World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Interesting... Just had a call from Syncreon about collecting my old monitor on Monday, even though the replacement isn't due till September!

Seems that Dell still have no idea what they're doing :cry:
In the past they used to have two guys come over to bring you a monitor and.ollect the old one the next day. Happened to me twice. But that was 10+ years ago.

Unless the monitor I have is completely dead I would not let them take it unless you get one at the same time or beforehand.

Soldato
In the past they used to have two guys come over to bring you a monitor and.ollect the old one the next day. Happened to me twice. But that was 10+ years ago.

Unless the monitor I have is completely dead I would not let them take it unless you get one at the same time or beforehand.

Yeah, that's what I told them - hoping I get the replacement a day or 2 before so I can check it over before giving mine back!

Soldato
Had an email on Friday saying mine should be with me tomorrow, but I'm away until late Tuesday so I've changed the delivery to wednesday. Fingers crossed for no problems and an undamaged box!

Man of Honour
Mine is still running great. No issues with pixel refresh taking ages etc. No retention lines either like the first one I had did and needed a panel refresh. My pixel refreshes are typically running 20 hours apart but I do turn it off most 4 hour intervals that am using the PC if I am at the desk otherwise it sits on the black screen screen saver day in day out.

Associate
Mine is still running great. No issues with pixel refresh taking ages etc. No retention lines either like the first one I had did and needed a panel refresh. My pixel refreshes are typically running 20 hours apart but I do turn it off most 4 hour intervals that am using the PC if I am at the desk otherwise it sits on the black screen screen saver day in day out.

Do you notice it flashing white briefly as the black screensaver comes on?

Soldato
Same here. Though I did get what happened to someone else recently to me yesterday morning. I turned the monitor on and it immediately proceeded to run a pixel refresh cycle. Made me laugh.
Strange, I had this as well on Saturday morning...

So far my only fault (other than the dead pixel) is the lighting not behaving itself nicely, I guess I could probably fix it by installing the alienfx software

Soldato
OP
Samsung goes all in, announces its shutting down its LCD manufacturing next month in June, moving all staff over to its OLED manufacturing. Guess MicroLED is no more as well

Soldato
To clarify, Samsung Display are shutting down LCD manufacturing but Samsung Electronics (the company that actually sells monitors and TVs to us consumers) will continue to make LCD displays, just with panels sourced from other companies.

Soldato
Samsung goes all in, announces its shutting down its LCD manufacturing next month in June, moving all staff over to its OLED manufacturing. Guess MicroLED is no more as well

Cheaper to get the Chinese to make your lcd panels that make your own. MicroLED will come from the TCL at some point amongst others.

China has a vast amount of lcd panels makers some of them not even that old.

Man of Honour
The one thing that I don't like about this is the plastic construction. The LG 34UM95P I had was framed in a stainless steel frame around the outer edge so when you held it or touched it, it was solid feeling. Because this is all plastic, you get that creaky noise when you touch it after it's been on/off for some time and the plastic expands/contracts and then rubs against each joining panel.

not a major bother but a little annoyance given the price as it's not a budget end monitor so I expect solid construction. If the outer frame was the same metal the front lower bezel is then that would have been enough I reckon.

Back
Top Bottom