World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Is it normal for UPS to redirect your parcel to an Access point? I never requested it but i just got a UPS notification that my monitor will be sent to an access point close by?

Any idea what happened at month 6 of the longevity test? Burn in disappeared. It didn't even look like burn in which is dark shade in month 4, it looked more like image retention.

I'm away for the next 2 weeks but mentally compiling a list of games to play when I get back that will show off OLED in the best possible light, So far I have both Ori games, Anyone got any suggestions ?

Any idea what happened at month 6 of the longevity test? Burn in disappeared. It didn't even look like burn in which is dark shade in month 4, it looked more like image retention.

They likely shifted their attention to that very long burn in test they're doing which includes the DWF.

The first RTings test was flawed because it did not allow some displays to run their maintenance cycles, add to that some buggy Samsung firmware preventing that.

The new test took that into account and we now see 2nd gen Samsung TVs being more resilient than the LG ones.
https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/longevity-results-after-10-months (check G3 vs S95C)

We also see the DWF exhibit no burn in after 6 months running CNN 20 hours a day at full brightness, that's 3600 hours of static logo and news crawl. How can some users still get burn in within months then?

Very puzzled about the whole thing and I still wouldn't use an OLED as a monitor. As a TV it's fine but I'm ready to fight for my rights if burn in shows up and I get fobbed off warranty wise.

Last edited:
You CX had burn in? My B9 has none that I can see, but not used it as a monitor, but she'd many games on it.

Nah, it's been flawless so far despite playing the odd game for a long time without switching. Was wondering which had the better resistance but it will probably be a few years to know for sure. Haven't seen many cases of CX burn-in.

Reactions: TNA
Nah, it's been flawless so far despite playing the odd game for a long time without switching. Was wondering which had the better resistance but it will probably be a few years to know for sure. Haven't seen many cases of CX burn-in.

I am not worried about burn in on OLED's any more to be honeat. Any burn you do ever get you need to go out of your way to find it too.

OLED only for me going forward until micro Led comes out and is price similar.

Back
Top Bottom