World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Soldato
Question is, where does one get a monitor of this caliber that is 27"? Closest is the 40" LG I think.

Only option is the various LG based 240hz panels, but they all have their own shortcomings. I can’t use anything bigger than 27”, I did think about trying a VA 240hz panel but they all seem to have their own issues. IPS makes me sick, tried so many at this point and always the same result.

At this rate I’m going to be sticking with my TN 1080p panel Bwahah. I really hate buying monitors.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Only option is the various LG based 240hz panels, but they all have their own shortcomings. I can’t use anything bigger than 27”, I did think about trying a VA 240hz panel but they all seem to have their own issues. IPS makes me sick, tried so many at this point and always the same result.

At this rate I’m going to be sticking with my TN 1080p panel Bwahah. I really hate buying monitors.

1080p!!! Even worse :cry:

Only other thing that comes to mind is put the monitor further back. Anything beats going back to TN 1080p hehe.

Associate
Got my AW3423DWF today and all seems to be good with it! Firmware has been updated to the one released last week.

Regarding Win 11 settings, am i better to leave Windows HDR off and just let games control HDR? I've installed Bettercleartype and set taskbar to auto-hide.

Anything else i should be tweaking or setting up (i've reskimmed the thread, but at 387 pages, i'm sure i've missed something)?

Associate
I would recommend that you change the colour scheme where Window Accent colours for borders, menu's etc are changed from the default White colour (that'll burn hard if you're not careful) to something more muted, like Storm Grey (one of the greys near the bottom of the selection) in the Themes bit in Windows 11.

Associate
seDnZFj.png

Using code DAILYMAIL8MON

Tempting as I could get another £100 off using AMEX reward, making it £672.
how do you get the amex discount? does it need to be a business card? my brothers with amex do ill ask him to pay for it for me that extra 100 off would be sweet

Soldato
Really trying hard to convince myself i don't need this monitor, going from a VA ultrawide to QD OLED will not be as big of a difference as i will imagine!

Soldato
First impression are very good. Oled is just crazy good, league of legends in ultrawide with oled is amazing.
I now can use HDR and auto HDR

One thing though is the slight downgrade to fine detail coming from 27" 4k to 1440p I do notice the reduction. But the pros definitely out do the only negative.

Will dig into some more games over coming days.

Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
First impression are very good. Oled is just crazy good, league of legends in ultrawide with oled is amazing.
I now can use HDR and auto HDR

One thing though is the slight downgrade to fine detail coming from 27" 4k to 1440p I do notice the reduction. But the pros definitely out do the only negative.

Will dig into some more games over coming days.

Same thing happened to me mate. But as you say the pro's easily outweigh it. You will get used to it after a while. Took me almost year. Lol.

But you know what helps a lot with it? DLDSR or whatever AMD's version is called (Super Resolution?). I set mine to 5160x2160 and set DLSS to Quality and it looks so much better. The performance ends up being essentially what native resolution would be.

Soldato
Same thing happened to me mate. But as you say the pro's easily outweigh it. You will get used to it after a while. Took me almost year. Lol.

But you know what helps a lot with it? DLDSR or whatever AMD's version is called (Super Resolution?). I set mine to 5160x2160 and set DLSS to Quality and it looks so much better. The performance ends up being essentially what native resolution would be.

Good idea I will give that a try. I also seen a reddit post that using cru you can force 10bit, native res and 165hz plus HDR 1000

Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
GOD OF HDR I MEAN WAR.

Wow, the quality of this game in HDR is amazing. I mean I thought my Ips at times looked good but now I can truly see what I was missing.

It's the pure black that just makes lights pop with so much detail.

Yep. I been saying that for ages. That game even looked awesome and better than most PC games even when playing it on my PS4 Pro on my OLED 3 years ago. I enjoyed it so much I got it on steam and played it again last year. The game simply shines on OLED and proper HDR.

HDR done right in games has a huge impact on image quality. It is just a shame we hardly get any.

The other one you want to try is Horizon Zero Dawn. I am looking forward to Forbidden West.

Back
Top Bottom