World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

I sent my AW3423DW back, but that was because of flicker. Now I'm in conflict wither to buy the DW or the DWF. If Linus is essentially saying why pay more for gsync when freesync pro will work fine, I dont know then either why buy the DW over it. I'm using a 2080Ti.

But the DW is currently less isn't it? £943

Last edited:
I spoke with Dell regarding my screen marks and ended up receiving a replacement today (in reality I wanted to return it due to fan noise as mentioned in my previous post).

I have now set up the new monitor, manufactured in August 22 with latest M0B102 firmware and the fan noise is SIGNIFICANTLY reduced. It's still audible, but no longer at the rather uncomfortable high pitched frequency. No pixel issues either and no only a few minor marks on the panel (only visible if I point flashlight at certain angles) this time which I'll wipe off.

They're due to collect the old one next Tuesday.

I spoke with Dell regarding my screen marks and ended up receiving a replacement today (in reality I wanted to return it due to fan noise as mentioned in my previous post).

I have now set up the new monitor, manufactured in August 22 with latest M0B102 firmware and the fan noise is SIGNIFICANTLY reduced. It's still audible, but no longer at the rather uncomfortable high pitched frequency. No pixel issues either and no only a few minor marks on the panel (only visible if I point flashlight at certain angles) this time which I'll wipe off.

They're due to collect the old one next Tuesday.

Great news! I'm just about to unbox mine and hope I have a good one.

Bit the bullet and ordered the AW3423DW, can't wait. Hopefully it comes tomorrow!

Will it mount onto any standard VESA 100x100?

Bit the bullet and ordered the AW3423DW, can't wait. Hopefully it comes tomorrow!

Will it mount onto any standard VESA 100x100?
Yup i've got mine mounted on one of the AmazonBasics monitor arm mounts, works a treat. There'll be an adapter in the box that you need to hook onto the back of the monitor (simple push click installation) which provides the VESA support.

You're in for a treat, provided no QC issues!

I ordered one yesterday and got an order delayed email. Now expected 25/11
I had the same for both my original unit and replacement, they estimated it for a week later but in the evening on both occasions they shipped it much sooner and arrived the next day.

I expect yours will also come much sooner, they might ship Monday and you'll receive it Tuesday. So take the revised expected date with a massive pinch of salt :-)

I had the same for both my original unit and replacement, they estimated it for a week later but in the evening on both occasions they shipped it much sooner and arrived the next day.

I expect yours will also come much sooner, they might ship Monday and you'll receive it Tuesday. So take the revised expected date with a massive pinch of salt :)
Good to know!

May the odds be ever in your favour, friend.

If I could actually get that white panel on the back without dislodging the power cable I might actually be able to see.
Taking a breather before I just get angry and break it.

Edit I was doing it wrong

Last edited:
Ahh bugger, there goes my hopes of it coming tomorrow lol, though it did say delivery by Monday to my address, hopefully no delays.

The big one for me though is the new one does HDR with the Xbox SX. For someone who has an XBox (and if you don't then the rebuttal is obvious, or may be you do but you don't care for HDR), this is not "slightly better", this is whether it works or it doesn't. I would want something top of the line in a monitor like this to work, I do game in HDR.

So that video was useful to me in this regard.
Yeah it's interesting that it does support a 4k input on the free-sync one. That said I feel like it's only a half solution to the Xbox problem as the monitor only has HDMI 2.0 ports still, meaning 4k 60HZ not 4k 120hz.

Realistically both monitors should just support 1440p 120FPS HDR on the Xbox SX but MS still seems to not want to include that support.

I just keep my Xbox SX hooked up to my Tv instead so I can just set it to 4k 120hz with HDR and forget it.

Yeah it's interesting that it does support a 4k input on the free-sync one. That said I feel like it's only a half solution to the Xbox problem as the monitor only has HDMI 2.0 ports still, meaning 4k 60HZ not 4k 120hz.

Realistically both monitors should just support 1440p 120FPS HDR on the Xbox SX but MS still seems to not want to include that support.

I just keep my Xbox SX hooked up to my Tv instead so I can just set it to 4k 120hz with HDR and forget it.

Yeah, which is why i am holding out for the Philips's review...and a price drop. I believe the RRP on that one is like $1500.

I spoke too soon guys :-( Only noticed it when I was working on a word document since it has a white background. https://imgur.com/a/51QMVIA

OeK9YEa.jpg
nj1Hmi2.jpg
I have a feeling the replacement may have been a refurbished unit as the seal was broken but everything looked intact so I didn't make much of it. It makes sense now, what a joke.

More fun.

I spoke too soon guys :-( Only noticed it when I was working on a word document since it has a white background. https://imgur.com/a/51QMVIA

I have a feeling the replacement may have been a refurbished unit as the seal was broken but everything looked intact so I didn't make much of it. It makes sense now, what a joke.

More fun.

F, god that is so annoying. Use this next time: https://lcdtech.info/en/tests/dead.pixel.htm

I ran a Warhammer3 bench and at the start the screen did massive black flickering. Is this the 175hz issue with some stuff? More like a flash tbh, not happened at any other time.

Edit. Does it at the start but not during the rest of it so probs the software.

Why does pixel refresh decide to run when you're trying to play a game

Last edited:

OeK9YEa.jpg
nj1Hmi2.jpg

More fun.

Mine has a solitary dead pixel but it's not in an area I typically look at, annoying but not enough to do my head in thankfully.

Back
Top Bottom