World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Do you jsut turn HDR on when you play a game you know supports it? If I turn it on playing WOW for example, all my icons etc lose contrast and colours are muted, I assume as it doesn't support.

No dead pixels!

Can't comment on fan as I cannot hear it. Currently have a faulty AIO pump making more of a racket.

Need an arm so the screen sits 'behind' the speakers. Or at least more level I guess

Welcome to the club sir. Looking good!

Why does pixel refresh decide to run when you're trying to play a game

Once you choose Proceed and do not remind me option, it will only do it once it goes into standby (no display signal) or when you switch it off once a certain amount of time has passed (I believe 4 hours or there abouts).

Do you jsut turn HDR on when you play a game you know supports it? If I turn it on playing WOW for example, all my icons etc lose contrast and colours are muted, I assume as it doesn't support.

Yea I manually enable HDR before I launch games I know that support it

Leave HDR off in Windows. When a game supports HDR some of them will turn it on by themselves, some will not. If you read back through this thread, there is a utility called AutoAction. It's mentionbed somewhere in this thread. Any game that does not switch to HDR by itself, you enter in that utility and it will switch Windows to HDR and back to SDR automatically. Just remember to tick "Start With Windows" and you never have to think about it again!

Last edited:
When did you order? I ordered on 17th about 11pm and got yesterday.
Yesterday about mid-day. It was due on the 21st but was hoping to get it today if lucky else monday 21st.

Taking it with a pinch of salt as others have had delayed shipping only for it to arrive much sooner

Mine's been despatched now. So will arrive earlier then the delayed date. Just praying the quality is ok now when I receive it.

Yesterday about mid-day. It was due on the 21st but was hoping to get it today if lucky else monday 21st.

Taking it with a pinch of salt as others have had delayed shipping only for it to arrive much sooner

Think most people end up getting it earlier than delayed date, i also experienced this

I've now heard.both fans. GSYNC one is barely noticeable. The other 'breathy' one is but it hardly ever comes on, and I'd only hear it if no audio on.

Have left my default brightness at 80 as was finding any less a bit dull, though I actually quite like on 100 in all honesty.

Don't really have any games to test HDR. I'll install plague tale from game pass but Death Stranding wasn't a good showcase.

Also, I much prefer the Dc setting over the sRGB one, that one may be accurate but looks too muted for my tastes.

Last edited:
Anyone thinking of pre-ordering the 34" Odyssey G85SB? At a price of £1199, with a trade in, it doesn't seem so expensive at launch as expected..

Back
Top Bottom