World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Soldato
Lies. I would hapily go back to 4K 16:9 ;)

Sadly nothing else comes close to this monitor currently as far as I am concerned. Only option is an LG OLED TV.

Yeah this is the issue. Before I'd even experienced oled I hated the glowing in dark areas with IPS and even VA panels were more grey than black.
Once I got my CX I realised I can't ever have a non oled. Got an OLED laptop as well.

I gave up looking, the only ones I saw were professional ones and I wanted gsync etc. This one took me by surprise as I haven't checked news for ages. I may surprise myself I guess. I suppose it's the same as when I play PS2 games with the black bars.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah this is the issue. Before I'd even experienced oled I hated the glowing in dark areas with IPS and even VA panels were more grey than black.
Once I got my CX I realised I can't ever have a non oled. Got an OLED laptop as well.

I gave up looking, the only ones I saw were professional ones and I wanted gsync etc. This one took me by surprise as I haven't checked news for ages. I may surprise myself I guess. I suppose it's the same as when I play PS2 games with the black bars.

Yep. If I can help it I plan on staying OLED or something else that is better in the future. It is just so much better imo.

This monitor in. 27-32” size 16:9 4K would be awesome. Ideally without the fan, but to be honest it has not bothered me much as I thought it might. Especially now, as I just turn off all power to my pc and monitor from the switch which means fan has no choich but to turn off once I am done :p

Soldato
I just saw there are the 48" ones but that's basically a TV branded as a monitor. Knock 8 inches off that and I could use it. Then again, my desk is deeper than my last one so who knows.

Soldato
LG also have a 42” now. Still a bit on the big side, but doable :)
I thought I read no VRR/GSYNC like the CX but maybe I misread that.
Got a 42inch TV in spare lounge. Might just put on my desk and see how it feels.

Edit. 979 in Costco. Thats put a spanner in the works. Oh it does have Gsync....

Soldato
I got this for much cheaper, so it was a no brainier for me :D
Confused. Thought you have the Alienware. The monitor is £934 with my discount plus about £45 cash back. Do you mean the monitor was a lot less than the C2 for you?

Another advantage would be I could use my PS5 properly with the C2.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Confused. Thought you have the Alienware. The monitor is £934 with my discount plus about £45 cash back. Do you mean the monitor was a lot less than the C2 for you?

Another advantage would be I could use my PS5 properly with the C2.
I am saying I got it for way less than £924.

Yep, consoles are a lot more ideal on the LG OLED TV.

Soldato
OP
LG also have a 42” now. Still a bit on the big side, but doable :)

Sadly the 42 is a cut down panel with significantly lower brightness than the 48, it also handles colors significantly worse than the 48. When WOLED goes under 48 inches, the pixel and heat density at 4k becomes too much so LG had to downgrade the 42 inch model to make it work.

LG has a 27 inch 1440p 240hz WOLED monitor coming and due to the lower density this won't have the issues that the 42inch C2 has, this will probably be the next option people can look it if they don't want a curved ultrawide

Last edited:
Soldato
Sadly the 42 is a cut down panel with significantly lower brightness than the 48, it also handles colors worse than the 48

I only game in dark so that isn't an issue for me personally. It seems a lot better value than this monitor anyway. Shame I can't get the monitor from the place with the trees as it's easy to return there if I didn't like it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Sadly the 42 is a cut down panel with significantly lower brightness than the 48, it also handles colors significantly worse than the 48. When WOLED goes under 48 inches, the pixel and heat density at 4k becomes too much so LG had to downgrade the 42 inch model to make it work.

LG has a 27 inch 1440p 240hz OLED monitor coming and due to the lower density this won't have the issues that the 42inch C2 has, this will probably be the next option people can look it if they don't want a curved ultrawide

Ah shame.

What monitor are you using these days? Did you get that Samsung VA panel you was on about a while back? :p

Soldato
I got an LG C2 42" on wednesday and returned it, it's lovely for video etc but text on windows desktop was very dull and quickly started causing me eye strain.

Caporegime
I just saw there are the 48" ones but that's basically a TV branded as a monitor. Knock 8 inches off that and I could use it. Then again, my desk is deeper than my last one so who knows.
I had the Alienware briefly but found it a little small for my use-case (gaming/media/movies etc). Picked up an FO48U from BGrade and whilst it was kinda WHOA large at first I'm gradually getting used to it, but my desk is roughly 75/80cm deep thankfully which really helps.

Soldato
I had the Alienware briefly but found it a little small for my use-case (gaming/media/movies etc). Picked up an FO48U from BGrade and whilst it was kinda WHOA large at first I'm gradually getting used to it, but my desk is roughly 75/80cm deep thankfully which really helps.

Just measured and mine is 80cm deep. I think 5cm more than my last one. I used to have a 32" curved screen and I recall playing WOW (dont play anymore) and I'd struggle to see what was going on outside directly in front of me as I tended to focus just in the middle. Due to the way the stand was, it was a lot closer to my face though, so I don't think size will be an issue here. As I said, I am going to put the 42" tv on my desk today and use for work and see if that helps get an idea. I have to order the monitor from DEll if I get it as that is where my discounts work.
The 48U seems a bit more attractive due to the working with consoles again, and also it's more for less £.

Soldato
Just measured and mine is 80cm deep. I think 5cm more than my last one. I used to have a 32" curved screen and I recall playing WOW (dont play anymore) and I'd struggle to see what was going on outside directly in front of me as I tended to focus just in the middle. Due to the way the stand was, it was a lot closer to my face though, so I don't think size will be an issue here. As I said, I am going to put the 42" tv on my desk today and use for work and see if that helps get an idea. I have to order the monitor from DEll if I get it as that is where my discounts work.
The 48U seems a bit more attractive due to the working with consoles again, and also it's more for less £.
I'm building a desk into an alcove about 1m deep, what size screen do you think would be comfortable at that distance?

Caporegime
With eco on, I've noticed when the monitor comes back on from standby, colours are very over saturated to start with, after time, the colour returns to normal, didn't have this with eco off.

Soldato
I'm building a desk into an alcove about 1m deep, what size screen do you think would be comfortable at that distance?
I wouldn't like to say, I feel it's really subjective. I'm using a 24" for work and even that seems fine. From past experience I always felt 27" was the sweet spot, but if I had an extra 20cm depth I'd imagine that would scale to 30-32. Sounds silly but one thing I did before was cut cardboard to the size of various screen and see how it would (sort of) look.

Back
Top Bottom