World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Soldato
Its awfully tempting to get the DWF version right now with the 10% off plus 7% cashback available on topcashback...

works out around £788?

Last edited:
Soldato
Its awfully tempting to get the DWF version right now with the 10% off plus 7% cashback available on topcashback...

works out around £788?

seDnZFj.png

Using code DAILYMAIL8MON

Tempting as I could get another £100 off using AMEX reward, making it £672.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
seDnZFj.png

Using code DAILYMAIL8MON

Tempting as I could get another £100 off using AMEX reward, making it £672.

Hopefully there will be an offer like that next year. Somewhat tempted now to go for it and sell my G-Sync one. But not worth the faff. But when I am down to less than a year warranty, that will make it worth it :D

Soldato
FYI if you sign up to Dell’s Newsletter you get a one off 5% code emailed to you, which I used in conjunction with the dailymail code. I also used £15 worth of points I had and it came to £718 which seems like a great price. If you can get a further £100 off with cashback that’s a phenomenal deal.

Last edited:
Soldato

works out around £788?

Not sure about the topcashback:

"What will stop me getting cashback?
Using a promotional/voucher code not posted and approved by TopCashback."

This is pretty standard for them, I've still had cashback at times in this situation, but also had it declined.

Associate
That pixel refresh warning message is pretty annoying. Even after pressing it and the monitor does its thing. Switch the monitor back on and the warning is pinging up again.

Associate
it'll do that every 4 hours of use unless you disable it within the Monitor settings
For sure its not every 4 hours of use. For example I have dinner so I press the power button to switch it off. The pixel refresh comes on so I do it. Finish dinner and switch monitor back on and the frigging warning is the first thing I see. Also when I first start my PC for the first time when I get home from work it comes on. Haven't even used the monitor yet and its asking me to do a pixel refresh

Soldato
For sure its not every 4 hours of use. For example I have dinner so I press the power button to switch it off. The pixel refresh comes on so I do it. Finish dinner and switch monitor back on and the frigging warning is the first thing I see. Also when I first start my PC for the first time when I get home from work it comes on. Haven't even used the monitor yet and its asking me to do a pixel refresh
Maybe switching off the monitor prevents it from running the refresh and then announces that you need to run it when you turn it back on?

To know its doing the refresh the power button turns green, leaving it on standby will run the refresh automatically

Last edited:
Associate
Maybe switching off the monitor prevents it from running the refresh and then announces that you need to run it when you turn it back on?

To know its doing the refresh the power button turns green, leaving it on standby will run the refresh automatically
Yup 100% its doing the refresh. The monitor stays off after the refresh and only switches on when you press the power button. Never used the monitor buttons so much before. Hope they are hard wearing lol

Soldato
Yup 100% its doing the refresh. The monitor stays off after the refresh and only switches on when you press the power button. Never used the monitor buttons so much before. Hope they are hard wearing lol
I never need to use the power button, it does the refresh in standby mode then the next time I turn the pc on the monitor just turns on as normal

Soldato
That pixel refresh warning message is pretty annoying. Even after pressing it and the monitor does its thing. Switch the monitor back on and the warning is pinging up again.
Hold the power button in for a few seconds and it’ll give you the option to refresh and it’ll turn off afterwards.

Last edited:
Soldato
The monitor is amazing, received it today, but regrettably it’s just a bit too big for me. I wish I didn’t have such stupid vestibular problems because this is pretty much peak monitor. The colours are insane. And the price was excellent for what you get. Argh.

Might have to try one of the 27” OLED’s instead as that’s about as big as I can tolerate on a desk.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The monitor is amazing, received it today, but regrettably it’s just a bit too big for me. I wish I didn’t have such stupid vestibular problems because this is pretty much peak monitor. The colours are insane. And the price was excellent for what you get. Argh.

Might have to try one of the 27” OLED’s instead as that’s about as big as I can tolerate on a desk.

Just use it in 16:9 1440p mode and it becomes a 27" :D

Back
Top Bottom