't like having HDR on at all times

- Whites = I'm used to oled blacks but never have I seen whites this pure. Not on any oled, lcd, etc. Forget the blacks, get this for the whites! On top of being pure in appearance, there is no DSE or any color tint to the image

that's a really handy shortcut. I like to keep it in SDR unless I am watching a HDR video. I can definitely notice the ABL

Back
Top Bottom