World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

All setup, thankfully no dead pixels and went straight onto a VESA 100 mount.

Using your settings for now @mrk and so far so good but will tinker around a bit as time goes - yet to set up MPC but will do that later.

The monitor OSD button seems a bit flimsy to me and like it could snap off any moment, anyone else feel the same?

Yeah the joystick feels like it's loose but isn't, it sits in a socket but upside down and has some slack whereas LG's joystock sits without any slack on their ultra wides. Either way pretty normal.

The quality is insane, never thought I'd see a PC monitor reach this level anytime soon.

I've got a shortcut key setup to auto toggle HDR on desktop as HDR doesn't turn on automatically when YouTube HDR content is available which saves going into settings all the time.

Have you guys kept the original box? I guess this is a question more for those who have had replacements, did they want everything back in the original box? Thing takes up so much space!

Kind of have to send it back in one of the boxes, original or replacement's doesn't matter long as it's safely packed. I keep the box in the shed!

Windows HDR Calibration tool (creates a display profile for just HDR mode, is inactive in SDR mode): https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9N7F2SM5D1LR

cVNqSLr.png
(If a Dell/Alienware profile is visible here, remove it)

Just ran that now, will be interesting to see how it is, never really had any problems with hdr accuracy in games but definitely an improvement when using their test before and after charts.

I don't watch any hdr videos on my monitor so will be just for gaming.

Depends on the game as most games have tehir own HDR sliders etc that need tweaking to get the best results whereas HDR media is all preset so benefits more from HDR calibration I guess. I can't say if there's a massive difference as not compared side by side, but I liked what I saw so just left it lol.

No that is not the optimum way to use it as Windows is not good at HDR within the OS as it messes up SDR content. Only have HDR on during HDR games/videos etc.

Yep after 5 minutes I realized it's actually pretty bad, lesson learnt!

Now time to find some nice wallpapers to make the most of those deep blacks....

Last edited:
I ordered on the 18th and was told 24th but it arrived yesterday.

Cool, fair enough. Not in a huge rush because I don't think it will fit on my desk so need to get a new one :)

Edit: Dell have provided an "expected" delivery date of 22/12/22. Pressures off on that desk purchase then :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom